shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut & Solitares w/diamond bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a newbie and as stated in my other thread (Rocky Talk) am trying to find a new ring fairly quickly. Can people show me their princess cuts (or any squares other than Ascher). Also can people with plain solitaires (especially princess) that have diamond wedding bands show me a picture as well? I''m having heartache about a plain solitaire. I don''t want a plain band - but I can''t "see" how it would look with a diamond band. Thanks!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Does this mean no one on the board has a princess engagement ring? Or a solitaire of any shape with a diamond wedding band?
7.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 11:57:34 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
Does this mean no one on the board has a princess engagement ring? Or a solitaire of any shape with a diamond wedding band?
7.gif
No, it just means that 3.5 hours is not very long to wait for such things
1.gif

Give it a little while. People will post some pics for you. I can't help because my rings are not what you're looking for!

For now, you could try doing a search for "princess solitaire," in the advanced search you can even narrow it down to search only within the show me the ring forum.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Hi hoofbeats! Unfortunately, I don''t have a diamond band (yet) to show you, but I do have a picture of my e-ring and plain band. I''m planning to wearing plain band on the bottom, e-ring in the middle and top it off with a thin diamond band. Hope this helps!

jringwband1.JPG

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the e-ring w/diamond eternity band thread. There are more rounds than anything else, but at least it will give you an idea of what a solitaire looks like with a diamond band.

And here''s the diamond eternity wedding sets thread, so you can compare the look of a diamond band solitaire to a plain solitaire.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I have a princess solitaire and a princess cut eternity band. Here''s a pic:

hhheeeet33333.jpg

2CarrotPrincess

Rough_Rock
Ok- That worked, so just so you can see with the plain band. I think I like the plain better actually.

srlplainbandpict.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 1:11:40 PM
Author: 2CarrotPrincess
Ok- That worked, so just so you can see with the plain band. I think I like the plain better actually.
Very pretty rings...I prefer the plain gold band too..it really makes that princess diamond POP!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This baby isn''t mine, alas, but it is one of my favorites: a bezel set princess by Leon Mege (I believe - I found it in the Leon thread, but am puzzled by the IceMine logo).

Leon Princess 13.jpg

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting my picture musey!

Hoofbeats, I have a 0.78c princess solitaire, that at the beginning I wore with a channel set diamond band, then I wore it in different combinations with plain band/anniversary 5 stone ring/the channel set band. I found the plain band only made the stone pop, but after a while I much preferred the ''blingy'' look. I`ll attach couple of pictures for you to get an idea.

chiquitapetprincess444.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I have a princess cut solitaire from WF with a diamond eternity band from Blue Nile:

jstar-ringinbox.jpg

jstar-ringsonbox.jpg

jstar-closeup.jpg

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
chiquitapet - where did you get your stone? And is it just a regular princess cut or some kind of fancy H&A thing?

jstarfireb - what size is your stone? And also where did you get it and what kind of cut?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Mine is a 1.016ct ACA princess from Whiteflash. Here's the link to my stone so you can see the specs: 1.016 I/VVS2. The setting is a custom design. The ring is size 6.75. Sorry I don't have better pics - my digital camera is getting elderly!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
jstarefireb - nice diamond. I noticed the pattern seems to be similar to last one you posted for me on the other thread. Or am I cross eyed? It looks similar in the regular image. If so can I see more pics of yours in real life! :)

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Hoofbeats, I got my stone from Melbourne Diamond Exchange in Australia. It`s a D VS2 and it is a classic princess cut, with nice sharp corners
3.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that''s why I recommended it! The ASET and facet pattern look very similar. I have the world''s worst digital camera when it comes to the macro function, but the ones on this thread are the best I have.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
jstarfireb - Is there any way I can PM you directly? I can''t find that function on this BB. I''d like to have more conversations about your diamond. :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
No, I think they''ve disabled PMs here. Feel free to ask away though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results