shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Sapphire ring w floating halo from CvB Inspired Design

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Hello everybody! This is my first post, total newbie here. I've been lurking Pricescope for a little over a year; this site an amazing wealth of information!

I'd been coveting a particular antique Edwardian/Belle Époque era ring for a while now and finally had a reproduction made for myself.
I just wanted to share my new custom ring created by Etsy seller, CvB Inspired Design.

The center stone is a bezel set 8x6mm oval unheated/untreated VS light/medium cornflower blue Sri Lankan sapphire. The floating halo has 2 sets of round certified light/medium blue Yogo sapphires at the cardinal points and H/SI pavé set natural diamonds fill in the rest of the halo and flow a bit down the shank. All the gems are set in X1 white gold and shank and filagree underbasket was made in yellow gold. The two tone gold and the milgrain finishing touches kept it "true" to the antique style. :)

I honestly can't stop looking at my hand. :love: I attached a few photos, including a hand shot for scale. The ring was made in a size 6.5 (as my finger tends to go up a half size in the summer, I'm a 6 in the winter months.) Thanks for letting me share!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A native New Yorker, happily living in the suburbs,
under a big pile of dog hair. :)
NYC/CT - ChumleyGirl

img_3391.jpg

img_3393.jpg

img_3394.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is spectacularly perfect!

I love it. So unique yet classically vintage.

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much! I am SO happy with it! :love:

I will admit, I was so incredibly nervous to work with a jeweler online - but Caysie was FABULOUS to work with! :appl: I'd recommend her to anyone looking for that special bespoke piece!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chumleygirl|1390850598|3602160 said:

I will admit, I was so incredibly nervous to work with a jeweler online - but Caysie was FABULOUS to work with! :appl: I'd recommend her to anyone looking for that special bespoke piece!

Can you link their etsy I can't find it.

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1390850949|3602166 said:
chumleygirl|1390850598|3602160 said:

Can you link their etsy I can't find it.

Surely! Here it is. I initally purchased a light blue sapphire from Caysie to have reset in a different white gold halo ring (I wanted to swap out the tanzanite in it). When we started chatting about my inspiration ring, I told her I was definitely a bit intimidated by some of her item prices -- but I was totally reassured and we stayed well within my price point for my project ring during the entire process.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CVBinspiredDesign

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it just gorgeous! It seems airlines are really coming back in style with art deco reproduction pieces!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I know nothing about colored stones but I think I need to start learning. :mrgreen:
Stunning ring!! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: I love that!

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and compliments!! :)

I was SO obsessed with this design, especially in keeping the airline and the bit of "bumping out" over the edges of the halo on the North and South points. I always had very modern, "clean" jewelry pieces, but I realized I love openwork and antique styles.;-)

Here are a couple of photos I received from Caysie when the ring was ready.
The first one shows the pretty filagree in the underbasket design.

Second one showed me the final touches of milgrain.

(I'm sorry I'm new to site and just learning how to navigate posts and uploads.)
NYC/CT - ChumleyGirl

_14173.jpg

belleepoque.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning sapphires! Beautiful ring!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful! Enjoy it! :love:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous piece! Congratulations on designing such an inspired piece. It's classic and delicate yet one if a kind. Beautiful.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's marvelous! I have so many rings like this pin'ed. It's a stunner!

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
Oh my!! I just love it. I've looked at her Etsy site and her work is amazing. Maybe one day....

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Good morning from the northeast! Thank you SO much for the great feedback and such a warm welcome! It's greatly appreciated!! :wavey:

This was my first venture into colored gems. I love what sapphires signify - loyalty, fidelity. Someone told me that's where the term, "true blue" comes from - not sure if that's the case, but I like it! :cheeky:

NYC/CT - ChumleyGirl

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely beautiful, and so special! Love it!!

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Ally66!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty! Really beautiful design!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results