shape
carat
color
clarity

She's Keeping It!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you may have read my previous post pertaining to my niece's OMC find ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/niece-needs-help.205430/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/niece-needs-help.205430/[/URL]).
She was on the fence because the stone is very tinted and also because she didn't know what to expect from old cuts. She bought it anyway because it came with a 30 day return window. She had it gold plated after I advised her to celebrate the tint, and she is very happy with her ring now. I will post before and after pictures.
She has a size 7 finger. Estimated M color and VS clarity and 1.38 carat.

Before:image_2239.jpg

After: image_2246.jpg
image_2245.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I skimmed past the part where you said she told plated it and I was like "why does this look so gold!?"

That was very smart of her it just bring the whole ring over the top! I love gold. The stone looks huge in her and I remember you said this was her trying to get the most "bang for her buck". I can say she sure did that's beautiful! And with the gold very classic yet unique.

Vampira

Rough_Rock
It's just beautiful! Love the yellow gold, makes the whole piece feel much more soft and romantic.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow nala that looks beautiful on her! The gold plating was an excellent idea, it looks really lovely!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow gold makes a world of different, the stone and ring looks stunning on her!!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Stunning makeover! That ring is gorgeous. :love:
I hope your niece is in love with it now.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the yellow gold absolutely took it to a new (beautiful) place! Great call. It looks fantastic on her!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! :love: :love: :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, yes, the YG makes the tint of the diamond SING!

ming

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Huge difference. Thanks so much for posting this and what an easy way to improve on the ring.

I want an old cut but look better in white metals and concerned that if I go to low in color I won't do a lower color stone justice in a platinum or white gold setting. Something for me to think about.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, the gold gave it a new look...very pretty!

lisa1802

Rough_Rock
Tell her that's pretty much my dream stone! I adore old cuts in warm colors. She got a great price too!! Beautiful.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the record, I think her ring is FABULOUS! Really love it. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wonderful decision! The gold brings out the best in the stone - I love it, and it looks fabulous on her hand. Congratulations to her!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness I LOVE it!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks terrific. The yellow gold really made a dramatic difference.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a great idea to yg plate it! The ring is totally different now. It's gorgeous!

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Love the yg!!! The facet structure in the diamond just pops! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love it, especially with the YG! Gorgeous :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to you all for your lovely comments. I shared this thread with my niece, and she was beyond ecstatic with the response! Someone asked if the plating would wear off, and the answer is yes--it won't last for too long. But the good news is that this small change helped her to solidify her decision because she was able to appreciate the stone more. The better news is that she had the stone removed because the prongs needed retipping and the jeweler weighed it...drumroll....it weighs a 1.5!!! Needless to say, she was even more jazzed. She has plans to reset it if the gold plating becomes to costly to keep up, but for now, she is really rocking it and I can enjoy eye candy on someone close to me!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great idea to use a yellow gold plate - it's beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results