shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me marquise settings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Hello all! I have a large amethyst in a marquise shape that my grandma gave me and I''m looking for ideas to reset it (it''s currently in a ring that''s really not my style). I''m thinking something in white gold with thin pave. Maybe a split shank? I love split shanks, but I''ve never seen one with a marquise before. Maybe a really thin halo? I''ve also considered a three stone ring with bullets or something, but I think that would be a bit out of budget. The amethyst isn''t worth all that much and I don''t want to go spending thousands of dollars on a setting (and sidestones) for it.

I''ll see if I can get some pictures later, but for some perspective the stone is probably 15mm long (guesstimating here) so I think it may be too big for an east-west setting (unfortunately).

Thanks for the help!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I would love to see it in something like the 2nd one (N/S, not E/W) but without the diamonds. I''m envisioning a bezel set N/S with a plain white gold split shank.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I like the idea of the second one the most ... maybe without the halo as my stone is pretty big on my finger already. But I love the split shank with pave. Yum!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 7:26:43 PM
Author: Elmorton
I am dying to see a marquise e-w in a bezel!

Ooooh Elmorton, I think that would be gorgeous. I''ll try to hunt one down. In the meantime, you gotta love Jazmine''s gorgeous e-w set marquise with halo. Love that ring. Here''s a pic:

ring464ja.JPG

I think the most beautiful marquise setting is by Leon Mege, I hope to do something like this to my marquise one day. (I have a marquise set in a 2mm solitaire, if you''re interested in checking that out).

SHCMegeMarquise.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
How about this beauty by Diamonds by Lauren. Gosh, I think the marquise is *such* a pretty shape!

109104f.JPG

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
This is my fav marquis setting. Simple - yet SO elegant. Unless you have really thin fingers I thing it might work. let us know what you end up with!

horizontal marquis.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Wish the pic wasn't so small on this one, but it looks like it could be SOOOO BEAUTIFUL. I was just imagining my Marquise set like that, and I was all 'WOW'!!

5bandmarquise.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Elmorton I think I found an east/west bezel marquise! Yay! It came from this thread (which the OP should check out, lots of ideas there.)

M85III.jpg

ETA: that thread is for e/w set marquise, which the OP thinks their stone might be too big for
8.gif
Sorry, but it is still a good idea to check it out!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Rock Your Socks I loved this one, so good looking!

MarquiseHaloRing4_preview.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thank you all soooo much for the suggestions! I''ve never seen so many marquise settings. I''ll try to take a pic this weekend of the stone (I''m on a business trip until Friday so I can''t get to it). Maybe seeing it will help the imagination! My favorite idea at the moment is a split shank with pave, no halo. As much as I love halos, it might be too much. I''m a sucker for a beautiful profile and I can''t quite imagine how that would look with a marquise split shank design ... hopefully my jeweler would be able to come up with something awesome.

Thanks again for all of your help! I never would''ve found half these pictures without PS.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
slight hijack here, but please glitterazzi - can you tell me where this setting is from?

It looks like it might be an option for a stone I have

many many thanks

26.gif

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
this one...can''t figure this out sometimes how to attach things!

26.gif

horizontal marquise.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results