shape
carat
color
clarity

Scott Kay Pave band VS Plain -- A taste test!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slammie

Shiny_Rock
wow Dem! That rock is on fire!! great shots
10.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m reviving this thread because I have another taste test for you all. Please tell me what you think of this band with my ring. It''s a Michael B lace. Thanks!!!

tastetest7.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
another...

tastetest4.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
almost done....

tastetest5.JPG

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Demelza, that''s beautiful! I may like that one the best out of all of your choices!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
done...

tastetest6.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow dem, it looks soooo pretty!
none of the other bands seemed to work, but i think this one looks GREAT!
36.gif

i like it very much!
18.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/27/2005 11:56:04 PM
Author: Demelza

Okay, I'm reviving this thread because I have another taste test for you all. Please tell me what you think of this band with my ring. It's a Michael B lace. Thanks!!!

I would so love it ... if the shape of the band would be similar with the shank of the ring - a knife edge with diamond bubbles like the Lace band.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, guys! Keep the comments coming! Here's a side by side shot of the plain and the MB.
ETA sorry about the orange light in the second photo
lmbd0001_2.JPG
tastetest7.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say....... I love it!!!! It adds just the right amount of sparkle and looks great with your ering!!! REALLY!!! I may have to get one myself!!!
31.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not quite there... but something like this:

EdgeChampagne.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks Ana. I can see a slight difference in the band. If only the MBs came in a knife edge.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/28/2005 12:23:30 AM

If only the MBs came in a knife edge.
Yeah...
7.gif

I've just went through the entire thread, and it looks like matching the size of the band and the ring's band made the difference in the end. The plain band looks great because it just fits in there.

The current state of affiairs (simple band) looks terrific anyway!
9.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Oh Demelza! I think the Michael B looks almost MADE for your ring! Gorgeous, gorgeous combo. Ana is right though, the lace band would also look great as a knife edge.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dem, what if... something could be done about THIS to fit your stone ?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loveeeeee that new MB ring...it fits great with the e-ring!! If only yes it was knife edge but other than that, I think it by far beats out everything else. YUM!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2005 12:57:34 AM
Author: valeria101

Dem, what if... something could be done about THIS to fit your stone ?
OMG Ana stop giving her ideas!!!

Besides that''s sold as a set and she already has a fab large stone. ;-)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG you got the Michael B lace???? You beat me to it, girl!! ;-) I''ve always been curious to see how it might look with my solitaire. (but I ended up with a plain 3mm comfort fit from e-weddingbands.com. I''m still trying to decide if I''m in love with it or not. My e-ring shank width is 2.5mm so it''s not quite a match, hmmmm)

I like both the plain band AND the Michael B...can you just keep both? Heheh.

Of the two, my eye prefers the plain band just because your stone is amazing and pops like crazy (I devour your arrows). Then again, the Michael B is quite subtle and adds just the right amount of interest to the set. It doesn''t overwhelm the stone at all. So either way, you win!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Kristy -- you''ve got to take pics of your new band. I''d love to see it!!!

This MB is the newest lace band -- it''s called the baby lace. It''s very thin -- 2 mm tops, 1.5 mm deep (about), .27 pts of diamonds.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Demelza, I really like that MB band with your solitaire ring. It is beautiful. But I do prefer the matching knife edge band. How do you feel about it?

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I''m usually all for more diamonds,
2.gif
but in this case I like your plain knife edge band better. I really like the baby lace MB one, just not with your knife edge setting as much. Now if you had the baby lace e-ring setting....
31.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always liked that band. . . just enough sparkle without being overpowering. I agree with the others - if it were knife edge it would be perfect. However, if you are determined to have a diamond band with your ring this one gets my vote. I still like the plain knife edge band with your ring but this looks really pretty. Tough choice. What to do, what to do. . . .

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I think the Michael B is gorgeous; I love that it adds more sparkle without competing with the E-ring. That is the look I wanted when engaged and couldn''t find!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I still prefer the knife edged plain band - the Michael B is pretty but doesn''t look like an exact match IMHO! If you really want a diamond band I would get a real thin channel set eternity band personally.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/28/2005 1:48:05 AM

This MB is the newest lace band -- it''s called the baby lace. It''s very thin -- 2 mm tops, 1.5 mm deep (about), .27 pts of diamonds.
Aha! I thought the old lace band was largr and more squareish... and 4k or so! That''s why the set from Pearlman''s looked like a ''comparable deal'' (taking the diamond out).
23.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you decide to keep the MichaelB band? It really is a beautiful ring.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2005 8:35:58 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

I am keeping it. My current plan is to get 2 thin shared prong bands from SP using my credit and flank the MB ring. I think it should look beautiful. I had been wearing it with my ering, but I think I do like the plain band best. I just love the MB design, though, and I think stacking it will show it off best.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2005 3:27:21 PM

I am keeping it. My current plan is to get 2 thin shared prong bands from SP using my credit and flank the MB ring. I think it should look beautiful. I had been wearing it with my ering, but I think I do like the plain band best. I just love the MB design, though, and I think stacking it will show it off best.
Ooh, that will be beautiful! I can''t wait to see your pictures of the three rings together!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2005 3:27:21 PM

I love this idea! you could even get some thin gemstone bands to stack with for days you might want a little color.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t wait to see your new creation - MichaelB stacked with two others - sounds wonderful!

Have you ordered the other two bands from SP yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results