Post your Right Hand Ring photos here, please!

Brag shamelessly about your Bling, engagement, anniversary or any other ring here. Pictures are mandatory! No simulants please - only genuine gemstones. No Pearls either.

• 246 posts • Page 3 of 91, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Post by kbling » March 4th, 2005, 4:27 am
Another shot of my RHR...still waiting on something for my LEFT hand!!!
Attachments
tanzRHR.jpg
tanzRHR.jpg (96.36 KiB) Viewed 161 times
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."

Post by Addlepated » March 4th, 2005, 8:03 pm
The opal in this ring was originally in a different setting which my husband gave to me when our first daughter was born. Opal is my daughter''s birthstone. Neither one of us liked the setting much though, so he snuck it off at a later Christmas to be put into this setting, which I love.

Post by sweetpinkshubby » March 5th, 2005, 2:35 am
Date: 3/2/2005 9:23:23 AM
Author: SweetPink
Thank you....
Hubby surprised me with the pink sapphire....I had always wanted a pink sapphire as my engagement ring, but then I fell in love with the wedding set I have now..so that never happened, but I had been hinting and hinting about it and he completely surprised me and gave it to me as a Christmas present. I am working on two shared prong pink sapphire enternity rings, so I can even out my stack on the left w/ the right.Image
yea and she''s trying real hard draged me into tiffany''s the other day, that''s ok if i do choose to get Image she''ll deserve it(maybe)Image (just kidding hun cause i know you''ll see this)Image

Post by Angel7 » March 5th, 2005, 8:26 am
Here are all the rings I wear. Here''s is my latests. I 3/4 carat pink sapphire with 8 small side diamonds. Xmas Gift.
Attachments
pinksapphirexmas.JPG
pinksapphirexmas.JPG (26.7 KiB) Viewed 161 times
____________________________________________________________________________________
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one"

Post by Angel7 » March 5th, 2005, 8:28 am
Here is my ruby and diamond band. Sorry my pics are not good!
Attachments
rubyanddiamondband.JPG
rubyanddiamondband.JPG (53.26 KiB) Viewed 161 times
____________________________________________________________________________________
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one"

Post by Angel7 » March 5th, 2005, 8:29 am
Here is my grandma''s engagement ring that I received when she passed away. Dont know the specs, only know it''s about 3/4 carat and white gold.

Attachments
nonnasring.JPG
nonnasring.JPG (43.75 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Post by Angel7 » March 5th, 2005, 8:30 am
Lastly, here is my diamond band.

Attachments
diamondband.JPG
diamondband.JPG (69.93 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Post by Mara » March 5th, 2005, 10:19 am
Actually after I did this today..I realized I do have a RHR...it''s a 10 stone shared prong diamond band...but I wear it very infrequently...I feel like it doesn''t quite command enough to be worn on it''s own...it may need two eternity bands flanking or something. They are on ''the list''...hehee.

So here is my ''dream'' compilation....attainable after many lottery winnings. Image
Attachments
mara right hand dreams.JPG
mara right hand dreams.JPG (92.46 KiB) Viewed 161 times

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

-Albert Einstein

Post by Addlepated » March 5th, 2005, 12:52 pm
My new baby, a 1.12 carat color change garnet in a Leo Ingwer setting.

Post by Leila » March 5th, 2005, 6:49 pm
This is my original engagement ring.  I now wear it on my ring hand.
Attachments
antiquering.JPG
antiquering.JPG (17.72 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Post by UkneekFreak » March 6th, 2005, 1:05 am
Hello :-)
I''m new to being engaged. What does the whole right hand thing mean? Is it just an extra engagement ring you have, and you wear it on your right hand? Or, is it another tradition? Please let me know. Thanks :-) Pretty rings, everyone! :-)

Post by Lynn B » March 6th, 2005, 3:29 am
Hey Uneek...
Here's what the RHR thing is all about (my opinion only, of course... anyone else, please feel free to chime in!)  It has been being promoted recently by DeBeers (another multi-million dollar marketing ploy)... "Women of the world, raise your right hand..." and other slogans along the lines of: "The left hand rocks the cradle; the right hand rules the world..."; the left hand ring signifies committment, the right hand ring symbolizes independence... yadayadayada.  According the DeBeers, the right hand ring (diamonds only, of course! Image ) would also be a ring that a woman buys for herself. 

Well, we all know what we think of DeBeers around here, and the brainwashing propoganda that the fashion magazines are so full of!!!  Image  BUT, we DO love beautiful jewelry... and a right hand ring is just another place to enjoy it!  Image   

And to answer your other question... no it certainly isn't "necessary" for any RHR to be "an extra e-ring"... although it certainly can be!  Some people upgrade but still love and treasure their "old" e-ring, and for them, it can make a very special RHR.  Other people just buy what they like, or have several (or LOTS) of other rings that they wear.  (Jennifer, I'm talking about YOU now!!! Image Image Image

It's whatever you want and whatever you love! 

Lynn

PS Does your user name have any significance to the line of jewelry designed by the company "Uneek"?

And THAT'S my story and I'm sticking to it!

Post by Maxine » March 6th, 2005, 3:51 am
Lots of people went for that other marketing ploy also, since lots of people have three stone - past, present and future - rings.......But I''m with Lynn...the right hand ring is any ring worn on your right hand......the original expression was coined by DeBeers to promote rings which were usually set with a number of smaller diamonds.....

