shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help! I need pics of custom 1.5 carat RB bezel halos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaidjo

Rough_Rock
I hope some of the PSers out there have pics of a 1.5 RB in a halo. My jeweler is having problems getting proportions correct on my ring and a picture of someone else''s custom ring would help.

Thanks in advance.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some pics might pop up for you which may help, but in the meantime, many of the Pricescope rings with halos have been posted in this thread, which might be useful.

show me your rings with halos

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
just wanted to give you a bump. I can't think of a ring that has a 1.5 in a round halo of the top of my head. there are several designs out there which will should be able to give you the proprotions you might be after. The ritani, that you were trying to copy the first time. Check out www.artofplatium.com, the solitaire section. he's got all shapes and sized stones shown but the halo's are very delicate. also, pearlmans has a Daniel k round in a halo right now, it's smaller, 1.16 i think, but still a proportioned correctly.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/217CO1/24/<a href='

jaidjo

Rough_Rock
Thank you lorelei and mrssalvo! I talked to my jeweler today and they said they want to make me happy. She has to talk to her bench man, but she was saying how with the depth of my ring (I don''t think an abnormal depth for a 1.5 carat at 60% ), it had to be set higher therefore the large amount of metal in the bezel. I disagree with her explanation, but I think she is being honest with what SHE thinks and not what can actually be done. That''s why I wanted to show her diamonds that were the same size as mine in a bezel set. So far, all I have been able to show her were smaller diamonds and she seems to think that my larger diamond is what is making the proportions look off.

I''m getting a little worried that although they may want to make me happy and help me out, that they may not have the skills to pull this off.

8.gif

I''m hoping that they''ll still be able to make it look better, but for backup, does anyone have recs of jewelers who will remake a ring (with the original metal and stones)?

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 3:40:54 PM
Author: jaidjo

I''m hoping that they''ll still be able to make it look better, but for backup, does anyone have recs of jewelers who will remake a ring (with the original metal and stones)?
Hm, is your ring made of platinum? I don''t think platinum can be re-used (someone correct me if I''m wrong). I''m sure that the small stones could be salvaged, but my understanding is that the labor is what drives up the cost of pave, not the stones.

If I were having a custom ring made, I would turn to Leon Mege. His work is utter perfection!

Otherwise, you could always set your stone in a designer piece (there are other halos out there besides the Ritani Endless Love...I think you mentioned in your other thread that you didn''t like the profile of the Ritani). That is, if your current jeweler is amenable to refunding your money for the work they''ve already done...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results