shape
carat
color
clarity

Recut EC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an uncerted 0.72 ct EC H colour, SI1 which I purchased 11 years ago before I knew anything about cut and PS. I know that ECs do not have the same sparkle and brilliance compared to a RB but my EC only looks good in sunlight and low halogen light. It has large flashes of rainbow light when outdoors or at home but looks plain in my office flourescent light. My RB on the other hand sparkles so much in my office that I can hardly see the H&A which leads me to believe that my EC doesn''t have a good cut (although my local jeweller assured me that the cut is quite good).

Since this is my engagement ring, I am loathe to "get rid" of it. Should I consider recutting it (to a better/ideal cut) to get better light return? Is it worth it? Is there a risk of damage since it is an SI1? And will I lose a lot of carat weight? Or should I just keep it as a sentimental piece and call it a lesson learned?

Thanks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum. I'll try to move this to Rocky Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results