shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something like this ?
2.gif

Twoblues.JPG

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Thank you Ana
16.gif

You have raised my spirits.

God bless.
17.gif

Paul

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 1:39:02 PM
Author: Iceberg

Jason, while looking at the threads yesterday of the replies for the height, a ring was posted by Paula C. I then clicked on her name and researched the threads she posted. From this I was able to find more pictures of her ring. I believe it was 7mm. AND the height seamed good to me but, what do I know ?

Is 7mm too high ? Is 6mm ok ? Would 7mm be appropriate for me or would 6mm be better ?

Paul
Hi Paul: I just caught your post. Regarding my ring at 7mm - it feels just right to me. Not too high and not too low. I personally wanted to retain the engagement ring feel with the center stone more prominent and that is why I selected this particular style with the sidestones set lower and straighter...not in as much of an arc as many 3 stones are. Again - as so many have said - it boils down to personal preference - and that's why there are so many types of rings out there. I would suggest not focusing on exact numbers and what Whiteflash or other experts would say about the "correct" height for rings...IMO there is no correct height. Everything is doable and boils down to your personal preference. Go with what speaks to you.

The one thing I learned from my experience (though I wouldn't change a thing) is that a band with stones (your promise ring) looks best next to a 3 stone that spans the width of the finger from side to side. I'm not sure the size of your girl's finger. Mine is a 7. And pears are more elongated than my RB sidestones. I think her finger is smaller than mine (?) and this combo of smaller ring size and elongated pears should definitely span her finger and look great with the band. Just something to keep in mind.

As far as my opinion on the cads - Jason is doing an incredible job! I would like to see your center stone sit a tad bit higher to give it more prominence...but again, that's just me!!!

Your girl is so lucky to have someone like you who is obviously putting so much effort into making her rings perfect. Just remember that "perfect" is a subjective term!!
31.gif

Best of luck in your decisions and I can't wait to see the finished product on your fiancee's hand!!

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Hello Paula. Thank you for your comments. BTW, the reason why I made more research on ''your'' ring is because I think it looks beautiful.
2.gif

Like you said - it boils down to personal preference - Indeed, instead of focusing on exact numbers and what Whiteflash or other experts would say about the "correct" height for rings... there is no correct height.

If memory serves me right, she also has a size 7 ring. I will have to steal her ring one of these days and size it......ya right, she''s smart....and she''ll know for sure.....I thought that buying the diamond and finding a setting would of been difficult. NOT ! Getting the size will be.

I also appreciated your comment regarding a ring looking best when next to a 3 stone that spans the width of the finger from side to side.

Thanks a bunch for complimenting me on my girl being lucky to have me. I, no, WE really do love eachother.

Paul (BTW Paula, I also like your name )
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2005 8:25:32 AM
Author: Iceberg

Everytime I read a posting from someone living in Australia, it makes me smile....bigger is not better in Australia.
Hm... actually, ''the other countries'' Platinumsmith mentiones account for the UK and several European addresses. Same here - the tall, simple settings are an American thing, as much as I can tell from my own expereince browsing jewelry shops on both sides of the pond
2.gif
Haven''t been to Australia yet.

To me, hanging a small diamond in the void above the finger does not make it look large - just strange
23.gif
But that''s pretty much a function of what I am used to, so don''t give it a second thought: go with what''s done and what she likes, if you know it.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
I have found that a lot of Americans like the settings to be more discreat and some of the higher settings that you would describe as temporary settings are becoming popular here as the final thing.

Canada also tends toward lower settings, from what I am told.

I guess we tend to have more practical tastes.

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Paul,

I''ll look at making it around 6.5 to 7mm tall. I closed on my house this weekend and we got mostly everything moved in. All is left is unpacking and cleaning my old apartment. Tonight, I think I set up my computer and work on this design. My fiance is off at a conference until late so that will be great for me and this design.

