shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me how your rings have aged

susief

Shiny_Rock
I'm really interested to see how well different styles of rings hold up over the years. I've been browsing the E-Ring eye candy thread which begins in 2003, and wish I could see what those rings look like now, if they have been worn regularly. I wonder if the ones that look more "solid" with thick plain shanks have held up better than the very thin, delicate pave ones, or whether it makes little difference.

Anyone fancy sharing? :)

You can also mention if the ring has needed any repair work doing, and how much you baby it!

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've never been one to baby my rings. I wore this particular set for 11 years. Had to have the baguettes tightened twice. Redipped (14k white gold) maybe 3 times. And I mean worn it all day every single day for 11-12 years. Beach, pool, boat, cleaning, cooking, showering, sleeping, etc.

I did have a new setting made using my round and baguettes. I wanted something more vintage looking and just a few tweaks to the setting. My original was sort of clunky. And a new 7 stone wedding band very recently. But I have no doubt I could have worn my original for my entire life.

_30544.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've had my current ER for around 8 years, in that time I've cracked the bottom of the shank twice (original jeweler was able to laser repair) and I have it occasionally rhodium plated (14k white gold). It gets worn nearly daily (not in the house or sleeping) and has held up very well. I've never had any lost melee. The milgrain has worn down and it pretty much non existent now. That's OK though, just reminds me of how long I've had the pleasure of wearing it :)

er_0.jpg

_30545.jpg

susief

Shiny_Rock
Wow, stunning rings unsettled and asscherhalo_lover ! I'm really impressed at how well they have held up against daily wear and the sort of things you've described.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my ring in 2007. I take it off at night but wear it non-stop during the day. Doesn't matter what I am doing, I rarely take it off. It looks just as good today as it did in 2007 when new.

_30572.jpg

dsc_2837.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only had this reset last summer, so not long. I wear it every day all day, and night, except when weight lifting. I'll have to check again in a couple of years.

_30636.jpg

_30637.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I show you my hands instead?.. :bigsmile:

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
I can see this thread being very helpful and I am hoping there are some that have mix of metals bands that are older to post.

Here is my wedding band, which is almost 11 years old! It has been stretched from size 6 to 8, but I actually like the added worn look with it after it was stretched. Kind of goes with the old Celtic knot.

Here is my first upgrade band wore everyday up from 07-14 never dipped. This will be my RHR with hopefully concave sapphire. Milligrain is still fine and nothing worn off, diamonds never popped out. Like I said never took off bc of pregnancy finger swell :)

_30682.jpg

_30683.jpg

_30684.jpg

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
A couple of days ago I would have said my rings all look as good as new, but on Friday my IDJ round and baguette band snapped in half. It is made out of platinum and I'd only worn it for 11 months. I'm not hard on my hands at all. I'm really upset :blackeye:

_30707.jpg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magpie4426|1433045005|3883176 said:
A couple of days ago I would have said my rings all look as good as new, but on Friday my IDJ round and baguette band snapped in half. It is made out of platinum and I'd only worn it for 11 months. I'm not hard on my hands at all. I'm really upset :blackeye:

Oh, no! That's so upsetting, Magpie. I have that same ring in white gold, and haven't had any problems, in five years.
Have you contacted IDJ about it? I have a feeling they would be concerned and want to help you out, especially after less than a year.

susief

Shiny_Rock
More beautiful rings! Thanks everyone !

Magpie, so sorry about your ring :( I am sure a reputable jeweller like IDJ will sort it out for you, but it still must be upsetting. Did it just happen out of the blue?

Dancing Fire, sure, as long as there is something sparkly on them :bigsmile:

Here is my own humble contribution - a 3mm heavy weight platinum band, worn daily non stop for almost 5 years. So comfortable and I love the patina. I plan to never get it polished.

img_20150531_101046708.jpg

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
That is horrible magpie4426. I hope the company does fix the band. Please tell us if they fix it.

Susie love the patina!

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your concern. I've contacted IDJ and will let you know what they say

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results