shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring size 5 and smaller- can I see your halo rings?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies! Many of you have already read that I am going to begin my reset project soon. I am looking at a Tiffany Soleste double Halo style. I currently have a 2.5 OMB flanked by 2 bullets. I want more bling! I LOVE my diamond, but alas, I am suffering from DSS. I had thought about a single Halo, but I worry it will not pack a big enough "punch" for me... I thought I wanted a classic setting, and quickly realized I wish I had gone bigger. I have pretty small fingers, a size 4... I was hoping that those of you with finger size 5 and smaller wouldn't mind sharing your halo on your finger... could you also share your center stone size, so I can get a realistic idea of finger coverage. Sometimes seeing a look on a different finger other than your own provides a nice perspective. Thanks again!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you have a beautiful ring as is!!!!

2.38 Transitional Cut in a Victor Canera Halo Size 4.75;

jbeg_tranny_9.jpg

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you want a bigger stone. I'm assuming that you'll go custom on your setting. If that's the case, why not save the money for the setting, have your stone consigned and buy a bigger one? I'm just afraid that once you have your double halo, you'll still feel unsatisfied. But I could be wrong. Have you tried on rings with double halo that has a similar center stone size?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I have 4 1/4 - 4 1/2 finger size. My princess is 1.55 and with halo it's about 10.5mm x 10.5mm.

_20788.jpg

ylapis

Rough_Rock
I know I posted this in your previous thread, but I'll include that my finger size is a 4.5

engagement_1.jpgring111.jpg
20130620_d074814.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for posting- and your patience!! These rings are gorgeous! Ylapis- who was your jeweler? Beautiful!

ylapis

Rough_Rock
TruLuv858|1406584824|3722120 said:
Thank you so much for posting- and your patience!! These rings are gorgeous! Ylapis- who was your jeweler? Beautiful!

I actually got it done by a local jeweler in the SF Bay Area. I am a grad student, and unfortunately could not afford Leon, Steve or the other great benches, so I really lucked out by having such great quality right around the corner from me, and for a fraction of the price! They were so kind in dealing with my hundreds of e-mails discussing specifications

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
eh613c|1406580656|3722096 said:
Sounds like you want a bigger stone. I'm assuming that you'll go custom on your setting. If that's the case, why not save the money for the setting, have your stone consigned and buy a bigger one? I'm just afraid that once you have your double halo, you'll still feel unsatisfied. But I could be wrong. Have you tried on rings with double halo that has a similar center stone size?

If only it were that simple... Lol! I have a 2.5 now, which is pretty sizable already...I would want to move into the 3 ct plus range and with the specs I am looking for I would be in the $35k range for a new stone. even selling my stone, $12-15k on top of my original stone is a lot more than $5-7k...

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
laurenk|1406581671|3722102 said:
Hi, I have 4 1/4 - 4 1/2 finger size. My princess is 1.55 and with halo it's about 10.5mm x 10.5mm.

Laurenk is that a bezel around your halo? Beautiful!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Ylapis !! I need you!! I'm after melee size of your halo and shank and split!!!! I'm resetting!!!

ylapis

Rough_Rock
laurenk|1406586189|3722134 said:
Ylapis !! I need you!! I'm after melee size of your halo and shank and split!!!! I'm resetting!!!

Hi LaurenK! I will need to check with my jeweler to see if he remembers. I have 3 different sizes of melee (around the halo, on the split shanks, and on the band).

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi truluv
Not a bezel but my princess was set in a stock cushion halo hence you can see metal and that's why I'm resetting and to make the halo flush!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
ylapis|1406586451|3722138 said:
laurenk|1406586189|3722134 said:

Hi LaurenK! I will need to check with my jeweler to see if he remembers. I have 3 different sizes of melee (around the halo, on the split shanks, and on the band).
That would be wonderful if you could find out. Our centre dimensions and finger size is similar and I'm having mark at ERD make me a new setting with split shank and your is pretty much exactly how I want mine and I get a feel of finger coverage too!!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a few. Lol! Center stone 3 ct. size 4 3/4.

dsc_1059-thumb_0_1_.jpg

_17762_1-thumb_1_.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo|1406590298|3722159 said:
Personally, I think double halos are blah especially for e-rings.

Ok? I have to admit, that seemed rather unnecessarily deflating...

mjg

Rough_Rock
I just have to say that I think your ring is perfection as is. I know maybe that doesn't do anything for you but I really love it! If I were you I would do a double halo with some kind of gem to have the best of both worlds.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
TruLuv858|1406594270|3722210 said:
CharmyPoo|1406590298|3722159 said:
Personally, I think double halos are blah especially for e-rings.

