shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Diamond Earring Jackets..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are tons of us with studs here...has anyone found any good earring jackets that they can recommend?

I am particularly looking for something dangly and fun. The only ones I have found are ones that sit solely on the earlobe, nothing dangly.

1.gif
Suggestions, pictures?!?!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara,

I know that these aren''t what you are looking for [not danglies] but I do have fun with them. I can really dress them up by adding my diamond studs in the middle or dress them down with other gemstone studs like the pearls on the left. It''s amazing how different they look with the different color stones in the middle and you could have more fun collecting different color gemstone studs to wear in them..........just a thought.
9.gif

cmsjackts.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara,

I found some very nice dangle earring jackets on the Generous Gems website. They have a large variety of diamond dangles. I would have copied some of the pics but they have that function disabled. Check it out, it may give you some new ideas.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks catmom i will check it out.

jewels that is exactly what i am looking for! i saw a gal with some on at a wedding last week and thought wow those would be fab as earring jackets!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Platinumsmith has several posted on his website - they are pear shaped pearls and aquamarine drops at the end of a row of round diamonds (like some in the Jazz line by Tiffany). If you like them long, a line of diamonds like that sounds great, even if you will not end it with a color drop.

DSCN6663_Assorted.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock

I turned these into jackets from earrings last year after trying on some 3 ct pears jackets (3 ct EACH) that were out of my diamond budget, but got me thinking. I would still like some pear jackets -- they were a great look, but they have to be large enough to look right, and matching pears is not trivial...

I found that jackets don''t "swing" as naturally as a real earring does. Thus, the rope style might work better than a fixed stle like this. I just did this to make the earrings a little more substantial. They are still fairly small, as I don''t wear large earrings (small ears and short hair -- I''m "just the earring" if I go too big), but I think jackets are a great way to get different looks. I''ll probably create some more. I have some round halo ones also, that I hate, as they don''t lay right. I think there is an art to getting the jacket to become "one" with the earring.

earring dangle  merge lop.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
very pretty lop!!

i really like the rope swingies, but maybe a bit shorter than jewels. we''ll have to see!! i love the platinumsmith items on his site, divine! those aquas. swoonable!

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I''m also looking for some earring jackets, so please keep the ideas coming! :)

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
lop, love those jackets.

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
My wife''s diamond dangle jackets. The pair on the left are Stuller designs modified to add the center coffin-shaped diamonds. The 2 middle pairs are converted from earrings. The J hoops are from Kim Manufacturing. (Sorry for the low quality photo. i obviously need to get a stand for the camera.)

E-JacketsPS.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gem I love the stuller diamond settings, any closer up pictures?!
31.gif

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/17/2005 1:32:48 PM
Author: Mara
Gem I love the stuller diamond settings, any closer up pictures?!
31.gif
I''ll try tonight. Maybe I can get some through my loop or using my camera (these were taken by my wife).

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Mara, here is a better photo. The "coffins'' are actually pointed at each end. They are probably about J-K color VS stones and very shallow with long facets on the edges. The melee is G SI1. I had my bench jeweler add the center stone prongs to the Stuller catalog mountings.

CoffinJacs.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results