shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings with Round Center and Channel Set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I've always liked channel set diamonds because they seem so easy to wear and hard to lose/mess up. I especially like princess and other square-ish cuts in channels, but my center stone is round (a 1.67ct OEC) and I'm not sure what to do. I've done the "design your own ring" thing on Blue Nile with a round stone and princess channel set and it just doesn't look right. I know that a lot of people on here are very anti-round channel set ... so what would you recommend? Anyone have pictures of channel set (round or otherwise) with a round stone? (I searched but wasn't able to find anything other than round center with round and square center with square).

Thanks!
1.gif

ETA: To give some context, I really like Lucida-type settings, but feel that I need some sort of sidestones since I will be getting a plain wedding band. Round channels were the obvious choice since I like channel set, but if anyone has pictures of a x-prong type setting with other side stones, let me see 'em!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
elrohwen - Welcome to PS!
35.gif

I know exactly what you are talking about. My e-ring has a round center stone and channel set princess side stones and actually some round bead set side stones as well.

Here is a link to my SMTR thread. There are tons of pictures on several of the pages so that you can check it out and see if you really like how this look can come together.

I''d love to see your OEC.
18.gif
They are just so gorgeous!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your ring is gorgeous! Sooo many sparklies. Haha. Thanks for sharing! I really like how you combined princess and round sidestones. I don''t remember ever seeing that before and it looks awesome.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My RB is set in a solitaire, but I wear it with an asscher cut channel-set band, so this kind of gives you the idea of how an RB looks with square channel-set stones.

IMG_1682channel.JPG

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2008 10:26:37 AM
Author: elrohwen
Wow, your ring is gorgeous! Sooo many sparklies. Haha. Thanks for sharing! I really like how you combined princess and round sidestones. I don''t remember ever seeing that before and it looks awesome.
My pleasure, hope it helps!
35.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2008 10:44:06 AM
Author: vespergirl
My RB is set in a solitaire, but I wear it with an asscher cut channel-set band, so this kind of gives you the idea of how an RB looks with square channel-set stones.
I love that look! Do you mind if I ask where you got the asscher band? I would love one of those...
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I originally had PC stones set in my wrings with a RB solitaire and found I didn''t like them because they just didn''t sparkle enough. So this spring I went with some bezel set RB for my ering and a channel set RB band and like them just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results