shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me halo profiles!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one view of mine. I LOVE all the halos everyone has posted. Mrs. Salvo, yours looks amazing.

ring0220208.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
One more from an angle

DSCring220.jpg

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
SunnyD thanks for starting this. It looks like we have simalar taste in e-rings! I''ve also had trouble with finding a profile that is "it". This tread really helped the BF and I.

Ladies.... all your rings are gorgous. I hope to contribute to a tread like with my own halo someday!

mel047

Shiny_Rock
This is a great thread! Lots of help for me too, even though I''m in the pre-beginning stages.
2.gif

Just wanted to also add: Gypsy your design is amazing! Absolutely love it!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
All of these rings are so beautiful.

Mrs. Salvo: How much longer until you receive your beauty????????????

Linda

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 9:14:45 AM
Author: Isabelle
Here is one view of mine. I LOVE all the halos everyone has posted. Mrs. Salvo, yours looks amazing.
Ooooh Isabelle that''s what I want!!
30.gif
30.gif
Except mine will be prong set, not bezeled. I feel like I need some tilt so I can see some glitter from the side, since I won''t be doing a double row of pave on it.

Gypsy I love your ''heart'' as well! Arjuna, I have several hundred inspirations it seems!
9.gif
I guess the original spark came from Winnie. It''s funny, when I first came here, I was all about a non-haloed ring. Now I feel like I will die without one. Hahaha.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Glad to be of assistance kayak and mel!! One day we will share and compare profiles.
9.gif

Isabelle, do you know the degree of tilt on your halo?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 8:22:23 AM
Author: arjunajane
Are you for real? You designed it yourself?
36.gif
Its beautiful, I saw the pic of the top view you posted elsewhere - (sunnyd my apologies once again for the threadjack!)
Its a perfect design gypsy you should be very proud - I love the contrast of the smooth wires with the diamiond halo, very...sophisticated! And how fantastic that the heart was an 'accident by design'
9.gif

Ok, thats enough gushing...I will definately have to ask you the details when I get around to doing my own halo..can you link me to your smtr thread? gorgeous!

SunnyD, do you have any favourites yet for your design?

After four years of being on here I had all the design elements in my head. With pictures to show each peice of what I wanted.

I had a pic of the wires just like that... only without the gallery allowing for flush fit. So I asked for that.
I wanted an 'edgeless' halo and I wanted the side wall of the halo to be nearly non-existant. Like the Harry Winston pave ahlo. I wanted a delicate halo to compliment instead of overpower my stone.
I wanted it prong set with claw prongs as it's an asscher and I didn't want to cut down on light return of my step cut asscher. And I wanted the claw to emphasize the cut corners of the stone.
I wanted a smooth 2 mm shank tapering to the head (the taper happens on the side of the shank, not on the top)
And I wanted a comfort fit band.
Oh, the setting was to be catherdal, not an integrated peg type head setting.
And I wanted single cut melee.

I had LOTS and TONS of pics.

Ocean, however had the un-enviable task of pulling all the different elements into a cohesive whole. So while I 'designed it' the final design is a definite collaboration.
2.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lol-poor-neil.68550/ My major "planning" and designing thread... most the designing information is in the last couple of pages.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/drumroll-please-my-setting.72011/ is my SMRT thread... best pics are 4-5 pages in though.

Thanks for all the compliments you all are making me blush.

I wanted more control than Leon would allow me, Maytal wasn't as used then and her focus seems to be on antique/ vintage settings and I wanted a contemporary feel for the ring... but still deco as it's a "boxster" setting. Ocean and I clicked when we first talked, and I liked the examples of her work she sent me... so I went with her.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isabel, I love your bezel. It''s perfect. VERY THIN and highlights and defines the stone... and the milgrain is perfect with the Legacy style setting. It''s just lovely. All the rings on here are lovely.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gypsy! I love yours too and agree with everyone that there are some amazing rings on this thread!

