shape
carat
color
clarity

Please post your shared prong w-bands and spacer rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Okay, Girls (and Boys)!
I''ve been working with Denise and Brian at Whiteflash to create an AMAZING shared prong wedding band to match my e-ring. Brian has done a SPECTACULAR job in designing it, but no matter how many times he''s tried he can''t get the band to sit flush with my ring (my diamond is just too big--what a dilemma, huh?
2.gif
). So, I now have a decision to make: Do I give up on my dream wedding ring or do I stick with it? If I stick with it, I''m thinking of possibly having a 1-2mm spacer band made with a notch in it to sit flush with my e-ring AND the wedding band. Does anyone have an example of this? Do you think this will be weird? Attached is a picture of my e-ring (which I''m missing TERRIBLY) and the wax of the w-band to hold seven 25 pointers (I''m not sure if I will have 5 or seven).

SM.jpg.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
One other thing! If you post a picture of your band, what size are the stones in your ring, and what size is your finger? I''m not sure if 5 stones will be enough or if 7 stones will be too many!!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
BTW, you can see from the picture below that I can''t even have a standard w-band sit flush with my e-ring because of it''s size. But, if you have ideas for getting a band to sit closer please let me know!!!

SM-1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Researcher,

Well I don''t think it is wierd at all. I think that a spacer band is another one of those where you are either ok with it or you just plain old don''t like it. I have a spacer bar because I was having a scratching problem between my two rings. I did not want to give up my shared prong band, therefore went with the spacer. Would I have been happier without the spacer? Probably yes, however I really have gotten used to it and I really don''t mind it. My spacer is not notched like you are looking for. It does sit square with my ER and WR, though. The spacer is 1.5mm and has a tiny surprise sapphire inside the band! My WR band has 5 stones, 1.10 ctw, the stones are graduated, however so I''m not exactly sure what each stone''s weight is. Oh and the sizes of my rings are 4.5. Hope this helps.

cmcspacer.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of different "solutions" to the dillema appear on jewelryexpert.com and DBL... they involve bowed and stepped w-band profiles - no "miracle".

Asscher-cut-Diamond-Ring-but.gif
Tanzanite-Yellow-Diamond-Ring-but.gif
notchedband2.jpg

If those rings must sit on the same hand... a curved band set with rounds instead of squares might fit better, if you like to trade that look for the gap or the steps formed by square princess cuts that is.

A siple band could be made to turn around the HUGE e-ring stone, or get notched, as you said.

WED_band_2.jpg
One like this set with tight pave would look like lace trim around the ring...

If a spacer is supposed to fill in that gap, it better be a large one - and most of your finger will be covered with stacked rings...

Just my 0.2
20.gif

StackStep.JPG

michela002

Shiny_Rock
I can''t help you out with pics but I know what you mean. I think a spacer band is a great idea. This is your wedding band, it should be perfect, exactly what you want, and if wearing a spacer band will let you have the wedding band you want I think definitely go for it. Looking at your ring I imagine a low, thin band that kind of slides under or very flush with the head of your ring might provide a flat enough edge for your wedding band to then appear to sit flush. I think it''s a great idea. I think if you can find a way to make your dream w-band possible definitely investigate it. I don''t think it will look "weird" - you just need to like the look
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Catmom~
Your rings are beautiful! It''s nice hearing that you get used to the spacer, as I''m not 100% with the idea right now
1.gif

Valeria~
Thanks for all the pics! I really don''t want my w-band to have a notch, bow, step, etc. because I know I will be wearing the w-ring by itself quite often. I do like the look of the band you suggested I get with pave, but I think I would leave it plain platinum (I''m going to have plenty of bling on my finger with the 3+ ct e-ring and 1.25+ ct band!). I''m going to forward that picture to WF and see if they can make my spacer look something like it
1.gif

Indecisive~
Great advice and thanks for the support! I too was thinking of something that sort of "disappears" by sliding under the stones of both the e-ring and w-band. I can''t wait to see what Brian does! He said he''d send me a photo with a spacer done in wax so I can see the fit. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I love your e ring and I think your ring would do fine with a spacer band
21.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think you ought to go with your dream wedding band. It is lovely and it is what you wanted. *hug* I hope this works out for you.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
You are so sweet, Matadora!!! I have decided to stick with this band. Now I just need to figure out whether I should go with 5 stones or 7 stones (7 is my favorite number, but I don''t want the stones to end up between my fingers)....

