shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay Pave band VS Plain -- A taste test!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Breathtaking new pictures Demelza! Your diamond is just stunning with ANY band.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MEGA DROOL here girl, I adore # 11 ...so beautiful and big!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the shared prong band with your solitaire, too! Did you ever try getting a very thin spacer ring to wear to protect your e-ring?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Demelza, I LOVE the shared prong band with solitaire look! I can''t wait to be married and wear my set. Just 6 more months! My prongs on my ering will get a little scratched too but I don''t mind.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Demelza, did you get the prongs shaved down? It looks thinner than before.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2006 12:55:46 AM
Author: CareBear

No, I didn't. I wonder why they look thinner. You have this setting too, right? Did you get your prongs shaved down? Does the size of them bother you? I notice the prongs much more in pictures than in real life, and, frankly, I'd be a bit nervous to have them thinned out. What if they didn't come out symmetrically? Or what if the strength was compromised? Yikes!

Diamondseeker -- No, I haven't tried a spacer band yet. I don't think I'd like the way it looks. And, frankly, I only plan on wearing the shared prong band very infrequently. Hopefully no irreversible damage will occur.

MGR -- Thanks! I can't wait to see YOUR new band!!!

Snlee -- it will be here before you know it!!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2006 2:22:31 PM
Author: Demelza

Date: 2/25/2006 12:55:46 AM
Author: CareBear

No, I didn''t. I wonder why they look thinner. You have this setting too, right? Did you get your prongs shaved down? Does the size of them bother you? I notice the prongs much more in pictures than in real life, and, frankly, I''d be a bit nervous to have them thinned out. What if they didn''t come out symmetrically? Or what if the strength was compromised? Yikes!

Diamondseeker -- No, I haven''t tried a spacer band yet. I don''t think I''d like the way it looks. And, frankly, I only plan on wearing the shared prong band very infrequently. Hopefully no irreversible damage will occur.

MGR -- Thanks! I can''t wait to see YOUR new band!!!

Snlee -- it will be here before you know it!!!!
Demelza, for some reason they look thinner in this set of pictures. I didn''t get mind shaved down. I thought about shaving off the tips of the prongs, the part that folds over the diamond, because they cover the diamond a little too much. But I''m worried it might ruin the setting so I didn''t want to risk it. I actually like your prong tips more than mine. They look a little more "round". My setting is a bit "pointy". Not sure if that makes sense. I think yours looks more like how the real Tiffany is set. Did you order the platinum matching band from Superbcert or from Tiffany?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results