SunnyD- Thank you for the compliments! I think you will find a lot of different ways to create what you want, but the important thing is to get someone who knows what they are doing. I would use whomever Gypsy or Mrs. Salvo used, personally. Their rings are stunning. But, as to your question, the picture I took was of the ring at an angle. I remember taking it at the time b/c I thought the ring was so carefully made that it really impressed me that from any angle the proportions and dimensions were just right. I loved the time and attention whomever made that ring took in making it, and I thought that photographing the ring at an angle really captured that precision. The first set of pics taken by the appraiser show what the ring looks like straight. But having said that, if you want your halo to set the stone at an angle, maybe you should talk to the people that the experts are recommending. I think though that I would be careful to do whatever you do using subtlety as your guide.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MsSalvo's ring is Daniel K. She went through the custom process once, and did not want to go through it again. Hers is a designer setting, that is being re-made for her (she bought a certain size, as ITTY BITTY fingers, so instead of re-size they are just making her a new setting).

As for picking a vendor for a custom setting... I really believe that given the stress of the custom process. And if you are a type a control freak like me it is VERY stressful. You have to go with a recommended vendor on here that has experience doing the style of work you want, but that you also click with personality wise. I also depends on what you want from custom: If you want build to print, go to whiteflash, if you want collaboration go to Maytal or Ocean, if you want a designer piece that is distictively designer go to Leon.

I would NOT have gone custom if I could have found something close enough to what I wanted. My best advice is... if you can find your 'dream' setting in a stock setting... go that route. Much less stress for an engagement ring. It's such a special unique peice that if you want EVERYTHING perfect... it's sometimes hard to get that from custom. There are some things I would tweak about my setting if I could without having it remade, even now.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice Isabelle and Gyspy. My seemingly endless quest to find the perfect stock setting unfortunately had to end. There was just no way.
8.gif
Especially since all the rings I really liked were customs themselves!

So I''m going custom, at Green Lake Jewelry Works, of machick and pauly1 fame. When I contacted them about a general quote, they were so nice and even though they knew that I wasn''t looking to buy anything yet, they gave me some really good info and a pretty specific quote! Which was great! It also helps that they''re located 30 mins from where we live.
2.gif

Oh, how I wish we could get going on this now!!!

teppy

Rough_Rock
heres one showing the side of the band with the diamonds.

IMG_0002_2-web.jpg

teppy

Rough_Rock
another side view

IMG_0004.jpg

teppy

Rough_Rock
and one showing the top

teppy

Rough_Rock
sorry, I thought I had attatched it the first time. Here it is from the top

IMG_0007-web.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
SunnyD- I really like the idea of you using some jewelers that PSers have recommended and that they are located within driving distance from you. I think it is so great to be able to meet and talk about what they are going to do for you so that you know and they know what you want. Congratulations on this decision. How long will it be before you actually design your ring? I want to see pics! :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Face to face is MUCH better. Greenlake will do a FABULOUS job for you I''m sure. Can''t wait to see the final product.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
top view

IMG_3976 upload.JPG

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
side view

IMG_3975 upload.JPG

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
profile view

IMG_3978 upload.JPG

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, your ring is beautiful. I love the suspended diamond at profile contrasting with the antique look of the halo. And you are another one who got a prong set that still manages to sit low. It''s very pretty! :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 2:28:59 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 3/26/2008 8:22:23 AM
Author: arjunajane
Are you for real? You designed it yourself?
36.gif
Its beautiful, I saw the pic of the top view you posted elsewhere - (sunnyd my apologies once again for the threadjack!)
Its a perfect design gypsy you should be very proud - I love the contrast of the smooth wires with the diamiond halo, very...sophisticated! And how fantastic that the heart was an 'accident by design'
9.gif

Ok, thats enough gushing...I will definately have to ask you the details when I get around to doing my own halo..can you link me to your smtr thread? gorgeous!

SunnyD, do you have any favourites yet for your design?

After four years of being on here I had all the design elements in my head. With pictures to show each peice of what I wanted.

