shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful Ring... A ring very close to that is on the current www.harry-winston.com site... It''s under colored stones.

Hope you get it, it''s a beauty...

T
19.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It looks absolutley wonderful. Keep us updated on what transpires!

cheers--Sharon

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 6:16:41 PM
Author: trishy44
Beautiful Ring... A ring very close to that is on the current www.harry-winston.com site... It''s under colored stones.

Hope you get it, it''s a beauty...

T
19.gif
Thanks for this info. I called them and the lady wanted me to email her a pic of the ring. The one on the website is 8 carats. It will be interesting to hear her thoughts.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Allison...I'm following this thread with great interest...that looks like such a fabulous ring!
3.gif
I'm excited for you!!!

I did have one thought I might mention, however. I don't believe you mentioned what they're asking for it, and of course you needn't reveal that if you don't want to.

But if the price is based on the assumption that the stone is unheated, I wouldn't pay it without first getting a confirming lab report on it from one of the major labs..(GIA, AGTA, AGL).

Just a thought. Can't wait to hear what you decide to do!

widget

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I want to hold off on mentioning price until I get the appraisal back. But I will definately keep you updated. I am trying to get in touch with the store so they can fax an ''appraisal'' over to my insurance guy so I can go pick it up and mail it off to Florida. Can''t take the ring out of the store until I have that peace of mind.

I really hope the appraisal is favorable. I love the ring and I don''t want to be disappointed.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
That''s such a gorgeous ring!!

Mine is similar but the opposite way around i.e. central diamond with ruby sides. I love the split claw prongs and the ruby is soooooo clean!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Definitely from the pic looks like a very high quality Burma ruby. What a find. I hope it''s a steal as well. Good luck on the appraisal. Keep us posted.

shay

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
We picked up the ring today. I decided to wait until Monday to mail it to the appraiser so I could look at it closely myself. NM will want to know if I want it, most likely before i get it back so I wanted some time with it to inspect it. So far, I can''t find a thing wrong with it. I see no inclusions at all. It is so clear and vivid.

On a side note, I was kind of wondering why my husband was on board with my scheme. I didn''t want to presume anything and I kind of thought he would say I was crazy when I first mentioned that I had talked $$ with NM, but he just kept saying how beautiful it was all along. What a sweetie!

I took some more photos today. I will try to post them tomorrow if I get time.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 9:54:13 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
I took some more photos today. I will try to post them tomorrow if I get time.
Oh, please do! We can't get enough!
3.gif

I'm so glad you've got it safe at home with you. When I saw your post just now, I was worried that someone else might have bought it!
23.gif

widget

ETA: It might be fun to guess the country of origin...what happens to the color of the ruby in direct sunlight? It is my understanding that Burmas usually go pink in direct sunlight, while Thais don't. (I could be wrong of course...I'm not an expert...just a ruby nut!)

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting that you said that about someone else getting it. Apparently, a lady had it sent over from another store to look at it. She had been hemming and hawing over it and couldn''t decide. I must have seen it for the first time right when they first got it in the store a few weeks ago. I wonder if she will come back and be sorry that she didn''t get it.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Widget! My side stones are Burmese rubies and they do go a bright pinkish red in sunlight. I think it''s something to do with Burmese stones having fluorescence? (Waiting for the experts to dive in here..........)

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if we ever got any direct sunlight here in Chicago I might be able to tell you but we haven''t seen any in a few days now. I did hold it up to the light by the door and it seemed a little pink when I did that.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
The little ones are asleep so I had time to snap some new pics.

goodruby1.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2006 9:54:13 PM
Author: Allisonfaye

... he just kept saying how beautiful it was all along.

... understandably so! No surprise judging from what the pictures have to say
10.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
By the way, that was my husband''s hairy knuckle, not mine.

ruby945.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I like this one...

ruby2000.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my....It''s just lovely.....and HUGE!!!! Luckiy girl!!!

widget

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I packed it up and sent it to the appraiser. I am so excited to hear his thoughts. The suspense is killing me. The stupid USPS couldn''t guarantee when it would get there. I wanted to overnight it but they only insure it up to $5k so I couldn''t go that route. I had to send it priority so they said ''2 or 3 days'' but ''not guaranteed''. Grrr. Maybe this is why the PO can''t make any money.

I will just have to sit tight.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful new pictures! I can''t wait to hear what the appraiser says as well. And as for the USPS...don''t I know it. Quite frustrating. I usually send registered mail, but it takes freaking F O R E V E R to get anywhere!!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, and NM was saying they wanted an answer within two weeks but really by sat because they are having this special promotion where you get double charge points which get converted to store gift cards and that can make a huge difference.

I was worried also because the appraiser was telling me he had to go out of town on sat for 10 days and if he didn''t have my return shipping fees +insurance by then, it would have to wait 10 days to get sent back. I was like, no way. This can''t wait that long. He had his dates wrong it turned out. I didn''t want to send $$ for insurance on the return until I knew what it was worth.

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful ruby. I would not let that one go. If you do not get it you will regret it always, I know I have with a ring I saw about 5 yrs ago and have never seen anything like it since. Get it Girl
emsmile.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Just a quick note to give you and update. I am sooo mad. The stupid ring, which I mailed at the post office in MONDAY, still isn''t there.I would have overnighted it via Fed ex or something had I known it would take this long. I think the post office is the only place that offers insurance though and the post office''s overnight service would only insure a minimal amount.

So now I have to wait until Monday to see if it gets there.

On a fun note, I am going to the store tomorrow because they are having a special precious gems show and they have a bunch of rubies, emeralds, etc to see. The lady wanted me to come and see her other rubies, so I can see how nice this one compares. I can''t wait!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
AllisonF,

I would purchase the ring on Saturday and here are the reasons why:
1. As you mentioned before, its double InCircle points...and I bet that gorgeous sucker will give you some serious points.
2. Neiman''s return policy is good. By the time you get the ring back from appraisal, you can still return it easily--if you have not re-sized it--and it''s in the same condition.
3. You can set up a 6-month interest-free payment plan--that way the ouch is not so big.

I hope all this works out for you. Neiman''s has gorgeous jewelry. The sales staff is superb. I spend far too much $$$ there. I shop in the Tysons (Washington, DC/VA) store.

I just purchased some more Elizabeth Locke (that I got double points for) that I will post with my Yossi earrings.

Best of Luck!!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 10:29:20 PM
Author: crafftygrrl
AllisonF,

I would purchase the ring on Saturday and here are the reasons why:
1. As you mentioned before, its double InCircle points...and I bet that gorgeous sucker will give you some serious points.
2. Neiman''s return policy is good. By the time you get the ring back from appraisal, you can still return it easily--if you have not re-sized it--and it''s in the same condition.
3. You can set up a 6-month interest-free payment plan--that way the ouch is not so big.

I hope all this works out for you. Neiman''s has gorgeous jewelry. The sales staff is superb. I spend far too much $$$ there. I shop in the Tysons (Washington, DC/VA) store.

I just purchased some more Elizabeth Locke (that I got double points for) that I will post with my Yossi earrings.

Best of Luck!!!
Thanks, Crafty. This is exactly what I did on the salelady''s advice. She is good but extremely pushy. She reminds me of my old boss, who I like to refer to as Satan. Very pushy to get people to do things the way SHE wants them done. Irritating. But the saleslady showed us this gem collection that was to die for. The line was by Oscar Heyman. He specializes in colored gems. I tried on a gorgeous bracelet for $38k and saw a $330k necklace.
http://www.oscarheyman.com/

So the appraiser finally got the ring yesterday and he asked that I give him until Thursday to tell me anything. Hard to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results