shape
carat
color
clarity

Quest grows my ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Odd but true, Pete at Quest said they''d being "growing" my ring and true to his word he sent pictures to prove it. I have no idea about the technical stuff but he said that since the ring had to be perfect (a perfect copy of one I already have) that they''d be using some new fancy silicone process where it''s grown. He said it''s different than milling wax into shape. It sounds cool but naturally I''m all about the end product which should be here in a month.

This is a copy of a copy of a 1950''s eternity band that my local jeweler lost of mine.

First the CAD which was modified slightly to have a solid interior band.

Quest Ring.jpg

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
This is the "grown" silicone mock up of the ring.

PE1-1.jpg

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
This is the replacement ring that my local jeweler finally came up with. I wanted to have another made so that I could retire the other "old" ring I wear since it became obvious that the new ring was NEW and the old ring was OLD. Now I''ll have 2 new modern 1950''s style eternity rings flanking my old 1920''s eternity e-ring.

Replacement ring.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow, gorgeous! He can grow me anything he wants lol. That''s really beautiful.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful, and so cool! Make sure to come back and post pictures of all 3 together...
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful ring. Please show us all of them together. I bet it will look beautiful on you.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely, looks like it will be wonderful!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love seeing the process of the rings being made.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
That''s so interesting. I wonder how they do that?!?! Either way, your new rings are yummy
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results