shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset My 2.28ct into WF''s Tiffany Repro

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, it looks great- so much bigger and more classic for sure! Can''t wait to see hand shots!

And I vote for the preemptive strike with your hubby as well!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d just tell hubby that you want to set an aquamarine or something in the other setting so you decided to just get a simple setting for the diamond. That way you have two rings with very little expense in comparison to the first setting and the diamond. (But as far as not telling him goes, I go run errands all the time without giving my husband an itinerary! I''d just tell him you''re running errands and will be back in a couple of hours. But I really vote for telling him in advance.)

I love your choice! I think WF did a great job refining that setting!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Just tell him, i'm sure he's used to your jewelry compulsiveness..lol....maybe he won't notice because of your large collection
9.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I think I will be able to use my (future) job as a decent excuse for wanting a simpler setting. (I had a previous thread about what is appropriate jewelry in a legal setting.) I don''t necessarily intend to wear this ring in court, but it is more likely I would wear THIS than the setting it was in before.

Actually, I have so many rings, both diamond and ones that appear to be, hubby cannot keep track of what I have. Some of the non-diamond ones I sell and trade often too, so I''m always wearing something different. I''m not sure he would really notice anything. (And to be fair, he is into ham radios, and has so much stuff and it all the looks the same to me. So I''m in the same boat and couldn''t tell you if he had a new one on his desk.)

I''m still waiting for him to get home. I can''t just spring this on him. Ya know, I got to work into it. He better hurry up and get here!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Mary Alaina the new setting for your big beautiful diamond is fantastic! I love the classic simplicity of it and although your old setting is lovely the solitaire really does a better job of showcasing your stone. I think your job gives you the perfect excuse for the new setting even if you never end up wearing the ring to court.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love your new setting. Maybe you can put a sapphire in your old setting...I think it would like great! I would definitely tell DH in advance. Old ring wasn''t showing off your beautiful diamond and you have other plans for that stunning setting...Now off your go and many congrats on your new ring
30.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I love the new setting as well, and hope the conversation went well!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Going to leave and pick it up in a few minutes. Told hubby. He was kind of shocked at first, but eventually said it is my diamond and I could set it however I wanted, but just not sell it. I happily agreed!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love how all you see if your gorgeous stone in the new setting!
30.gif

nala2000

Rough_Rock
I can''t wait to see it!!!!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful new setting! I think you made a great choice, both on the ring and telling your hubby!

Can''t wait for the hand pics!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s much better!!! It looks so classic and beautiful now and I can see the center stone better! Just lovely, what a great reset.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you''re hubby was ok with it. Pics please!!!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah! I got it and LOVE it. I''m still editing some of the pix, but thought I''d get started posting some of them.

matiff1.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
And now the parade of bands with it. Which one do you think looks best?
First up, the Tiffany Lucida platinum band.

matiff9.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
#2 of Lucida band

matiff10.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
With the Tiffany Legacy platinum .60 ct. band:

matiff11.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Legacy #2

matiff12.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
With 1 ct. channel set band:

matiff13.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
#2 with channel set band:

matiff14.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
With 1.5 ct. shared prong band:

matiff15.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
#2 with shared prong band:

matiff16.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results