color
clarity

Show me real life perspective shots of tennis bracelets

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1410634960|3750431 said:
mom2boys|1410625599|3750373 said:
I forgot that I tried on a 8+ct line bracelet this summer. Wish I had better pics of it, but it was blingtastic in real life:

Gosh, that looks perfect with your solitaire. PERFECT. I hope you will add something similar to your permanent collection.

It's on the list--just debating between a diamond bracelet (still trying to figure out size for myself so this thread is very helpful :)) ) vs Cartier BB for my next future purchase!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot that I tried on a 8+ct line bracelet this summer. Wish I had better pics of it, but it was blingtastic in real life:

I learned a new word today - "blingtastic" ... cool.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mom2boys, now that I look at it more carefully, I really like the straighter line look. I think in the end, it might be the one with the biggest bling factor to my eyes.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1410641810|3750490 said:

mom2boys, now that I look at it more carefully, I really like the straighter line look. I think in the end, it might be the one with the biggest bling factor to my eyes.

That's funny how you prefer the straight line look (which is definitely a lot of bling :sun: ) b/c I'm leaning toward the 3 prong bracelet where you can see the outline of each diamond individually.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1410640367|3750476 said:

I learned a new word today - "blingtastic" ... cool.

Not sure if it's in the Webster's dictionary, lol!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it wonderful how there are so many choices for everyone?

I like to see the outlines of the diamonds as well which is why I started with 3-prongs.
It wasn't until I met Wink that he told me about his hand-assembled 4-prong bracelets that look like 3-prongs.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1410642433|3750496 said:

I like to see the outlines of the diamonds as well which is why I started with 3-prongs.
It wasn't until I met Wink that he told me about his hand-assembled 4-prong bracelets that look like 3-prongs.

Cflutist--you are the queen of all diamond bracelets IMHO!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1410642837|3750500 said:
cflutist|1410642433|3750496 said:

Cflutist--you are the queen of all diamond bracelets IMHO!

Well thank you very much.

However, I've seen many beautiful bracelets on PS, some with very intricate designs.
It is not always just "bling" factor, but design and craftsmanship as well, and that's where
I have admired other members' bracelets too.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1410642240|3750494 said:
LLJsmom|1410641810|3750490 said:

That's funny how you prefer the straight line look (which is definitely a lot of bling :sun: ) b/c I'm leaning toward the 3 prong bracelet where you can see the outline of each diamond individually.

That was my initial love too. I think I like the line look in pictures. IRL, I think I like the separated round stone look. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I should expect more bracelets to view in the next week. And even then, I have to order the stones, and then set it. It's a long project. I suck at being patient.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, just an update on my search. We finally found the right setting. I am amazed at how different the look is with each setting. Four prong set really close with a center bottom hinge. Thus no metal on the sides but close enough that each stone won't look too separated from the others.

Here are pics but unfortunately the stones are not yet set. We will be ordering them separately. I am surprised that my carat weight is actually determined by the setting I choose (and of course the budget). Since the stones are closer set, in the same length there will be more carat weight.

I took pics of the underside so I could see how much less heavy the look is compared to the hybrid setting. A lot more light gets through the individual stone settings.

I am still deciding on stone size. It will be at least 3-4 more weeks until completion. Remind me to stay strong and not go blow my funds on a filler bauble until I get this finished. This painfully slow process is killing me! But I think it will all be worth it in the end. :pray:

_22690.jpg

_22692.jpg

_22691.jpg

_22693.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting, it's going to look fabulous!! What size are the stones in the picture?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi|1411725172|3757233 said:
Beautiful setting, it's going to look fabulous!! What size are the stones in the picture?

Thanks Dandi! I looked at your bracelet again yesterday. It's beautiful on you.

These are 10 pointers in the pic.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not even finished and it's already looking good! Can't wait for you to post pics of the finished product. Thanks for such an informative topic :)

Edit for spelling

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be one gorgeous bracelet when you are finished.
You are blessed with small wrists, 10-pointers looks HUGE !!!!

Congrats.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1411743573|3757341 said:

Congrats.

Cflutist, thanks for the encouragement. To be honest, the stones looked small to me. Can DSS have set in before the bracelet has even been constructed? :Up_to_something: I think I probably have one of the worst cases out there! :lol:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1411744846|3757353 said:
cflutist|1411743573|3757341 said:

Congrats.

Cflutist, thanks for the encouragement. To be honest, the stones looked small to me. Can DSS have set in before the bracelet has even been constructed? :Up_to_something: I think I probably have one of the worst cases out there! :lol:

Well then, just go for the .33s and be done with it. :naughty:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, this will be fun to watch unfold!