I had a pic of the wires just like that... only without the gallery allowing for flush fit. So I asked for that.
I wanted an 'edgeless' halo and I wanted the side wall of the halo to be nearly non-existant. Like the Harry Winston pave ahlo. I wanted a delicate halo to compliment instead of overpower my stone.
I wanted it prong set with claw prongs as it's an asscher and I didn't want to cut down on light return of my step cut asscher. And I wanted the claw to emphasize the cut corners of the stone.
I wanted a smooth 2 mm shank tapering to the head (the taper happens on the side of the shank, not on the top)
And I wanted a comfort fit band.
Oh, the setting was to be catherdal, not an integrated peg type head setting.
And I wanted single cut melee.

I had LOTS and TONS of pics.

Ocean, however had the un-enviable task of pulling all the different elements into a cohesive whole. So while I 'designed it' the final design is a definite collaboration.
2.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lol-poor-neil.68550/ My major 'planning' and designing thread... most the designing information is in the last couple of pages.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/drumroll-please-my-setting.72011/ is my SMRT thread... best pics are 4-5 pages in though.

Thanks for all the compliments you all are making me blush.

I wanted more control than Leon would allow me, Maytal wasn't as used then and her focus seems to be on antique/ vintage settings and I wanted a contemporary feel for the ring... but still deco as it's a 'boxster' setting. Ocean and I clicked when we first talked, and I liked the examples of her work she sent me... so I went with her.
Thankyou for filling me in Gypsy, you sound just like me - I love and appreciate Leon and MM work but I don't think I could completely "hand over the reigns" for something like this. I have too many particular opinions!
Your thread was very educational, I have been wondering the difference between full and single cut melee - who would've known the single cut are so hard to source!
I realize this is a silly question, but can anyone explain to me what is a comfort fit band and what is the difference between this and a "normal" one..??
I have just ordered a solitaire from GOG and am worried if I should've asked for comfort fit...I like comfortable things!
40.gif

ETA: MMM I also adore your ring, very special setting, another different one - a girl needs to be forgiven for thiking "all halos are the same" pre-PS! Who made your ring/where did you buy it if I may ask?

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
MMM- I LOVE YOUR RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It''s exactly what I would pick out myself. I love the size of the halo and the profile is clean and modern which is a great contrast to the antique-ness to the ring. Absolutly beautiful. I''m sure you have already posted the stats on the ring but would you mind reposting the size of the stone and your ring size?

I''m in love with this thread!
30.gif

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/26/2008 4:15:27 PM
Author: sunnyd
Thanks for the advice Isabelle and Gyspy. My seemingly endless quest to find the perfect stock setting unfortunately had to end. There was just no way.
8.gif
Especially since all the rings I really liked were customs themselves!

So I''m going custom, at Green Lake Jewelry Works, of machick and pauly1 fame. When I contacted them about a general quote, they were so nice and even though they knew that I wasn''t looking to buy anything yet, they gave me some really good info and a pretty specific quote! Which was great! It also helps that they''re located 30 mins from where we live.
2.gif

Oh, how I wish we could get going on this now!!!
That''s great! Can''t wait to see the final ring. They were such a pleasure to deal with and I was on the otherside of the country. Your shouldn''t have any problems being 30 min. away. Who are you working with as a designer? Have fun.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
LOL sorry to get all your hopes up, but this probably won''t get under way until late 2008.
8.gif
Like I said earlier in an LIW thread, once we get the stone this summer, I''ll have to either a) find a way to glue it on my finger, or b) come up with a get-rich-quick scheme.

I''m excited to work with them! Pauly, I''ve been in contact with Amber a couple of times via email. Very nice.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
MMM, yours is my inspiration!! I love it so. Ahhh.

Arjuna, I believe Mark T at ERD did her ring.

DevineHalo

Rough_Rock
i love this thread! i have recently fallen in love with halo settings (and am waiting to recieve mine) and always had trouble finding side profiles of settings. great job gang!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some gorgeous halos in here!

And, although mine isn''t a diamond encrusted halo, it''s still a halo.
1.gif

original.aspx

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this one because it doesn''t stick UP much....sorry for the darkness of the pic.

The stone is an amethyst.

KMR_Purple_side1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results