shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me eternity + plain bands together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I wonder could I ask all the beautiful fingers on Pricescope to please do a little modelling for me?

I am trying to envisage what an RB eternity band would look like paired with a plain wedding band. Shared prong or channel set, and diamonds solo or with other gemstones will all be equally drooled over! For the wedding band, I have the 2mm Lucida band in mind, and I would prefer to keep the eternity band under 3mm. No engagement ring (eternity band would be the engagement ring).

Can anyone help me out?
9.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
gosh...not sure if this will help...but here are two rings I often wear together and love!

xmas07 059546348.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
That definitely does help mela lu, thank you!

Any other takers? I''d particularly appreciate ''whole hand'' shots if anyone had them...

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Nice combo Mela Lu, GOD I love that diamond band!

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have any pics to contribute but I love this idea. I was advising my sister that this look (eternity as e-ring and plain WB) might work for her since she doesn''t wear any jewelry and does lots of hands-on work etc.

Can''t wait to see what you decide! Good luck!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am pretty sure there are multiple threads on this topic that were posted pretty recently. Might want to try running a search, I bet there are a number of pics there!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I truly like this look. There is shine and prettiness while keeping it simple and oh so classy looking. I often wish I''d gone for this look.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
oooh coati - I love that diamond band...do tell!! deets please!!

and BEAU - Love those stackers! Can you please sandwich the plain between the two stone bands and come back with some pictorial evidence?! thanks. you rock. like a rock sandwich. LOL

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mela Lu! Your bands are lovely too!
My band is around .30, g-h, and it''s a half eternity.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oh coatimundi! Wow!
30.gif
Would you mind telling me where your eternity ring is from? It''s so beautiful.

beau your stackers are gorgeous! I''d also love to see them stacked in different combos, pretty please? Maybe one of just one eternity worn as an ering, with the plain band?

Ausuble and Addy thank you for the kind comments! I think it''s a lovely classic look too
1.gif

Neatfreak I have searched but the only threads I''ve found are of eternity bands used as wedding bands alongside a ''traditional'' ering. Or else threads of lots of stackers. I''ve found none with pictures of eternity bands JUST paired with plain metal wedding bands...

OK so how about if I say forget the limitation to RB only? I do, after all, love all shapes and sizes! Any more takers?
2.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any pics for you, Delster, but I looove that look and have considered it for myself! Are you thinking in that direction instead of the RB solitaire?

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 9:24:24 AM
Author: Miscka
I don''t have any pics for you, Delster, but I looove that look and have considered it for myself! Are you thinking in that direction instead of the RB solitaire?
The solitaire just mightn''t be feasible any time soon (we''re still crunching numbers) so we''re tossing out other ideas!
2.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Well I think it is classy and fabulous. Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe had eternity bands as erings...not bad company!

ETA: I loooove Coati's set. Also, have you seen the asscher channel set eternity on Facets? I remembered we both liked that Tiffanys with the square channel set stones, it is a similar look.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 9:46:26 AM
Author: Miscka
Well I think it is classy and fabulous. Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe had eternity bands as erings...not bad company!

ETA: I loooove Coati's set. Also, have you seen the asscher channel set eternity on Facets? I remembered we both liked that Tiffanys with the square channel set stones, it is a similar look.
Oooooh now you've just gone and blown my afternoon's study, you know that, don't you??? I'm going to be on Google for the next hour stalking Audrey and Marilyn bling!
3.gif
I actually think Princess Grace of Monaco received an eternity band as an engagement ring too? She got the emerald cut ring later I think.
Those fine ladies are certainly not bad company to be in at all at all!
36.gif

I do love that SP asscher band. And the one with alternating rounds and baguettes. Yum.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm I wish I had some good links for you. I have that "With This Ring" book that I got for $7 and that is where I saw them. Audreys was a simple baguette eternity and she had some multicolor stackable hammered bands that she also wore, I believe. Marilyn had either baguettes or emeralds, can''t remember which, side by side, not longways if that makes sense.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
and one more, ring finger is getting raw from sliding on and removing rings on that finger! LOL

for PSers.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Aw, beau, your poor finger! That's what it gets for being so glamorous though
2.gif
Thank you so much for all the photos. Your rings are beautiful
30.gif

Miscka, yup, Marilyn's ring was an eternity ring of vertical set baguettes, like this one from Facets/SP. There are some threads on here about those rings with some beautiful handshots. I still haven't found a picture of Audrey's but I'm working on it!

ETA: found a picture of Marilyn's ring on a thread here!

Marilyn%2036%20baguette001.jpg

facets_verticalbaguetteeternityring.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Okay Delster, I''ll play again!
40pointer channel set princess band. (I get my bands from a jeweler in the jewelry district in Los Angeles)

I wear this combo A LOT--channel sets are so comfy.

princessband111.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
coatimundi you are killing me!
30.gif
your bands are so elegant. oh wow.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
I LOOOOVE this look and this is what I''m trying to achieve by redoing my ring. I have a 1.2 center, with .5''s on the sides (reg. three stone ring) but I will be adding two .75''s in between them and finishing the shank off with .25''s! I am hoping it will look something like this, but a different setting. I will wear it with a plain wgold band!! I can''t wait!!

graduatedeband01.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 9:00:23 PM
Author: coatimundi
Here''s a single shared prong band with a 2mm plain band.
SWOOOOOOO(freakin)WOOOOON!!!! I loooooovvveeeeee that combo, and that eternity band especially.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Jennifer Garner wears a combo of eternity band, plain band, pink diamond channel set band. Have long admired it too.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I just remembered where I''d recently seen this look (besides on a friend of mind who has a slightly floral antique looking eternity band with a plain wedding band)!!

My cat''s vet. She has a horizon baguette band with a slightly curved plain band under it. It was heart-stoppingly gorgeous. My poor kitty, the rings were so pretty that I took in absolutely nothing that the vet said about my cat''s surgery. I tried on something similar at a local jeweller but it just didn''t look good on me. Well, maybe it did, but the jeweller was snobby about his colour ("we only use D-F stones") and I couldn''t get the rings off fast enough so I could get out of there.

I think LadyA has band like the SP one you posted. I believe there are photos of it with a plain band around here somewhere...

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 2:21:53 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 2/6/2008 9:00:23 PM

SWOOOOOOO(freakin)WOOOOON!!!! I loooooovvveeeeee that combo, and that eternity band especially.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Jennifer Garner wears a combo of eternity band, plain band, pink diamond channel set band. Have long admired it too.
Thanks Deco! I love your rings!
I love her bands!! I just got some pink sapphires--I''m going to make a copy!! I''m a copy CAT!
3.gif
Mine will be a baby version, of course.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 4:54:25 PM
Date: 2/7/2008 2:21:53 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 2/6/2008 9:00:23 P
SWOOOOOOO(freakin)WOOOOON!!!!
Thanks Deco!
Confession time: I TOTALLY send your pix to a friend of mine today -- we''d just been talking about "alternative" engagement rings and I''d suggested an eternity band e-ring to pair with a plain metal wedding band later. And her hands are shaped much like your lovely paws! She loved the look TOO!

Can''t wait to see your to-be-completed baby pinkie addition to the stack...
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results