Please post your shared prong wedding bands and finger size!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
So, picture the above ring instead of the wax--do you think 5 stones or 7 stones work better? The stones are:

3.22 cts e-ring
.25 cts each shared prong

Thanks in advance!!!

SM4.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
I think 5 stones would work better. .25 princess cuts are about 3.5-3.6mm wide -- so 5 stones would be about 18mm across and 7 stones would be about 25mm across. If it were on me, 25mm would definitely run into the sides of my finger!

I guess it depends on how set you are on the .25 size vs. having 7 stones. If you really want 7 stones, I think you''ll need to drop the size of each stone to make it fit better on your finger.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Researcher,

I think that WR is going to look amazing with your gorgeous ER! I think your set is going to be my new dream set!
30.gif
30.gif
I absolutely love the two of them together.

I''m sorry if I missed it, but what size are your rings? I wear a 4.5 and the 5 stones I have come all the way to the end of my finger and its only 1.10 ctw. If I were to add two more then they would definitely be on the sides. I agree with Cath that if you keep the stones at .25 and go with 7 stones, then you could have a problem with them on the sides. I don''t know if that would bother you or not. Is it possible to go to a B&M and try some on? Whichever you end up doing [5 or 7] it is going to look amazing. Congratulations on a beautiful choice.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
GIRL- YOU SO CRAZY!

That looks awesome.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
I'm SO all over sets that don't match up all matchy....I'm SO into this "oh, it's so casual and elegant...oh, I almost forgot that I'm dripping in diamonds...I just threw these rings together" LOL I'm all over that set my friend!

As for 5 or 7- Well, you're a skinny little thang with slender fingers, right? Well, my man hands (don't ask the size...it's BIG LOL) initially did 5 .35 stones.... I actually had 1 stone added for 6 .35 stones b/c I'm a fat pig and my figer size went up since I got married.... there is almost no difference between .35 and .25 and with your size finger, I"m thinking 5 stones. You need to get yourself to a B&M and try one on...there is nothing worse than having shared prongs rubbing between your fingers! Ouch!

Oh yeah, did I mention that the rings look FAB!
36.gif
30.gif

edited: I just read with the other ladies said about 5 or 7 and I think that 5 will def work better...

and nononono to the spacer. Just say no to the spacer :) But it's what you want that's important!

p.s. Have you ever thought of changing the setting on the e-ring so it sits up higher. Then it will be flush with the band...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2005 5:31:4 AM
Author: researcher
So, picture the above ring instead of the wax--do you think 5 stones or 7 stones work better? The stones are:
Looking at the pic it took me a bit to decide whether that isn't a 6 stone ring ! Apparently two princess cuts on the band add up to the legth of your e-ring stone just so.

I would just do whatever it takes to have the ring span the finger without leaving much room to spin or trashing the skin between fingers on those prongs
32.gif
At this point, WF knows what is the best solution to that problem.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2005 7:38:17 AM
Author: Cath
I think 5 stones would work better. .25 princess cuts are about 3.5-3.6mm wide -- so 5 stones would be about 18mm across and 7 stones would be about 25mm across. If it were on me, 25mm would definitely run into the sides of my finger!

I guess it depends on how set you are on the .25 size vs. having 7 stones. If you really want 7 stones, I think you''ll need to drop the size of each stone to make it fit better on your finger.
I''m with Cath. I prefer the 5 stone, or 7 smaller stones.

I think the ring is going to be gorgeous!
36.gif

I don''t know about the spacer. I''d have to see it first.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Everyone, for all the great posts!
I was originally going to go with 7 15-pointers, but WF found that the ring just didn''t work with stones smaller than 25-pointers. It''s actually quite funny because I had REALLY wanted a ring with 25-pointers, but convinced myself that getting 7 stones would be fine because it''s my favorite number. At any rate, it looks like I''m back to 5 stones! I was just worried that they wouldn''t go all the way across my finger.

