shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your imperfect perfect

Wyntery

Shiny_Rock
I've read so many stories on the forums about damaged stones and what to do with them and it got me wondering: how have PS'ers reused damaged diamonds and CS? Do you have a dinged, dented, chipped or just generally imperfect stone that you've managed to disguise with some clever setting? If so, share it here and give some hope to the unloved stones lurking in the bottom of our jewelry boxes.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Interesting topic! I hope you get some input or before/after photos! :appl:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an OEC that I inherited from my great-grandmother. She really abused it - the girdle is terribly damaged. But I wear it anyway. :)

img_9832.jpg

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely a new topic that should be fun to check up on every now and then. That ring looks good by the way.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chipped girdle, has feather inclusions, and the setting is pretty beat up. I am crazy about the bold prismatic flash though!

_35233.jpg

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping because I like seeing well worn loved pieces!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I will post more pictures if I can get a close up.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh! I have one to share! :wavey:
This is my mother's ring from 1955. The stone was originally her mother's stone from the early 1900's.
When my parents got engaged in 1954 they brought the stone to Tiffany in NY who at the time would set stones that they didn't sell themselves. The ring was lovingly worn for many years and shows the dings to prove it. The girdle has a definite chip in it. It's a lovely ring still.. set very low and a true classic. Worn and treasured for many happy years.. :love: :love: :love:

img_9879.jpg

elliebelle2

Rough_Rock
When my boyfriend and I went ring shopping I knew I wanted a round brilliant. At the jeweler I tried on a couple but I fell in love with this one that my bf didn't really like lol. He thought it was too yellow. I thought that's what made it so pretty! Anyways he had it set and proposed and it looks noooo where near as yellow BUT I felt weird about it bc it is so obviously not a perfect round shape. It kinda looks like if a circle was squished down. Anyways it drove me nuts. Then a posted a pic of it online and all these people started telling me it was an OEC not a round brilliant and then I researched what the hell an OEC is. Safe to say I am in love with my ring again after learning about the history of the cut!
photo1_8.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1447970329|3951852 said:
Ooooh! I have one to share! :wavey:
This is my mother's ring from 1955. The stone was originally her mother's stone from the early 1900's.
When my parents got engaged in 1954 they brought the stone to Tiffany in NY who at the time would set stones that they didn't sell themselves. The ring was lovingly worn for many years and shows the dings to prove it. The girdle has a definite chip in it. It's a lovely ring still.. set very low and a true classic. Worn and treasured for many happy years.. :love: :love: :love:

How cool is that? :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elliebelle - you only have 2 posts!! Can you start a thread and show more pics or at least in the Show me the Bling thread with 300+ pages? The profile etc? I for one would love to see more!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
elliebelle2|1448033766|3952091 said:
When my boyfriend and I went ring shopping I knew I wanted a round brilliant. At the jeweler I tried on a couple but I fell in love with this one that my bf didn't really like lol. He thought it was too yellow. I thought that's what made it so pretty! Anyways he had it set and proposed and it looks noooo where near as yellow BUT I felt weird about it bc it is so obviously not a perfect round shape. It kinda looks like if a circle was squished down. Anyways it drove me nuts. Then a posted a pic of it online and all these people started telling me it was an OEC not a round brilliant and then I researched what the hell an OEC is. Safe to say I am in love with my ring again after learning about the history of the cut!
photo1_8.jpg

Love your wonky OEC...you chose what most long time PSr's go crazy over...Old cuts. So funny you called it "squished down" but really cool you picked what your eyes loved. Great testimony to the eye appeal of the anitque stones.

Please post the stats and more pics. Lovely ring!

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello there, this is such a different and interesting sort of post! Since Christmas is round the corner, here's adding on an apt piece! (Merry Christmas to all too, even if it's waaaaay in advance!)

My husband got me this diamond snowflake pendant last Christmas and I wear it on a daily basis. As you can see, it is made of cloudy small diamonds with slightly bent frame, and was also bought secondhand from Ebay. My husband had asked me to choose a gift. I like the snowflake design, plus it was very affordable and coincided with a period of a negative and stressful life event, it was chosen, so as not to break husband's wallet and to remind myself to see perfect beauty in an imperfect life. :)

snowflake_pendant.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
elliebelle2|1448033766|3952091 said:
photo1_8.jpg
what a great story! :appl:
and it's beautiful
AND it looks great on you!

My Mom's Tiffany RB has a little ding.
She carried her rings around in a plastic bag in her purse when she wasn't wearing them :errrr: :confused:
Sometimes I think I'll get it recut to an ideal, but then her ghost yells at me and says if she knew I was going to do that she would have taken it with her : )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results