shape
carat
color
clarity

Please suggest wedding bands!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I recently posted pictures of my new e-ring (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/princess-trellis-ring.94212/).

I''m excited to start looking for wedding bands. FI was so excited and has already picked one for himself!) However, my fingers are small (size 3, ring is 3.25) and the width of my e-ring is about 3mm already. I love the princess channel set bands but the ones I have seen are all at least 3mm wide. I think 6 mm of metal will look very overwhelming on me.

Also, I really love the style of the Tiffany swing rings, but wonder if the round shapes will look funny with my princess stone?

Does anyone have any w-band suggestions? I am open to plain platinum as well as diamond bands. Thank you!!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ys, my princess channel set WB is 2.5 (which is thin IMHO). It was custom made I am sure you could get one made 2 mm if that is what you want.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried stuff on? The swing is very pretty, but it's quite unique... something one should definitely try on before purchasing to make sure they like it.

I know I've seen VERY thin (1.9-2.5mm) channel-set princess eternity bands, but I'm not sure where. Maybe Pearlman's. The problem with the really thin channel-set bands is they're often milgrained/engraved/etc., and it doesn't seem like that would suit your ring.

Have you seen TravelingGal's set? She has a cushion, but her setting is very similar to yours. She wears a plain 2mm band with it. It looks very elegant, IMO!
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the Tiffany Swing, but musey is right - you should definitely try one on.
1.gif
I bought a little CZ replica to see how I liked the look, and am slowly falling in love, LOL.

I think that different shapes look great together! Round with the princess would look very cool, IMO.

Something I discovered was that I didn''t like 6mm of solid metal - but combinations that include diamond bands I feel like I can get away with a little extra width.

Someone mentioned that Pearlman''s can have the Bev K eternity rings made without milgrain - what about something like this:

bavkgd.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
geck is right, BK will make any of their rings without milgrain or engraving. Are you looking for a modern WB? I kind of do like princess e-rings to have princess wedding bands. But this would work if you want something really thin. It says it is 1.3 mm. Something like this would look great. This channel set is also only 1.3 mm.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 2:08:04 PM
Author: geckodani
I LOVE the Tiffany Swing, but musey is right - you should definitely try one on.
1.gif
I bought a little CZ replica to see how I liked the look, and am slowly falling in love, LOL.

I think that different shapes look great together! Round with the princess would look very cool, IMO.

Something I discovered was that I didn''t like 6mm of solid metal - but combinations that include diamond bands I feel like I can get away with a little extra width.

Someone mentioned that Pearlman''s can have the Bev K eternity rings made without milgrain - what about something like this:
Gecko, where''d you get the replica from? I love the Tiffany swing but can''t justify buying it just yet! TIA.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 3:25:23 PM
Author: sammyj

Gecko, where''d you get the replica from? I love the Tiffany swing but can''t justify buying it just yet! TIA.
www.newoutlet.com I got a Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver 2mm Bezel Band for $20. Great to try out before committing to the real thing, LOL!

I''m actually wearing it right now with my wring while my diamond is homeless.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 3:29:26 PM
Gecko, where'd you get the replica from? I love the Tiffany swing but can't justify buying it just yet! TIA.
www.newoutlet.com I got a Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver 2mm Bezel Band for $20. Great to try out before committing to the real thing, LOL!

I'm actually wearing it right now with my wring while my diamond is homeless.
Weird, I can only find the replica of the jazz ring! I don't see the swing
40.gif

ETA: Nevermind! I did find the "swing," but keep in mind that in the replica they used marquises, but in the actual swing it's two rounds in a marquise-shaped hole. It's surprisingly a really different look. The two rounds thing is what turned me off of the swing.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 3:49:03 PM
Author: musey

Date: 9/11/2008 3:29:26 PM

I''m actually wearing it right now with my wring while my diamond is homeless.
Weird, I can only find the replica of the jazz ring! I don''t see the swing
40.gif

ETA: Nevermind! I did find the ''swing,'' but keep in mind that in the replica they used marquises, but in the actual swing it''s two rounds in a marquise-shaped hole. It''s surprisingly a really different look. The two rounds thing is what turned me off of the swing.
I can''t read. I have the Jazz replica, not the Swing. Sheesh. Silly gecko.
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results