Post by rms » March 6th, 2005, 5:12 am
Date: 3/2/2005 9:24:22 PM
Author: Patty

Date: 3/2/2005 7:16:40 PM
Author: ForteKitty
have you ever painted your nails to match it?  i think it''d look really cool!

Me?  Painted my nails blue and white?  Image

My, that would be a bit wild for me...I''m OLD!

Patty, I say give blue a try...you might be surprised at how many compliments you will get.  

Post by Bagpuss » March 6th, 2005, 5:39 am

Like Jennifer, I have too many right hand rings to post them all Image and I plan to keep on collecting them.

What I wear on my right hand depends on what stone is the main element in my other jewellery - earrings, pendant, bracelet. I like stuff to match.

But, if I had to choose just one, it would have to be the sapphire and diamond ring dh gave me on our 25th wedding anniversary.

Attachments
25th anniversary RHR ring.jpg
25th anniversary RHR ring.jpg (13.5 KiB) Viewed 161 times
-----------------------------
Bagpuss

Post by Kaleigh » March 6th, 2005, 5:47 am
Bagpuss,
Your sapphire ring is just stunning.  What a lovely 25th anniversary gift from your dh.  What is the carat weight on your sapphire, it looks huge!!Image
Piece of cake and a candle *** NG gift***

Post by Little » March 6th, 2005, 8:00 am
I finally have a good picture of my right hand ring! The opal is .99 carats, from Australia (Lightning Ridge?) set in 14k white and yellow gold.

Little

Attachments
myopalring.JPG
myopalring.JPG (87.95 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Post by Lions, Tigers & Bears » March 6th, 2005, 10:09 am
Bagpuss, I like the way you think.ImageImage  I have a similar "Princess Diana" style sapphire ring that I got for my 4th anniversary but your sapphire is much prettier/a better blue.

Here is my latest rhr. Image

Attachments
LF.sun.2.1.jpg
LF.sun.2.1.jpg (20.58 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Post by SweetPink » March 8th, 2005, 8:01 am
I love that flower....Image

I couldn''t help but notice you said that--it was your latest. Can post your other RHR''s ( I know you have more than one Image)--pretty please with ice cream on top.Image

Post by Lions, Tigers & Bears » March 8th, 2005, 9:40 am
Thank you, Sweetpink!Image

I posted a collage of some of my other RHRs on page one of this very thread!  ImageImage

Post by SweetPink » March 9th, 2005, 2:54 am
Oh..Ok I see them..how could I have missed it....

Post by WTNLVR » March 12th, 2005, 7:47 am
This is one of my right hand rings. Another pic to follow. I love the unusual setting. It also has a euro shank. It''s hard to capture the true blue color on camera.
Attachments
shank3.jpg
shank3.jpg (24.12 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles- it empties today of its strength.

Post by WTNLVR » March 12th, 2005, 7:48 am
angle 2
Attachments
shank7.jpg
shank7.jpg (38.74 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles- it empties today of its strength.

Post by Maxine » March 12th, 2005, 8:13 am
Very nice...love the unusual setting!!!! (Plus the beautiful stones.......)    Image

Post by teebee » March 12th, 2005, 1:08 pm
Here is my RHR.... I probably shouldn''t post it on PS... its a cheapo... but I love the color & I don''t wear a lot of jewelry besides my ering & a nice pendant that my mom gave me so I can''t justify spending a lot of money on a piece of jewelry that I don''t wear all that often...  it''s really a fun piece to wear when the mood strikes and pink has grown on me a lot in the last couple of years!!

~teebee~

Post by SweetPink » March 14th, 2005, 2:08 am
WTN,
That is a beautiful setting.....

Post by valeria101 » March 14th, 2005, 2:28 am
Date: 3/6/2005 9:29:3 AM
Author: Lynn B
Hey Uneek...
Here's what the RHR thing is all about (my opinion only, of course... anyone else, please feel free to chime in!)  It has been being promoted recently by DeBeers (another multi-million dollar marketing ploy)... 'Women of the world, raise your right hand...' and other slogans ....

Yeah. SO much for "tradition". The original campaign encouraged jewelers to present white metal rings containing small diamonds as "right hand rings". With the understanding that the piece wold contain melee sized diamonds and at leats one over 30 points.

Oh well, the pretext for buyng any sort of non-engagement-like ring is not a bad idea. As if any excusel would be needed Image

There's no rule, and color makes allot of sense for these ocasional-wear ring, I would think. Just look at this thred !  Image   It could easily be moved on the colored stone forum already.
Ana
"The greatest experts are only as good as the sum total of what they have seen." [Souren Melikian]

Post by flower12 » April 11th, 2005, 11:38 am
Belle thank you veru much for let me know this  topic!!
I didn''t know.

here is my some of RHR.
Attachments
fav1.jpg
fav1.jpg (66.21 KiB) Viewed 161 times

Post by Kaleigh » April 11th, 2005, 11:42 am
Wow Flower, that is some collection of right hand rings!!Image  Now tell us the specs on those beauties!!
Piece of cake and a candle *** NG gift***

Post by sevens one » April 11th, 2005, 11:47 am
OMG- Flower those are cool.
How about some hand pics!

246 posts • Page 3 of 91, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,

« Return to Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)