shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Kal & MrsF, thanks for indulging me. I think I may need to step away from the PC
31.gif
Iceberg, I hope this helps, though!

Snowhappy, I knew that setting seemed familiar--sage advice!

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Snow_Happy,

You have me confused now. By the way, thank you all for your wonderful input. So, if I understood you correctly, you said that, although you agree that the replica of the original 1920''s Tiffany&Co is beautiful, my .51k carat diamond (being too small)would not look good in that setting ?

If that''s so, great, I do appreciate honesty. But to make sure I / we understand one another, the exact setting would not be correct or the symmetry of the setting is not advantageous to the size of my diamond. If the latter is true, thanks for this observation.

On the same line of thought, would you then suggest that I concentrate on building on the Blue Nile setting but untappered ?

Good. Now we are getting somewhere.

Paul

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hi again, iceberg:

Here is the bluenile setting, juxtaposed with two settings by Dvatche. The middle one seems pretty similar to the bluenile one (right shape, wrong color: imagine if the sidestones were sapphires), the bottom one is a bit different (and right color, wrong shape: imagine if the sidestones were pears.)

I guess I'm trying to envision sort of a marriage of these styles? The middle one seems closer to the bluenile; that truffle/trellis setting of the bottom one is a different look. The bottom one is w/ a .50ct center stone, so the look is close, I hope.

Does this help at all?

blueniledvatchecompare.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iceberg,
I love the Dvatche setting that blueroses just posted !!! That would be awesome with blue sapphire pears.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s one I love, it''s a Whiteflash custom ring. I''m sure they could make it work for your stones and so the wedding band would sit flush.

tmb_big_0655-003.jpg.jpg

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Bluenose !! Your a God.

I am in awe at the effort you have given in my endeavour. Your last post is...I''m still speachless at your effort. I was all choked up earlier at the SNL pic (I laughed).

Well done my friend. So tell, me, it''s official ? I should forget the tiffany&co setting ?

Like I said earlier. Less is more. My beautiful and lovely GF is an angel (aside from the fact that she participates in triathlons). Consequently, after much research, I am going for 14ct white gold. 18ct will be too soft. Platinum, too expensive.

Paul.

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Your right Mrssalvo, Bluenose is on the right path.

Now here''s a twist. Having the Dvatche setting that blueroses just posted in mind, about the prongs, what if instead on prongs at the top (which holds the circular part on the pear), we had a semi-circle ?

Have I lost you ?

There''s already prongs holding the diamond so, let''s relax on these.

What say you all ?

I''m having a blast !!!!

Paul

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iceberg,
I''m so glad you''re having fun, but her name is blueroses not bluenose, Lol!!!!!
3.gif

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Bluenose, I''ve been to the Dvatche and found the ring but, How did you ever copy the picture ?

I would need it to show and print.

Thanks

Paul

Iceberg

Rough_Rock

OUPS !!! Blueroses, Blueroses, Blueroses !!! Got to admit that you''ve got the '' flair '' for them settings. : )

So sorry. LOL So sorry ! Thanks Kaleigh.

By the way, it''s middle Dvatche that I am focused on.

Paul

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Kaleigh ! What do you mean '' SHE ''. Blueroses you are a Goddess and me....a goof.
19.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2005 9:18:49 PM
Author: kaleigh
Iceberg,

I''m so glad you''re having fun, but her name is blueroses not bluenose, Lol!!!!!
3.gif

lol, i got a kick out of her new nickname
2.gif

Iceberg,
there is some software available where you can design your own ring. Ukieza designed his fiances ring, check out his thread
there is some sort of cad/cam software you can buy. one of them is called Rhino I believe...

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
My dear Iceberg:

First of all, I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD at my new name. I love it. LOVE IT! Bluenose!!! (see below--bluenose & bf!)

Second of all, you are MORE THAN WELCOME--I really love doing this stuff...it is FUN!

to be continued.....

bluenose.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Okay, back to it:

Third: I think I know what you mean--like a prong-set center stone, but semi-bezel set pears (around the round part) but prong-set at their tip?

