shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me me your "set as low as possible" rings!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

francesfarmer

Rough_Rock
I want the culet to live dangerously close to the skin of my finger. Anyone have photos of their super low rings to share?
Sorry if there''s another thread on this - I couldn''t find one.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Mine is like that, it actually does poke my finger and gets dirty quickly. I would recommend not quite this low.
and also here.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
My RHR is set low but the cullet does not touch my finger or get dirty (it doesn''t have a chance because I clean it every day). The only photo I have is in my avatar, although I believe there are other angles in a thread I started a long time ago on my jewelry collection. I just don''t have my camera anymore since I gave it to my daughter. Anyway, I LOVE lowset rings and think they look refined.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all of my rings to be set as low as possible. I just don''t like to bang them around and I like the look better as well.

Here is my e-ring that is pretty low:

danhov;lj;lkj.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my favorite things about my e-ring (which you can see in my avatar) is the fact that it sits pretty low. I have a tendency to bang it around on stuff anyway, though!
2.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I''m one of the biggest kiutz''s (spelling) out there so i need my rings set as low as possible.

here''s a pic of my e-ring

sholdtsemi10.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, Elle... that is a beautiful ring! I was just looking at Sholdt rings today online. I really like the sleek, contemporary lines! I was thinking of setting one of my gemstones in a setting very similar to yours. I love it!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 9:14:16 PM
Author: francesfarmer
Thank you! I love them!!! Elle, do you have any profile shots?
sure. don't mind the ugly nails that need a manicure badly.

Btw, MikeRato- your ring is one of my faves. adore those tension sets!

edited to add: Portia, their work is incredible. When i first got it i checked the ring from every angle, perfect.

mysemside.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I agree... my preference has always been for as little airspace under the culet as possible.

Here''s mine. AGS-0 2.36 RB, in a custom setting by WF.

105a1 .jpg

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
elle i dont think i have ever seen yours. its a beauty. how long have you had it for now? ever bump the sides at all?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think my diamond gets pretty close to my finger. Here is a side view.

PSHole3690.JPG

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
My e-ring is set really low--the center stone is a few millimeters from my finger, but the side stones are only about 1mm from my finger.
nkering5.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Bottom view.

PSHole3691.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
And from sort of the top and side. You can see my finger through the small hole that the culet goes into, leaving the tip just above my finger.

PSHole3696.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Mine isn''t as low as some of the others here, but I specifically asked WF to set it as low as possible while still allowing clearance for the surprise diamonds.

handshot-loupe1-small.jpg

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 11:43:49 AM
Author:francesfarmer
I want the culet to live dangerously close to the skin of my finger. Anyone have photos of their super low rings to share?

Sorry if there''s another thread on this - I couldn''t find one.

My friend''s husband was worried that the cutlet of my ring would impale my finger if I was injured. LOL.
You can check out more pics of my ring in the accident/halo thread below.

Enjoy!

Annie

crazyprofileout11.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I have the same ring as kcoursolle. I love low profiles! The cutlet on mine does touch my finger every now and then but I can't feel it. At first I was worried that the cutlet would be dirty all the time, but its fine.

Off the finger:

ringy061.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 10:00:58 PM
Author: MikeRato1
elle i dont think i have ever seen yours. its a beauty. how long have you had it for now? ever bump the sides at all?
Never did a thread in SMTR on it. I''ve had it since March/April I think. And yes, bumped it a few times but no dents yet
9.gif
. Would be bumping it alot more if I wore it all the time though
7.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Mine (by Leon Megé) is very low to the finger. The culet sits into the band (there''s a doughnut) but doesn''t touch off my finger. It''s so comfortable most of the time I can''t even feel the ring, and it only catches if I try to put my hand into a tight pocket or something.

retsleddelster3.JPG

francesfarmer

Rough_Rock
I love ALL of these! I like that the space between the prongs and the fingers looks so "full" when the stone is set so low. Keep them coming!!

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine which was requested as low as possible without interrupting the design of the ring. The culet about 1.8mm from my finger.

profile100.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results