Ok? I have to admit, that seemed rather unnecessarily deflating...

Sorry if you took it the wrong way but just giving my honest opinion. You seem like you are putting a lot of thought and time into this upgrade. I just want you to have all the information available so you aren't disappointed through your process. Don't want you to spend all this time and then discover that you don't like a double halo. If you dig into the threads here, you will find there are many others who feel the same with a double halo for an e-ring. It's just too much sometimes although it definitely adds finger coverage. There are also examples of people that went to a double halo and then switched back.

Now with all this said, maybe you do love double halos and it is the way to go for you. There are many beautiful double halos here as well with colored gemstones and diamonds.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
To brighten things up, here is stirfry's lovely Maytal Hannah double halo. The finger is a size 5 and the diamond is just over 2 ct.
hang_s_ring.jpg
dsc01459.jpg

This is Himni's 2 ct double halo by VC. Her finger size is bigger than yours.
dscn1535.jpg
dscn1673.jpg
_7323.jpg

I think this double halo is GORGEOUS but the center stone is smaller than yours.
028-460x345.jpg

This is Wintotty's beautiful ring. The center stone is around 0.8 ct and I believe her finger is 4.5.
IMG_3250.jpg

Here is Boom's awesome spinel. The stone is about 7.5 mm / 2 cts.
cushion-Boom%20spinel.jpg

One of my all time favorite double halo's. LLJMom's aqua on a size 4.5 finger.
aqua_big_head_on_0.jpg
big_on_box.jpg

ZahraLeyla's 4 ct OMC on a size 6.5 finger
img_4527.jpg

A double halo discussion .... may have applicable tips if you head down this journey.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-think-i-hate-my-double-halo-ring-upgrade.198676/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-think-i-hate-my-double-halo-ring-upgrade.198676/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-redesigning-my-double-halo-e-ring.173252/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-redesigning-my-double-halo-e-ring.173252/[/URL]

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
And for perspective, my finger is a 2.75 (although it looks really fat here) ... but the stone is 7.5mm and the bezel/halo around it is 2.8 mm. This is the absolute max my finger can take without it looking really crazy.
jh-tranny03.jpg

And then here is my Maytal Hannah halo. The diamond is around 7.5 mm.
charmypoo-wb2.jpg

More examples of too big settings. This is my OEC in the original setting - setting is freakin gorgeous but looked really stupid on me.
charmypoo-handshota.jpg

And then the same diamond reset into a solitaire with a fancy shank. The center stone is 2.5 ct.
cwsk-outdoorpic.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried on a Tiffany Soleste? If not go and try one on and try on as many double halos as you can. I also loved them in theory, I went into Tiffany's and tried on a few and I have to say they just didn't do it for me at all, so I get what everyone is saying about them, I think you either love them and can wear them or you can't, in my case they looked much better in pics than they actually did on me... :D

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, everyone.

Charmypoo- I get what you are saying... thanks for the eye candy. You are absolutely right, I am investing a lot of time and asking a lot of questions as this is a big deal for me. I am only getting one reset - that's it, and don't have many other pieces of jewelry besides this. I will be wearing it everyday and it signifies the most special relationship I share with someone.

I will be sure to post my progress moving forward once I begin working with Maytal. For now I think i have all I need. Appreciate it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ZahraLeyla's 4 ct OMC
should be called an OMG instead!

what a great thread - to be visited again and again =)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1406635391|3722445 said:
ZahraLeyla's 4 ct OMC
should be called an OMG instead!

what a great thread - to be visited again and again =)

+1 It's a work of art! :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my size 4.5. It's a 2.52 ct center stone with side specialty bullets.

_20822.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
ylapis|1406584547|3722118 said:
I know I posted this in your previous thread, but I'll include that my finger size is a 4.5

engagement_1.jpgring111.jpg
20130620_d074814.jpg
Hello Ylapis (and sorry for posting o your thread truluv!) I wish there was a private message option on pricescope.

Did you have any luck finding out from your jeweller all of your ring specs (melee sizes?)

I wondered if perhaps it would be stated on your valuation somewhere? Sorry to be a pest - I'm just waiting to hear from you before I give Mark the green light!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
laurenk- No problem!! I hope that you are able to get the right size melee for your project!!!

ylapis

Rough_Rock
Hi Laurenk!

I e-mailed him yesterday, so hopefully he touches base soon! I am moving across the country on Thursday (California to Virginia--its quite a haul), but I promise as soon as I hear something, I will get back onto this thread and shoot you a message!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results