(I do think that going the simple-ish (a la the middle Vatche setting above we''re discussing) is a GREAT way to go. If you were doing a simpler wedding band, then I might lean towards that old-school T&Co, but because
a) You have such a lovely w-band already w/ a lot of color and interest and
b) You''re going to do 14kWG

I agree that the T&Co is out....it''s a little too ornate given what we know of your girlfriend and the w-band...plus, that kind of intricate deco styling would work better w/ platinum.)

And check this out--it''s a Vatche, and VERY CLOSE to what we''ve been pondering.
This belongs to Morgan22: 1.33 Carat, Color G, Clarity-VS2 Superbcert
Setting by Vatche (w/.5 carat pear-shaped side sapphires)

(You might want to check out the SHOW ME YOUR PEARS thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-pears.27270/ .....aside from the center-stone pears, there are also a lot of e-rings w/ pear sidestones just to check out the settings (Like Kaleighy''s YUMMMMY T&Co 3 stone!!!) )

morgan22ring1.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a RB w/ pear sides that has bezel set pears....

This belongs to poster ICAA, specs: Custom design platinum ring with RB center (prongs) and bezel-set pear sides - 24 points each, E colour, VS1 clarity, LTW: 1.58 (5.2 x 3.3), Depth: 63.6%, Table: 59%

So...maybe this can help flesh out the "semi-circle" idea: having a semi-bezel on the rounded parts of the pear and a prong @ the tips?

ICAAbezelpearsides.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
blueroses, that is the funniest picture ever!!! Ok sorry Iceberg back to your search!!!!!!
1.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock

Oh, and finally to answer your question about the picture from the website....I right-clicked on it and saved-as. If you have a hard time with it, PM me with your e-mail and I''ll just e-mail it to you.

(W/ your specs, btw, this is the info I took from the site: Style 626 0.50ct .24-.28ctw Sides) I think they only had 18kWG, but obviously if you''re going custom, you can do whatever you want!!

Just ''cause, here it is again:

dvatche2.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Another angle of the same Vatche ring: (pic from solomonbrothers website)

dvatche2diff.JPG

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Blueroses. I just love your last two photos. Once again, am I going wrong by eliminating the prongs holding the larger part of the pear-shapped sapphire nd wanting to replace it by a semi-circle ? Sorry, don''t know the correct lingo.

Beautiful pictures and awsome idea for the setting. Stunning. I believe we have found a winner. Thanks to you my nosy friend who tooh time and effort to find me a setting. What do you do in real life ? Anything related to jewels ?

By the way, thanks for your personal picture of you and your hubby. And, the extra effort for that '' bluenose ''

Goodnite.

Paul

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2005 10:17:38 PM
Author: blueroses
My dear Iceberg:

First of all, I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD at my new name. I love it. LOVE IT! Bluenose!!! (see below--bluenose & bf!)

Second of all, you are MORE THAN WELCOME--I really love doing this stuff...it is FUN!

to be continued.....
BluerosesIIyou are so funny!!!!!

is that your pic???you are so beautiful
6.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey there,

I''m pretty late joining this thread, but wanted to add my 2¢. I agree that the Tiff. 1920''s replica is not the best choice. This ring inspired mrssalvo''s custom e-ring (see her thread here) with a 1 ct OEC center stone. The ring is just stunning & she had it custom made so that a wedding band would fit flush with it. But she already had a shared-prong diamond band & it just didn''t look right with the antique styled e-ring. (too modern) I fear you would encounter a similar situation if you tried pairing a very ornate/antique-inspired ring w/ your lovely sapphire & diamond w-band.

I absolutely adore the WF custom ring that mrssalvo posted & the DVatche is lovely too. (Also, the ring w/ bezel set pear sidestones is just stunning!) One thing to keep in mind--if you have v-shaped prongs on the sides of the pears, make sure they''re not too pointy. I had a ring that had trilliant sidestones & v-shaped prongs which were so pointy & uncomfortable that I hated wearing the ring. I like the way the shank of the WF ring slopes up to meet the prongs. It''s elegant & looks so comfortable.

