shape
carat
color
clarity

Plz show me your Pears!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cherylanne68

Rough_Rock
Don''t get my wrong ladies, I LOVE my RB, but I''ve always had a secret passion for Pears. I was thinking that down the road for our 20th anniversary I would change my RB and setting to something that would accomodate a
36.gif
chucky pear. OR, maybe I would do something for our 15th anniversay (2 years away) as a right-hand ring.

So PLEASE if you have a pear, post it, I''d love to get some ideas.

Thanks!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
There is a thread ( maybe several ) about them already existing, but perhaps more people now have acquired them and could post them here...

Here''s mine nonetheless:

5.13CT
VVS2
W to X color range

lemony + eternity 22.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
from a distance taken with my iphone ( this phone really takes BAD pictures ).

pen11.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amethyste- I have some serious lust issues with your pear!!! So gorgeous!!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cherylanne, I'm growing to love chunky pears, too, so I hope you get many responses and links!

Amethyste, that ring is a stunner. You don't happen to live in SoCal, do you? I ask because not long ago, I spotted a ring similiar to yours, and it struck me dumb! At least, I think it was similiar, might have been oval, but it was so fast, I didn't get to compliment the lady so she might let me take a closer peak
emotion-5.gif
. Beautiful. (both yours and hers.)

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 2:27:22 PM
Author: luv2sparkle
Amethyste- I have some serious lust issues with your pear!!! So gorgeous!!!

Thank you so much sweetie - I am flattered by this comment! :)
emembarrassed.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 2:43:16 PM
Author: KaeKae
Cherylanne, I''m growing to love chunky pears, too, so I hope you get many responses and links!

Amethyste, that ring is a stunner. You don''t happen to live in SoCal, do you? I ask because not long ago, I spotted a ring similiar to yours, and it struck me dumb! At least, I think it was similiar, might have been oval, but it was so fast, I didn''t get to compliment the lady so she might let me take a closer peak
emotion-5.gif
. Beautiful. (both yours and hers.)

KaeKae - I live in NH, totally opposite of the country :) I am certain it wasnt me that you saw :) THank you for your sweet words on my ring :) I adore it!!!
30.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my baby. Next year she''ll have a platinum halo (fingers crossed!)

computerpear.JPG

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 4:07:13 PM
Author: gemgirl

36.gif
36.gif
Absolutely beautiful!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
do you have handshots of that baby?!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 4:11:42 PM
Author: Amethyste

Date: 7/28/2009 4:07:13 PM

36.gif
36.gif
Absolutely beautiful!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
do you have handshots of that baby?!
Yes, lots! Let me find some good ones.....

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the clearest handshot I have.

IMG_0456GsP2.JPG

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty Gemgirl!!!! I love how she is plumpy :) What are the stats... looks so great!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 4:19:57 PM
What a beauty Gemgirl!!!! I love how she is plumpy :) What are the stats... looks so great!
I love how everything looks so big when we post it! She''s 10.51 x 6.65 x 4.00 and she''s a G SI1 that has appraised as a F VS2 three times, so I''m happy. She''s got a 1.58 ratio. I wanted to upgrade her to a larger stone before my reset but the place I bought my diamond from (pre PS days) doesn''t take trade-ins and I''d lose too much money selling it, so she''s going to get a nice big halo next year.

Amethyst, I know I''ve said this before but I l
30.gif
ve your ring! It looks so right on your hand.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 4:28:57 PM

I love how everything looks so big when we post it! She''s 10.51 x 6.65 x 4.00 and she''s a G SI1 that has appraised as a F VS2 three times, so I''m happy. She''s got a 1.58 ratio. I wanted to upgrade her to a larger stone before my reset but the place I bought my diamond from (pre PS days) doesn''t take trade-ins and I''d lose too much money selling it, so she''s going to get a nice big halo next year.

30.gif
AWWW Thank you GemGirl :) Your pear is truly beautiful... It looks so bright!!! yes, she is a beautiful plump, i was looking for a pear in a ratio like yours before i bought mine, but it''s not always easy to find something that you wish for... I think my pear''s ratio is 1.69, so she is a little more elongated. You have an idea of the setting you would like to lay her in? :)

jayrenay9

Brilliant_Rock
I love pears too! I had my original ER pear set into a rhr a couple of years ago. Here are a few pictures
1.gif

halo_pear3.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my future e-ring. She''s a bit smaller then most of the pears on here but I love her to bits. Pear is 0.73 cts SI1 M or lower, Ovals are 0.18cts each, SI1 H.

peachypearperfume.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 5:59:14 PM
Author: 4ever
Here''s my future e-ring. She''s a bit smaller then most of the pears on here but I love her to bits. Pear is 0.73 cts SI1 M or lower, Ovals are 0.18cts each, SI1 H.
4ever - pretty ring!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MC
9.gif

DiamondRascal

Rough_Rock
Ok so I''m drooling over here! lol Amazing rings girls!!! I absolutely LOOOVE them all!!
30.gif
30.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my pear...1.08 D SI1...I really took this pic for my 5 stone so its not that great of the pear. Time
for a photo session! (sorry for the huge size)

sml3984.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2009 4:34:27 PM

Date: 7/28/2009 4:28:57 PM

30.gif
AWWW Thank you GemGirl :) Your pear is truly beautiful... It looks so bright!!! yes, she is a beautiful plump, i was looking for a pear in a ratio like yours before i bought mine, but it''s not always easy to find something that you wish for... I think my pear''s ratio is 1.69, so she is a little more elongated. You have an idea of the setting you would like to lay her in? :)
The setting will be custom made but I haven''t decided on the total look yet, except that I want the diamonds set in mushroom pave'' style (four prongs per stone) around the halo and down the shank to the 8:00 & 4:00 positions. I''m trying to decide what the undergallery should look like, but I have time to keep looking at settings for ideas. I don''t want the profile to look plain. The one thing I do know is that I don''t want the shank to pass through the top of the pear like most pears are set. I want it to cross half way down the length of the pear, and I''m going to do just one matching wedding band this time. I''m ready for a real change and a little less width.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my pear in a yellow diamond halo....I like her better in this halo than when she was a solitaire.

PearYellowHalo (500 x 375).jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2009 10:09:53 AM
Author: DiaDiva
Here is my pear in a yellow diamond halo....I like her better in this halo than when she was a solitaire.
DiaDiva, how big are the diamonds in your halo? I''m thinking of going with three pointers and I''m wondering if they''ll look too big. But what''s too big, right?
3.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:09:53 AM
Author: DiaDiva
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... i am so in love with your ring!! so gorgeous! I love the halo with yellow diamonds, just lovely!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
This is embarrassing but I have no idea, Gemgirl. I left it to my jeweller to decide on the size of the halo diamonds. Probably not more than 2 or 3 points though. I didn''t want diamonds that would be too overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results