I agree w/ Cflutist, enabling here for the larger stone .... :naughty:

That setting does look really nice--can't wait to see your SMTB!! :dance:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RosieR|1411741700|3757324 said:
Not even finished and it's already looking good! Can't wait for you to post pics of the finished product. Thanks for such an informative topic :)

Edit for spelling

Thanks Rosie. I can hardly wait too. Hope this thread helps people that are considering one too.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1411716045|3757214 said:
Hi everyone, just an update on my search. We finally found the right setting. I am amazed at how different the look is with each setting. Four prong set really close with a center bottom hinge. Thus no metal on the sides but close enough that each stone won't look too separated from the others.

Here are pics but unfortunately the stones are not yet set. We will be ordering them separately. I am surprised that my carat weight is actually determined by the setting I choose (and of course the budget). Since the stones are closer set, in the same length there will be more carat weight.

I took pics of the underside so I could see how much less heavy the look is compared to the hybrid setting. A lot more light gets through the individual stone settings.

I am still deciding on stone size. It will be at least 3-4 more weeks until completion. Remind me to stay strong and not go blow my funds on a filler bauble until I get this finished. This painfully slow process is killing me! But I think it will all be worth it in the end. :pray:

Good choice! So what will be the final tcw w/ the 10pters?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, This is going to be so worth the wait!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1411776276|3757608 said:
LLJsmom|1411716045|3757214 said:

Here are pics but unfortunately the stones are not yet set. We will be ordering them separately. I am surprised that my carat weight is actually determined by the setting I choose (and of course the budget). Since the stones are closer set, in the same length there will be more ctw.

Good choice! So what will be the final tcw w/ the 10pters?

With 10 pointers made for my length, it will be 4ctw. I'm hoping it works out with 12 pointers which will be 4.8 ctw for 5.75 inches. I'm crossing my fingers!!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's going to be beautiful! With as much work and research as you've put into it, I have no doubt that it will be perfect. I can't wait to see the finished piece!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the setting you selected! In fact, I love it so much that I'm wondering if you know where your jeweler sourced it so I can have my jeweler get it too? I need to do my bracelet upgrade thru IDJ since I purchased my original bracelet there and I LOVE this setting for all the reasons you do. I like the continuous line look, and I really like that it's 4 prong but each stone still has a rounded look. I can't wait to see the finished product!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1411920000|3758174 said:
I LOVE the setting you selected! In fact, I love it so much that I'm wondering if you know where your jeweler sourced it so I can have my jeweler get it too? I need to do my bracelet upgrade thru IDJ since I purchased my original bracelet there and I LOVE this setting for all the reasons you do. I like the continuous line look, and I really like that it's 4 prong but each stone still has a rounded look. I can't wait to see the finished product!!

Hi Jill, so happy you like this setting too! I should have it done in about two weeks so I will take a bunch of pictures when I get it. It's from Benjamin and Company. #1372. I will check this and confirm for you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

http://www.benjamincompany.com

It supplies to businesses. I discovered there are a lot of Benjamin and company's out there. 1372 is wrong. I'll look for it when I get home. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jill, I think it is BR-1370. I will confirm with my jeweler when I can.

Bienca

Rough_Rock
Here is my tennis bracelets. The first one is about 0.48 each × 28 stones. Total is 13.xx carats. (Sorry, I can't remember the exact weight. ) The second one is 0.03 each × 61stones. Total is 1.83 carats. I think the first one is too big for daily wears and the second one is too small. So I might find another one in between of these sizes.

20140930_182208.jpg

20140930_181916.jpg

Bienca

Rough_Rock
Hi! LLJsmom
Your chosen design is gorgeous. Really looking forward to see your finished bracelet. But I just wanna tell you that don't forget to have double secure lock to prevent accidentally loss. My friend has lost it during the concert coz her bracelet has only one lock.

20140930_185258.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bienca|1412078394|3759114 said:
Hi! LLJsmom
Your chosen design is gorgeous. Really looking forward to see your finished bracelet. But I just wanna tell you that don't forget to have double secure lock to prevent accidentally loss. My friend has lost it during the concert coz her bracelet has only one lock.

Hi Bienca,

Thanks for sharing that hugely blingy bracelet. Wow! Yes, I have the extra lock which goes under the bracelet. I placed the order today. I'm so excited!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered it today. I am so excited. 14k white gold. I asked about platinum but the jeweler talked to the bracelet manufacturer and they said 14k is fine. 40 12 pointers. 5.75 inches. OMG. So excited. It will happen in this century! Feels like it's been forever. Thanks for everyone's support and advice and pics of your lovely bracelets. Has made all the difference in the world. xoxo...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results