Blueroses, you''re just hilarious! As always, a wealth of knowledge & helpful suggestions, but the SNL pic (and your bluenose photo) had me in stitches!
9.gif

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Blueroses, the Dvatcher setting is officially what I''ll be going for. What beauty !

Now, what remains to be decided is: prong or semi-circle AND tapered or not tapered.

Check out the picture (which I''ve been trying for the last hour to upload) It shows that semi-circle.

At https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-pears.27270/page-4
posted by JCJD P: 6/12/2005 5:38:48 PM

I trust your opinions so go ahead !

Paul

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
This one?

JV%20profile%20view.jpg

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
No.

I believe it''s a couple of pictures down. That''s why I wrote the exact time of the posting by JCJD 6/13/2005 at 5:38:48pm

Thanks for your concern. Anxiously awaiting your opinion.

Paul

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2005 9:25:52 AM
Author: BrightSpot
This ring inspired mrssalvo''s custom e-ring (see her thread here) with a 1 ct OEC center stone. The ring is just stunning & she had it custom made so that a wedding band would fit flush with it. But she already had a shared-prong diamond band & it just didn''t look right with the antique styled e-ring. (too modern) I fear you would encounter a similar situation if you tried pairing a very ornate/antique-inspired ring w/ your lovely sapphire & diamond w-band.

Blueroses, you''re just hilarious! As always, a wealth of knowledge & helpful suggestions, but the SNL pic (and your bluenose photo) had me in stitches!
9.gif

Brightspot, you are so right about my wedding band issue, i totally forgot to mention it. thanks for remembering
1.gif

and Bluenose uhhh roses
9.gif
- you pics just made me Laugh so hard
36.gif

back to Paul,

is this the one you mean?

SD-013s.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Heh--you beat me to it, mrssalvo! (how could I forget about your ring--lol!)

Back to Paul, I like that ring very much. I''m not sure if I like the semi-bezel or the prong setting better. So I''m not much help at all!
20.gif

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Yes !! That''s the picture of the semi-bezel. Thank you.

Here''s what''s going on. I''m leaving for a week. I''llbe back next monday nite.

Until then, I will hopefully receive lots of input as to whether it would be best to go with the prongs or semi-bezel.

A thought; Why is it that 98.95% of all rings I have seen on the net have their pear-shaped sidestones set with prongs ? Is it because it is more proper for it to be that way ? That is, design wise. Would I be wrong to go for semi-bezel ? By no means have I made up my mind. So please...ask around. You, most of all, would know who are the expert designers on this site. And last and surely not least, your personal opinion is very valuable to me.

You are such wonderful people. We''ve never met and yet, you are so helpful and attentive to my questions.

I started my day yesterday morning without a setting. Here I am, 24 hrs later with just a final detail to deal with.

Thank you. Can''t wait to get back and read what I should do.

Your friend,

Paul

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paul,
I think it''s truly a matter of preference on whether to do prong set pears or bezel. I personally like the prong set with the V-tip. since the eternity band is prong set the center is prong set, i would want the pears to be prong set too. But it''s really up to you. maybe try to see a couple of these settings in person to see one might stand out more.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
I have been lurking on PS for quite a while but had to chime on this thread!

How sweet of you Iceberg, to be so interested in the details of the ring. The wedding/"I love you" band is gorgeous and was such a sweet gesture. Your girlfriend is a lucky girl! I find the whole thing very touching.

I absolutely love the Vatche, and the custom whiteflash that Mrs Salvo posted, and think either would go beautifully with the band. I like the semi bezel too, but I just like the look of the prongs rather than the semi bezel with the prong set band.

I think the ring and the wedding set will be beautiful. Everyone here is so nice to take the time to make this process easier for Iceberg.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I agree. While the semi-bezel set is lovely, I think there would be more continuity in design between the w-band & e-ring if the e-ring were prong set like the Vatache/custom WF ring.

Glad we could help!
35.gif
PS has been a Godsend for me too!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results