shape
carat
color
clarity

Put a Fork in Me -- I''m Done!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

GVS2360001_2.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

GVS2360003.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Last one. This reminds me of Butterfly's avatar a bit. I LOVE the silvery arrows! I could never get my last stone to do that, in photos or real life. I just love it when the arrows show up as something other than black!

ETA The stone looks a bit dusty, huh? Oh well!

GVS2360001_3.JPG

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Your new stone is beautiful! I''m so happy that you were able to find a stone that you *LOVE* and you were able to find a jeweler who was willing to take your other stones in PLUS offer you lifetime trade-up. Awesome!

BTW, with my first pregnancy, I never got swollen. I was able to wear my rings up until the day of delivery. It wasn''t until they pumped all that IV fluid into me that I swelled up like a balloon!
14.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! I am so happy for you!
I wish I could do the same thing, find a 2.30ish G VS H&A diamond. I think that is the perfect size!
I am curious about the person where you got it from, she accepted a trade for both your I and your EC and did you have to pay extra for the diamond or was it considered even?
I am just wondering because I was in a predicament a few weeks ago. I found a 2.32 G SI1 that I was thinking about trading for and unfortunately, even though my diamond was worth more now than what I paid for it, I could only trade it in for the price I paid and the difference for the 2.32 was over $5K. PLus, they were firm with the price on the 2.32.

So, I asked Mara what she thought and she said that for the price difference and the small jump in carat weight (2.03 to 2.32), it just wasn''t worth it.
In the long run it didn''t make a difference because before I even got a chance to see pictures of it or the AGS report, it was a brand new stone, it was already sold!
2.gif

Oh well, by the way, I love the pictures!!!!
30.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Cutey! That''s good to know. Now that I have it, I''d hate not to be able to wear it because of pregnant sausage fingers. So far, I''m okay, even in the heat, but we''ll see what happens.

Date: 7/9/2006 9:12:54 PM
Author: ivanadiamond
Demelza, that is without a doubt the most fabulous diamond I have ever seen, honestly you have my dream stone!!!! Please post more pictures!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks, Ivana! I''m curious to know what your jeweler says about working with you on the price of that stone. I still can''t believe the price increase. Keep us posted on whether he budges or whether you''re able to work something out with another jeweler.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Demelza, that is one beautiful stone! I love the sharpness of the facets, and the sparkles going every which way! More pictures more pictures more pictures, please?

genette

Shiny_Rock
WOW THAT IS SUCH A PRETTY ROCK. I''M GLAD THINGS WORKED OUT FOR YOU WITH YOUR STONES AND YOU HAVE WHAT YOU WANT. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I DON''T KNOW WHY IM TYPING IN CAPS BUT WHO CARES ANYWAYS YOUR DIAMOND IS AWESOME.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 10:08:35 PM
Author: butterfly 17
WOW!!! I am so happy for you!

I wish I could do the same thing, find a 2.30ish G VS H&A diamond. I think that is the perfect size!

I am curious about the person where you got it from, she accepted a trade for both your I and your EC and did you have to pay extra for the diamond or was it considered even?

I am just wondering because I was in a predicament a few weeks ago. I found a 2.32 G SI1 that I was thinking about trading for and unfortunately, even though my diamond was worth more now than what I paid for it, I could only trade it in for the price I paid and the difference for the 2.32 was over $5K. PLus, they were firm with the price on the 2.32.

So, I asked Mara what she thought and she said that for the price difference and the small jump in carat weight (2.03 to 2.32), it just wasn't worth it.

In the long run it didn't make a difference because before I even got a chance to see pictures of it or the AGS report, it was a brand new stone, it was already sold!
2.gif

Oh well, by the way, I love the pictures!!!!
30.gif

I know! That 2.32 ct went fast, eh? I was considering it too and had it on hold for a day, but Brian said that Leon was able to see inclusions in it if he looked really hard. I knew that would bug me, so I passed. They don't have anything else in that size range now. Not many vendors do.

I wonder if you'd see a huge difference between a 2 and a 2.3?? I'm sure it would be noticeable, but how noticeable, I don't know.

I wish my trade was considered even. I definitely paid extra, in part because the stone is "worth" more than what I paid for both stones combined. But it's also almost impossible to get what you paid for when trading in or consigning with a jeweler you didn't originally purchase from. I'd say stick with your trade up policy at WF -- I can't imagine you wouldn't still come out ahead, even if they don't credit you the increase in value.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demelza

WOW!!! that is a classic beauty
30.gif
10.gif
congrats on finding your dream stone
36.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Dem! Doesn''t it feel good to not be on the hunt anymore? I can''t wait until I''m done, but I''m still working on my setting.
emembarrassed.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, you pretty much have my dream RB right there! Congrats! It''s STUNNING!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 10:21:58 PM
Author: Demelza

I know! That 2.32 ct went fast, eh? I was considering it too and had it on hold for a day, but Brian said that Leon was able to see inclusions in it if he looked really hard. I knew that would bug me, so I passed. They don''t have anything else in that size range now. Not many vendors do.

I wonder if you''d see a huge difference between a 2 and a 2.3?? I''m sure it would be noticeable, but how noticeable, I don''t know.

I wish my trade was considered even. I definitely paid extra, in part because the stone is ''worth'' more than what I paid for both stones combined. But it''s also almost impossible to get what you paid for when trading in or consigning with a jeweler you didn''t originally purchase from. I''d say stick with your trade up policy at WF -- I can''t imagine you wouldn''t still come out ahead, even if they don''t credit you the increase in value.

