shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Heart and Pear owners..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Do you wear the pointy part of the diamond facing towards you or away from you. If you know what I mean. My mum says I should wear my heart ring pointy part facing down so when I look at my ring, my heart doesn''t look upside down.
5.gif

Ps, I don''t know if I posted in the right thread. Admin, please move my thread if its in the wrong section.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Threeps,

I always wear my pear with the point facing away from me, that seems to be the usual way to do it, I would wear a heart the same way, but do it the way you prefer.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my pear rings with the points away from me. The pears in my pendants and earrings are set with the points at the top.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
They are commonly worn point down towards the finger tip, but you should wear it the way that looks best to you. There isn''t a "rule"
2.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my pear with the point down towards my fingertips.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I may have the wong end of the stick here...but I would wear:

A pear pointing towards fingertips
A heart point away from fingertips

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 11:31:15 AM
Author: Steel

Ditto! If I were wearing them, I''d want the pear to look like a teardrop and the heart to look like a heart from my perspective.

needmorediamonds

Rough_Rock
I wear the pear with the point toward my fingertips - if I wear it with the point toward my knuckles, A. it looks upside down, and B. the point doesn''t fit smoothly over my wedding band.
The old wives'' tale is, if you''re married, you wear the point toward your knuckles to show your heart is taken. If you''re not married, the point goes toward your fingertips to show you''re still open to romance. But if you''re still open to romance, what are you doing wearing an big enagement ring on your left-hand?
2.gif

AggieTexan

Shiny_Rock
When my pear was in a ring, I wore it with the point towards my fingertips. The pear is now set in a pendant, and the point faces up.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I like to wear my little green pear with the point towards my wrist. Only today, I have it stacked with my channel set band, and it just fits better with the point facing my finger tips. I''d wear a heart with the point towards my wrist, so that it would look like a heart to me. Otherwise, I would think it was upside down all the time...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 2:58:09 PM
Author: AggieTexan
When my pear was in a ring, I wore it with the point towards my fingertips. The pear is now set in a pendant, and the point faces up.

Ditto. Same here

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2008 1:23:40 PM
Author: krispi

Ditto! If I were wearing them, I''d want the pear to look like a teardrop and the heart to look like a heart from my perspective.
x3!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 2:47:48 PM
Author: needmorediamonds
I wear the pear with the point toward my fingertips - if I wear it with the point toward my knuckles, A. it looks upside down, and B. the point doesn't fit smoothly over my wedding band.
The old wives' tale is, if you're married, you wear the point toward your knuckles to show your heart is taken. If you're not married, the point goes toward your fingertips to show you're still open to romance. But if you're still open to romance, what are you doing wearing an big enagement ring on your left-hand?
2.gif

I started wearing my heart pointy side up towards fingertips because I tot it was the right way to wear it.. Actually, I saw pictures of Pamela Anderson and Cheryl Cole wearing that way so I tot that is usual way.. Than I saw pictures of Jennifer Love Hewitt wearing it pointy side toward her and my mum told me to wear it pointy side down so I got kinda confused..

Thank you for telling me that needmorediamond.. I haven't heard that old wives's tale before. Right now I am wearing my pointy part facing down, just because I am a romantic.
31.gif
31.gif
My heart is a rhr, but I am also wearing an ering on left hand so people know not only am I married.. My heart is taken as well..
5.gif

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 7:41:43 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 6/26/2008 1:23:40 PM
Author: krispi

x3!

I would probaby wear a pear pointy side towards the fingertips too if I have one..
5.gif

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I was told that if you want to look at the beauty of the stone, have it point towards you for you to enjoy. If you wear the stone with the point away from you, it is for others to enjoy. I kind of like that idea!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
<---------- see avatar. Point towards fingertips.

Like the others said, with a heart, I''d imagine either way would work, but I''d prefer point down.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A heart should be worn pointing towards your own heart. That is, pointy side down, not up.
2.gif

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
When I first got engaged in 1986 I had a pear and the conventional wisdom was to wear the point away from you. For others to enjoy basically. I say wear it how you like it.
emsmile.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my pear with the point towards my fingertips. I have tried it on the other way but it does not look right "to me". Wear it how you like!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 12:19:15 AM
Author: coatimundi
Hi Threepwood, just wanted to tell you that your ring is beautiful!

Awww.. Thank you coatimundi, you are soo sweet!
4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results