As for ring size, I''ve been building it with size 7 shank. A way you can try to get her ring size is get a hold of her current ring and measure the diameter of the inside of the ring. Use that number and look up online to find what size it is. I use conversion charts I find online to make the ring the right size in CAD.

Thanks for your patience!
jason

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Hi Jason,

Anxiously awaiting......can''t wait....can''t wait.

I''ll sneak the ring out tomorrow morning and measure.....

''SEE'' ya later !

paul

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2005 7:20:59 PM
Author: blueroses
I am literally laughing out loud, MrsF....that is SO APT, and SO FUNNY!!!!

Iceberg, I'm sorry!!! We don't mean to bombard you!!!

(Or maybe we do!!)
31.gif
31.gif

Blueroses, that pic is HILARIOUS, I'm literally LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I just finished reading the whole thread, and I just have to say that this is one of the coolest threads I've ever seen on Pricescope!!! It's a great example of people unselfishly helping other people to turn dreams and mental pictures into tangible realities! I can't wait to see the images from Jason as this ring continues to come together!!! And Paul, congratulations on your upcoming engagement! We can't wait to see hand pics once it's all said and done! :)

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread, makes me feel like there are so many good people in the world.

Ukieza: I just wanted to say that your work is beautiful! The ring with the pears is incredible.

Iceberg (Paul): You''ve put so much effort into this ring! I am also from Canada (Montreal, Quebec) so I know all about the hieght settings. Both my sister and I asked for the lowest settings possible. Both of us didn''t want our rings to get caught on anything.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-and-wf-ring.33483/=

So the height of my ring is about 6mm (the diamond actaully touches the band under it). I love it! It depends on what your girlfriend likes :)

For me personally, I would like the band you bought her (so pretty) to slide right under the diamond. Congrats on your future engagement by the way!

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
I worked the piece that attaches the point of the pear to the shank a day or so ago. Tonight and tomorrow I hope to do a lot more on it. Sorry I have no pics. They are all at home. I''m going to add the band around the middle/bottom of the centerstone and then the prongs to hold the round part of the pear.. then do some smoothing and blending to make it look softer and not so harsh.

Sorry it''s taking so long.

jason

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Well, I worked it some more FINALLY. Sorry it's taken so long. This whole buying a house then moving into is a LOT of work. I spent most of the weekend doing little things around the house that needed to be done and had to mow the lawn last night. Ha! Something my normal schedule didn't have when I lived in an apartment. Anyway...

Here is one of the renders I got from the ring. I didn't put the wedding band with it so you could see the ring itself. This has pretty much all the pieces to it now. The prongs for the pear was a challenge to make them look okay. Paul, do you have any ideas of what you'd like to see changed? Have you gone to the jeweler and started working the ring yet? Hopefully this design can help you out a bit.

My computer at home is currently running a render of the e-ring's top view. After work I'm going to start a side view and hopefully have those for you to see Thursday maybe Wednesday. I'll then make a render with both the e-ring and w-ring.

Here is the latest. Please note that this design has very harsh angles. In the polishing and finishing process they would mostlikely soften up some of the harsh angles and make them flow a little better. Would be more soldered and the such. Again, this is just a guide, not a totally finished product. That's why I asked a while back how finished you want it. I can smooth everything for you if you wish.

-jason

P.S. My centerstone design isn't an H&A. ;-) So disregard that. heh.

paulWband08Size7.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Trying another render program that is a little faster but might not produce as good of images.

-jason

paulWband09Size7.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Another. As for my comment about not being good quality... you can see a black dotted line around the shank where 2 surfaces meet.

-Ukieza (jason)

paulWband10Size7.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Another, top view... Again, not an H&A but.. it''ll due to get the point accross. ;-)

-jason

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Oops, forgot the file.

paulWband11Size7.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the flood of images but... this rendering software is pretty sweet and fast too. Here it is again, no stones. Top view.

paulWband12Size7.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now. little different view of the setting without the stones.

-jason

paulWband13Size7.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Both the wedding band and the engagement ring. Again, details can be softened by the jeweler in the e-ring. The wedding band is just a reference and hopefully I made it look similar to the one you currently have.