Well, now that I know it wasn''t eye clean, I am happy that I didn''t get it!!! Very happy in fact!

Congrats again, I love your pictures, what camera do you have? They are so clear!! Saving some to my hard drive!!!!
36.gif
30.gif
2.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Wow you''ve been busy
2.gif

Congrats on finding the perfect stone AND be able to solve the dilemma of the EC trade-in/consignment thingy.

I bet your little girl''s very, very happy too
9.gif

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
These are, hands down, THE prettiest diamond pics I have ever seen.

That is all.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 10:44:28 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Date: 7/9/2006 10:21:58 PM

I know! That 2.32 ct went fast, eh? I was considering it too and had it on hold for a day, but Brian said that Leon was able to see inclusions in it if he looked really hard. I knew that would bug me, so I passed. They don''t have anything else in that size range now. Not many vendors do.

I wonder if you''d see a huge difference between a 2 and a 2.3?? I''m sure it would be noticeable, but how noticeable, I don''t know.

I wish my trade was considered even. I definitely paid extra, in part because the stone is ''worth'' more than what I paid for both stones combined. But it''s also almost impossible to get what you paid for when trading in or consigning with a jeweler you didn''t originally purchase from. I''d say stick with your trade up policy at WF -- I can''t imagine you wouldn''t still come out ahead, even if they don''t credit you the increase in value.

Well, now that I know it wasn''t eye clean, I am happy that I didn''t get it!!! Very happy in fact!

Congrats again, I love your pictures, what camera do you have? They are so clear!! Saving some to my hard drive!!!!
36.gif
30.gif
2.gif

Thanks! I have a Canon Powershot A520. It''s quite inexpensive and easy to use. What do you have? Your pics are beautiful too! I love your avatar pic!!!

It sounds like the 2.32 might have been eyeclean to some people and not to others. If you''re picky and have good eyesight, it probably wasn''t the right stone for you.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 11:03:33 PM
Author: lizzyd

That is all.

Thanks Lizzy!! That's a very nice compliment!

I have a couple of handshots to add.

ETA Ooop, just hit submit before attaching pics.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
One...

GVSHAND0001.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Two...

GVSHAND0002.JPG

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s sooo beautiful!!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the hand shots dem...beautiful, beautiful solitaire..

p.s. I was able to wear my rings the enitre time I was pregnant, no problems, no swelling..hopefully the same will be true for you
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dem, it''s just gorgeous! Love that G. I''m so glad it worked out so well for you!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! That is a beautiful ring.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dem you have done the next to impossible....trading in your original incredible diamond and finding something THIS SPECTACULAR!!!! Congratulations and I am so glad you are happy - it''s gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is lovely! You wrapped it all up so well, and now you have an awesome stone! Enjoy it and look at it a lot!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 11:03:33 PM
Author: lizzyd
Oh yes, I agree! Demelza, your pictures are so awesome!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I''m so happy you went for it and got exactly what you always wanted. It is a BLAZING, BEAUTIFUL stone! Enjoy it and wear it in good health! And congrats on having precious baby on the way!
36.gif

Couture

Rough_Rock
Oh my, your new stone looks so amazing!! It looks really great (and perfectly big) on your finger!

I have begun my search for a diamond and I am wondering if you can help me out a little. I don''t want to steal your thread at all, so if you just reply once that would be so helpful!!
I keep reading that people get "eye clean" SI stones like yours, and that would be great for me, but how do you find out that it is eye clean without having it shipped to you?
And what exactly is eye clean? I thought it meant that you cannot see the inclusions with the naked eye, correct? (If so, yay for eye clean!!)
I am looking for similar color around 2 ct, RB. Any tips or suggestions?

Thank you so much and again, your stone looks awesome, congrats on finding it!!
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 10:02:37 PM
... I LOVE the silvery arrows! I could never get my last stone to do that, in photos or real life. I just love it when the arrows show up as something other than black!

Dem,

Really? You never saw silver arrows in your old stone?
Hmmmm... maybe we all need to further "investigate" this phenomenon!!!!

Lynn

PS ETA: Just realized... we're twins YET AGAIN!
30.gif
YAY! (Well, except for the whole G/VS thing...
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 3:22:35 AM
Author: Couture
Oh my, your new stone looks so amazing!! It looks really great (and perfectly big) on your finger!

I have begun my search for a diamond and I am wondering if you can help me out a little. I don''t want to steal your thread at all, so if you just reply once that would be so helpful!!
I keep reading that people get ''eye clean'' SI stones like yours, and that would be great for me, but how do you find out that it is eye clean without having it shipped to you?
And what exactly is eye clean? I thought it meant that you cannot see the inclusions with the naked eye, correct? (If so, yay for eye clean!!)
I am looking for similar color around 2 ct, RB. Any tips or suggestions?

Thank you so much and again, your stone looks awesome, congrats on finding it!!
1.gif
Kat,
I''m not Dem
2.gif
... but I can tell you that her stone is not an SI stone, it''s a VS. But yes, there are totally eye-clean SI stones out there (I know because I have one, in a 2.36 size, too) - and they can represent a very good value ($$$) in diamond-buying. If you do a "search" on "eye-clean" you will find hours and hours of reading enjoyment!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results