shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess with trillions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laralooblue

Shiny_Rock
The first time I saw trillions, they were flanking a 2.5 carat oval stone, and I fell in love with the look. Being a newly engaged gal, I was more drawn to the look of the "star" center stone look as well. But like headlight depticted, now that I''m married 11 years, my taste has shifted to a different look, which is why I traded up for my current ring - a round three stone with the diamonds relatively close in size and height. I think the three stone banded look is beautiful, whatever the shape you choose.
1.gif

Midnight00

Rough_Rock
the bullets look pretty... i don''t know if i have seen them before... thanks!!!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
yes, like those bullets too! and the ones that looked like a shield!
very pretty, thanks for showing us!

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
My aunt has a princess cut with trillions, and it is beautiful.

The center princess is about 3-4 carats. The trillions are probably 1-1.5 carats each, and the length of the side of the trillion that sits against the center stone is equal to the length of the side of the princess that it sits against, like this.

No one would ever think that this is a marquise. Also, as singer said, trillions aren''t for everyone. Pave and halos aren''t for everyone either. Shoot, diamonds aren''t for everyone. I don''t see why trillions are any different, and I think they look BEAUTIFUL as supporting side stones. With the trillions, it looks like a huge flash of white diamonds, while with a solitaire, it looks like a flash of a square or a round (which is beautiful in its own right).

21897a.jpg

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
More pics of this ring, which is a 2.18 carat center stone and .97 carat trillions.

21897b.jpg

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
This ring is so yummy.

21897c.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Rascal, your ring is SO stunning -- I''m in love!
The bullets on your ring are what my perception of bullets are; some of the other ones depicted here in are what I thought were "shields".

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2006 5:24:50 PM
Author: singer
Caribou,
You''re right, I shouldn''t have used her ring as an example. I am still learning, and I will remember this next time I want to share my thoughts.
7.gif
No worries.
28.gif

I got that you weren''t trying to attacking Headlight''s ring.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 10:44:52 AM
Author: Caribou

Date: 2/21/2006 5:24:50 PM
Author: singer
Caribou,
You''re right, I shouldn''t have used her ring as an example. I am still learning, and I will remember this next time I want to share my thoughts.
7.gif
No worries.
28.gif

I got that you weren''t trying to attacking Headlight''s ring.
Me too. I totally knew what your intentions were. No worries.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 9:56:34 AM
Author: headlight
Rascal, your ring is SO stunning -- I''m in love!
The bullets on your ring are what my perception of bullets are; some of the other ones depicted here in are what I thought were ''shields''.
Thanks headlight
1.gif

Sunni79

Shiny_Rock
I really wanted a princess with trillions. I think it looks stunning together! I almost got the ring too-but the seller turned out to be a little shady...I think you would love the look.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for trillions!! But I guess you can see that I''m a little biased!! My rubies are as sparkly as rubies can get as they are concave cut by Richard Homer. If you look really carefully at my handshots posted elsewhere you can see the striations. The pic in my avatar is the pic I used for inspiration. My ring is actually an RB with ruby trillions.

I think that trillions can be cut in different ways so you may find that this would give you a different look. Trielles are a branded trillion / trilliant and some are very angular and others are more rounded. I think you can get cut cornered ones too which would complement a radiant more than a princess?

Can''t wait to see the results.......

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I saw my first real-life princess with trillions this weekend, and I must say it was stunning! I love how the trillions are angled downwards a little bit, which makes the overall shape of the ring so elegant, and keeps it from looking at all like "one stone". That said, I also love a princess with baguettes!
9.gif
So just look around and get whatever you like best in the end!
5.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 2:56:06 PM
Author: albicocca
I saw my first real-life princess with trillions this weekend, and I must say it was stunning! I love how the trillions are angled downwards a little bit, which makes the overall shape of the ring so elegant, and keeps it from looking at all like ''one stone''. That said, I also love a princess with baguettes!
9.gif
So just look around and get whatever you like best in the end!
5.gif
I saw a princess with trillions too this weekend!
1.gif
And it was very pretty IMO
2.gif
30.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, looks like someone already posted the one I originally tried posting... Here's a few others to look at:

A111Plrg.jpg

Not sure I like the gap between the stones in this one though:
kaydone.jpeg

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s one with three princesses and two trillions:

wedding_band_3prin_2tril.jpg

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s an example of a princess with bullets:
pro_19_large_200_Princess_cut_plat_engag.gif

Radiant with Bullets:
mvc180cr1.JPG

Another Princess with bullets:

35.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 3:37:07 PM
Author: aphisiglovessae
And here''s one with three princesses and two trillions:
OMG -- I love this ring!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
headlight I found it I found it!!!! I looked first in Rocky Talk for this thread but now I found it here. You are right these rings are out of control they look terrific. The one I was looking at is like the one roxy had posted were the stones all touch each other. Its great!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I am drooooling all over the place!!!! Personally, I love trillions with rounds, princesses, radiants, and ovals YUM! Some other looks I love are princesses with traps and bullets, MORE YUMS! and I just LOVE The three princess with the trillions on the side!!!!
3.gif
3.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I''m with you, Ladyluvsluxury, that one with the three princesses and the two trills is fabulous! I''ve never seen that before.

Kittycatsmac: The one posted by Roxy is beautiful, so it really boils down to whether you want all princess cuts with the matching princess band, or if you want it with the trills and the plain band that "fits" it. It is a touch decision, for sure!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
headlight, it''s going to come down to the one that looks best on the hand. So which ever of the two that makes my eyes smile.
face23.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Headlight - I still think your ring is one of the prettiest I''ve ever seen! I love the way the trillions are set even with your stone. My guess is this is due in part to you specifying that you wanted it this way and the jeweler having the ability to set it so it flows. When I was mounting shopping, I tried on mountings with trillions and with pear sides. Somehow they just didn''t look as good on my hand as the round sides did. One of these days I am going to try on some new mountings - I just love doing that - just to see if my taste has changed. Problem with that is that you can end up with a whole drawer full of mountings that are never used again!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 9:33:12 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Headlight - I still think your ring is one of the prettiest I''ve ever seen! I love the way the trillions are set even with your stone. My guess is this is due in part to you specifying that you wanted it this way and the jeweler having the ability to set it so it flows. When I was mounting shopping, I tried on mountings with trillions and with pear sides. Somehow they just didn''t look as good on my hand as the round sides did. One of these days I am going to try on some new mountings - I just love doing that - just to see if my taste has changed. Problem with that is that you can end up with a whole drawer full of mountings that are never used again!
Thank you very much!
Oh, I so know about the "discarded" mountings that have gone to where all "bad" mountings go -- the back of the jewelry drawer! We here on PS should start a used mountings recycling program!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2006 9:36:01 PM
Author: headlight

Date: 2/27/2006 9:33:12 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Thank you very much!
Oh, I so know about the ''discarded'' mountings that have gone to where all ''bad'' mountings go -- the back of the jewelry drawer! We here on PS should start a used mountings recycling program!!!
That''s an excellent idea - we''d be more inclined to buy again if we had a clearinghouse for those we discarded!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results