shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal story & Pics of my new ERING!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for LIW''s who already saw this post in the Are we there yet forum........

Well, I am an engaged woman! He proposed on Saturday! I still can''t believe it. It hasn''t really sunk in fully yet. Well, here is the story...

Last week, my finace (!) told me that he had to go down to his parent''s house on the bay to fix something for them on Saturday. This is not unsual as there is kind of an agreement that we can have access to the house as long as Luke (my fiance) helps out with the house maintenance. He played it so cool, telling me that it would be nice if I came with him, but that I didn''t have to...you know, whatever I decided. At first, I was actually kind of thinking that I woudln''t go because I had so much school work (grad school ) but then I figured that I needed a weekend by the water, so I decided to go and bring my work with me. I told him on Friday night that I''d go down with him. He picked me up and we drove down together on Saturday afternoon. The house is about an hour from where I live and it was a beautiful drive because it just happened to be a gorgeous day! We got there around noon and had been there about a half hour when he told me to come outside and see what his brother did to this tree in the backyard. I walked out onto the deck and there was a face on a tree that was facing the house. I was like "what''s that?" and Luke said that his brother bought it at some store. It comes with eyes, a nose and a mouth and you stick it into the side of a tree. So I was just like "oh...that''s weird." And then Luke was like "well, come down here and look at this other tree". So I walked down off the deck and said"Oh, there''s more of them?" I followed him to another tree and walked around to the other side of it and carved into was L.C. + H.K. (our initials of course) A few months ago, we had taken a walk through the woods and saw people''s initals carved into a tree and I had mentioned that I thought it was a really cute thing to do. So I gave him a kiss and told him how sweet that was, and asked him when he did it, etc. He let me take that in for while..meanwhile, I am just thinking that this is something sweet that he did for Valentine''s Day. I forgot to mention that he had been doing sweet little things for about two weeks leading up to Saturday, which I figured were all for Valentine''s Day, so I thought nothing of this. Then, after awhile, he says "Come look at this other tree" He grabs my hand and walks me over to another tree and as I walked around to the other side of it, i see that is says, carved into it "Will you marry me?" I looked at him in shock and then he gets down on one knee. I immediately started bawling. He gave a beautiful little speech about how I was his soulmate and there was no noe he''s rather spend his life with...and then he says"Will you marry me?" I just leaned down and started kssing him and then stopped just long enough to say "Of course!" Then he stood up and reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring box! I gasped and he says that I went "Oh my god!" (I don''t even remember) I had completely forgotten that there was even a ring involved in this whole process (I know...shocking, right?! I never thought that I would have forgotten about the ring!) After he gave me the ring (YOWSA!) we spent about an hour outside taking pictures and laying in the hammock together. Then we went on a beautiful bike ride along the water....and then came the phone calls! My parents already knew because he had gone to ask for their blessing, and when I called, they said they had been sitting there with literally four phones surrounding them waiting for the call! Obviously, there were a gazillion people to call, and then we were able to continue on with our romantic weekend. It was all SO perfect.....

And now (drum role please) for the ring!
We had decided a while ago on the Ritani 4-prong endless love setting. You might remember a thread that I posted a few months ago called "Should i go with the Ritani?" where I expressed a bit of reservation about how thin the band was on that particular setting. I absolutely loved the setting, but the band was just a tad too thin for me. I had just decided that I''d deal with it and we had settled on the Ritani. Well, I was shocked to discover when Luke opened the ring box that he had had the ring custom made to meet my exact preferences! It is beyond perfect! The band is a bit thicker than the Ritani and there are a few other minor changes.
Specs on the diamond (that I know about thus far):
1.73 ctw (about 2.0 totalctw)
H
SI2
Ideal Cut
Upon extremely close investigation, I have found two miniscule inclusions, but I couldn''t care less. I am absolutely obssessed with the diamond and the setting! Luke did such an amazing job! Ok, here come the pics ( I know that everyone says it, but it''s so true...the pictures don''t even BEGIN to do justice to how brilliant and white it is!)

blingee4.jpg

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
getting creative
emwink.gif

irisbling2.jpg

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful!!! Just the type of setting and stone size I love
30.gif

Congratulations on a special proposal and a awesome ring!!!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is spectacular...man it looks huge...what size is your finger...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That is one of the sweetest proposal stories I''ve heard. I love it!

The ring is stunning!
36.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
psuheather, absolutely stunning! and what a wonderful proposal! looks perfect on your dainty finger...congrats!
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful stuff! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one of the most amazing proposal stories I''ve ever heard!! How sweet and romantic! Your ring is just gorgeous and looks beautiful on your delicate hand. Best wishes to you both, and enjoy this special time in your lives!!
35.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
It''s HUGE!!!!!!!! And of course, gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif
And that setting, oh it''s to die for!!

What a wonderful proposal too!!
36.gif
30.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
that is such a romantic story!!!! and a beautiful ring! CONGRATS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gee5088

Rough_Rock
I love your proposal story and what a FANTABULICIOUS ring!
30.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!! What a sweet guy!
emlove.gif
And what a ring!
30.gif
That stone is Fabu!!!
30.gif
30.gif
And way to go with a clean SI2!!!!!
3.gif
It''s awesome!
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s such a sweet proposal- so thought out and sentimental.

The ring is lovely- and looks huge.

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely perfect in every sense. What an amazing story.

I am sure you are floating, and will be for the forseeable future. And so you should!

Use your left hand even when you could use your right......that ring needs some flashing!! It is stunning!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
36.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful compliments! I am still absolutely on cloud nine! I just got back from dinner with my fiance''s parents and they are so excited. They were laughing at me though because I can''t stop staring at my ring!!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s very beautiful.......and most stare worthy!!!
3.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! I love it! And it looks perfect on your hand... congrats!
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! what a story ,thats a neat ring,so beautiful,
30.gif
congrats .
36.gif
36.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
Oh my god, that is just beautiful. I too love the Ritani and I didn''t think you could improve upon it, but the slightly thicker band looks FABULOUS!! Congratulations on your engagement!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, how sweet. The ring is so pretty! Congratulations!

1.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
CONGRATULATIONS HEATHER!!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Your ring is lovely... i love the thicker band! Great proposal!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely proposal- I said "awwww" when I read it. Sounds like you got a keeper.

Now on to the ring.... It is out of this world gorgeous. Beautiful setting, and so white and sparkley!!

30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results