shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me emerald cuts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I am in the market for an emerald cut. Cut is really important to me and I plan on taking my time to find a really great one. I am going to aim for H color as a compromise to get a larger stone but white.

Now, here is the question, I could get around 1.5-1.6 ct as a solitaire OR I could afford around 1.2-1.25 as a 3 stone ring. If I went 3 stone, I would go with emerald cut sides. I saw a 3 stone emerald cut setting I love. And since I have an eternity band from them and bought my mom a ring from them I know they would do a good job to make me happy.

What would you choose and why?

1.5-1.6 solitaire

or

1.25ish center with emerald sides totalling around .70 for the sides.

I should add I am not getting engaged. I''m married and adding something pretty to my channel set (round) eternity band.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like three stone emerald cut rings! I vote for that. Or...you could always go with a larger center stone now in a simple setting and add the other side stones later...
11.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it is not an engagement ring, I might get the larger stone and halo it, maybe with colored diamonds...or just white ones!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I really love three-stone EC rings...I'd vote for that!
3.gif

widget

ETA: Unless as suggested, getting a bigger solitaire now and remounting later with sidestones is a possibility...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results