Catmom, thank you so much for giving me a clear example!!!
36.gif
I''ve looked everywhere down here in San Diego for a shared prong ring with 5 or 7 stones in this size that fits (I also wear a 4.5) and still haven''t found one
40.gif
I know that princesses don''t have the same spread as rounds, but I think with the slightly bigger weights it will be fine
1.gif

Oh, and as for the spacer, I now want to see if they can put notches in it so it will perfectly hug my e-ring AND my w-band. In other words, have both sides of the band notched so it will hold the ring together. It''s just a thought!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
MMM~
You are hilarious!!! Thank you for replying as I REALLY value your opinion. So you think a spacer is out? I just worry that these rings are going to be so far apart that it will bug me. I too like the look of "thrown together" rings (I do it all the time on my right hand), but just not with wedding sets. My mom thinks I should get two spacers, one for each side of my e-ring, so I can have a set of three rings to wear when I want to wear my w-band on the right. I just don''t know! At least the spacer bands aren''t expensive so my fiance won''t kill me if we buy 1 or 2 and I decide not to wear it/them!!!

As for changing the setting, that was my very first thought. But, in talking with Brian, we decided it was a bad idea. The carriage on the head just looked really weird when it was raised, and the stone is already big enough that it would get in the way too much. Also, he said that, by raising the e-ring, the diamonds in the w-band would wreak havok on my e-ring because the rings would still not be flush. In other words, I''d have to get a completely different setting and I don''t like that option right now.

Ahhh! I don''t know what to do. I was thinking a spacer would just make it look like I had three stacked rings, but I dunno. Hopefully WF will email me the picture of the wax spacer so I can get an idea of how it will look!!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
BTW~
Doesn''t anyone have pictures of their shared prong w-bands to post? I know I''ve seen some spectacular rings on this site!!! I''d love to see pics of them with your e-ring so I can see how well they fit together!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2005 8:4:38 PM

Valeria~
I'm going to forward that picture to WF and see if they can make my spacer look something like it
Can they fit a pin over the back of the rings to hold them apart ? instead of spacer... What is that suposed to do anyway ?

notc.JPG

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Valeria~
Those shots are great! Thank you so much!!!

The reason I wouldn''t do a pin to hold them apart is it''s the space between the rings I don''t like. In other words, I don''t want that much of my finger to show through when you look at my finger from the top and the sides. The third picture you posted is what I''m thinking I want--a stacked ring look. Will this be weird?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2005 2:53:39 PM

The third picture you posted is what I''m thinking I want--a stacked ring look. Will this be weird?
Not really... it looks like three stacked rings to me. from the front, it shouldn''t be very different from the first picture (no intervention at all) unless the spacer gets thick. Besides, it can''t be all that hard (or expensive) to try, no
20.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2005 2:59:30 PM
Author: valeria101
Date: 4/28/2005 2:53:39 PM

The third picture you posted is what I''m thinking I want--a stacked ring look. Will this be weird?

Not really... it looks like three stacked rings to me. from the front, it shouldn''t be very different from the first picture (no intervention at all) unless the spacer gets thick. Besides, it can''t be all that hard (or expensive) to try, no
20.gif

That''s what I''m hoping--that it won''t look different from the first picture AND that it won''t be expensive! At least I know WF will work work to get me exactly what I want!

Thanks again for the great photos--I''ve passed them along to Denise
1.gif

deny

Rough_Rock
I don't understand why they can't make the band to shadow your e-ring? That is what my jewler did. He made a new band to go right along my new three stone e-ring, which the center stone is larger and curves out. Then he used my diamonds from my original straight band like the one you show. I guess I'm a little confused why that can't be done for your ring.

By the way, your ring is beautiful!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
DenyRN~
Do you have a picture of your ring? I''d love to see it!!! If you''re talking about having my w-band curved to match my e-ring, I don''t want to do that because I will be wearing my ring alone fairly frequently. But, if there''s another option I''d love to learn more!!! Thanks for the compliment on my ring--I miss it!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Yea!!!
36.gif
The wonderful people at WF have already gotten back to me! Here''s the wax for my spacer (keep in mind the final spacer band will be a little thinner). I''m so excited! Brian said it hugs my e-ring perfectly, and will do the same with my wedding band!!! Let me know what you think
9.gif

spacer.jpg.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow they really did an awesome job just by looking at the wax mold!!! TERRIFIC!!! Can''t wait to see the real deal. I think you will be very pleased!!!
30.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I really like it. The only thing I got worried about with this picture is the wax shavings (for lack of a better word). It looks like my diamond has weird inclusions (like clouds) and the platinum is all scratched (which it''s not). But, knowing that won''t be there when they''re done, I''m super excited!!! By the end of the week they will have the final wax for my wedding band, so everything will be completed next week!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results