As for the spacing in these pictures between the e-ring and w-band.. it's 0.2mm which is about the thickness of 2 pieces of photocopy paper stacked up. So, bear in mind.. we are seeing this bigger than you'd probably beable to see it in real life!

-jason

paulWband14Size7.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Top down... I'm so sorry to anyone that's on modem looking at this thread. I didn't mean to flood you with photos. Just wanted to post these for Paul.

Any other angles or requests?
jason (ukieza)

paulWband15Size7.jpg

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Awesome work! It looks gorgeous!!!
3.gif

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Thanks.. any suggestions for change? Anything you don''t like?

-jason

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/11/2005 3:18:08 PM
Author: Ukieza
Another. As for my comment about not being good quality... you can see a black dotted line around the shank where 2 surfaces meet.

-Ukieza (jason)
Hi Jason...

If it were me (and it's not!!), I would prefer to see the innermost prongs that hold the pears to be straight - and to change the base of the center basket setting to accommodate it. Not sure you can even do that... See in this picture how there seems to be space between the bottom of the basket setting and the curved prongs holding the pears? I would like to see that space eliminated as much as possible with the pear prongs straightened out.

But again - that's just me.

Again - Awesome Job!!!

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Oops - the picture didn''t post in the last message...

See the spaces? I would try to make the base of the center basket wider, and straighten out the pear prongs so these metals are touching.

paulWbandv210Size7.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
PaulaC, this is what I need. ;-) Thanks!

So you are saying the pear prongs should be straighter and the centerstone basket''s bottom should be thinner? Could you refer to a picture number. If you look at the bottom of the picture in the post it''ll give a filename. I think I know what you mean but it would be nice to make sure. ;-)

Maybe this photo will do. See the red lines.. is this what you mean? Something like that? Before making this change I''ll see what Paul has to say about it. In the end it''s him that I''m doing it for. ;-) I was trying to get it to look like the vatche design. I do agree with you though Paula, it does seem to have a bit of space there. What if I angle the centerstone basket prongs to fill that space? Either way would work.

Thanks again!
jason

paulaCSugg01.jpg

Ukieza

Shiny_Rock
Ah, yeah.. sorry I posted before I got your post... so we were looking at the same pic. ;-)

As for what is possible... anything is possible in CAD. ;-) Just a matter of going to the jeweler''s bench that makes things tough... hehe.. your suggestion will not cause any strength concerns for structural integrity so.. it should be fine.

Thanks!
jason

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Yes, Jason - we were working on it at the same time...!!! I agree - either way will work to lessen the gap. To keep more of the Vatche look that Paul likes, I guess you should probably angle/widen the center basket base/prongs....

It's so nice of you to work on the ring like this. Very impressive!!

Iceberg

Rough_Rock
Awesome !!!!!

Absolutely beautiful. Jason thank you.

I saw the pics yesterday nite. Printed the images and went to the ring maker this morning.

Can''t wait to see the progress AND show you master craftman.

By the way, last week I went to have my diamond evaluated locally. I had bought my diamond on the internet and for the specs it cost me 3000$ canadian. When I gave my diamond for evaluation, I did not want to influence their judgment so, I did not give them any details.

The report gives the same specs ( VS2, G, Ideal cut.....HCA = 1.3 ) and valued at 8000$.
Holy mother......is there such a freaking price difference between the price paid in a B&M store and a internet site ????? I would of been robbed. I saved a bundle !!!

Jason. Thank you again for your time and effort.

Next time I write ya. It will be to show all the (Jason exclusive Blueroses PS Special)

Wonderful work buddy !!

Your friend, Paul
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iceburg,
What did your jeweler say about Jason''s design? will he be able to do something similar or use it in any way?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
OOh, Jason, great job!!!!! Ditto on MrsS''s question....I''d love to know what the jeweler said--I''ll bet her was impressed!! Iceberg, we can''t WAIT to see the real deal. LOVE this project!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results