shape
carat
color
clarity

please show me your 3 stone rings ...

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I am looking into changing my solitaire to a 3 stone and am really keen to see examples of a 3 stone that might be slightly different to the usual. i have a princess cut as the centre stone, and it''s not especially large (approx .75) and am really just deliberating whether the additional side diamonds will help me to feel better about it. I''ve seen a couple in stores, princesses across but one had a 1 carat centre, so that was much bigger than mine would be, and the other was a .50 centre with .20''s on the sides, and therefore a bit smaller. I wear a size 8 or 9 depending on the weather, so they''re not petite paws!

As i have remodelled my existing ER twice already trying to get something that enhanced the centre stone, I don''t want to make another mistake. Ideally If would just buy a new stone but then a) I would have a spare, and b) then I am disregarding the stone my husband originally had set, so I thought maybe a 3 stone might be the solution. In addition, it also means I would get better finger real estate than what we will every justify/afford in a solitaire anyhow, and for around half the cost of a straight upgrade.

So, please show me some 3 stone ER''s ideally other stones than RB''s because to me they are a different look to something square. I have had some great examples with trillions or traps on the side, but I think for maximum effect I probably need princess, or radiants on the side. I''ve been having trouble with the search function this week, which is why i''m asking for your postings rather than searching.

Cheers

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm guessing you've already seen this thread but I'll link it anyway:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-stone-ring-girls-are-you-out-there.75486/

I'm a three-stone girl through and through, so I of course think this is a fantastic idea
5.gif

Your 0.7 would make a fabulous sidestone, too, if you're looking to go bigger now or sometime down the line
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''re looking for maximum finger coverage (who isn''t, LOL?!), I''d go for the 3-stone style whereby the sides and the centre stones are more of "equals" rather than having the sides as "accents" to the centre. So, maybe 0.50ct each on the sides.

I''d also look for a setting whereby the sidestones are not "tucked in" under the centre, as otherwise you''d lose some of the width of the sidestones, thus lessening the finger coverage.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2010 12:37:54 AM
Author: Phoenix
If you''re looking for maximum finger coverage (who isn''t, LOL?!), I''d go for the 3-stone style whereby the sides and the centre stones are more of ''equals'' rather than having the sides as ''accents'' to the centre. So, maybe 0.50ct each on the sides.

I''d also look for a setting whereby the sidestones are not ''tucked in'' under the centre, as otherwise you''d lose some of the width of the sidestones, thus lessening the finger coverage.
Good point!

One more thing to add to that - I have round sides that are tucked in under the centre, and they don''t look round from the top view because the parts that are tucked in underneath aren''t visible, so they look rather like half-moons. I like it, you may not, esp. if having princess sides makes them look rectangular rather than square, if that makes sense?

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
hey, thanks yssie and phoenix, i actually haven''t seen that thread due to not being able to search at the minute but i will have a good rummage now. great, and thanks for the tips on not tuckng the sides under, i was planning to have them more side by side but just slightly angled.

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a bit late on this but thought I'd show you mine incase it helps. It's a .80ct princess with 2 rounds on the side. They are .32cts each. I know you weren't looking for RB's as side stones, but since the size was so similar I thought I'd post. Not the best pic but you get the idea.
Ring1.jpg

mattysmom

Rough_Rock
My 3-stone is from Blue Nile. The center is .80 and the sides a .40 each all G VS2.

IMG_0350.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results