shape
carat
color
clarity

plain wedding band or diamond wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I''m trying to maximize the size of my six prong platinum round solitaire. It''s almost 2 carats. Would a plain band spotlight the diamond more or would a band with 7 diamonds around .08-.10 pointers do that job better? I''ve been to B&M''s to try both on & it''s really difficult to figure it out without taking it home & looking at it there. Maybe someone who has experienced both a plain band & a diamond band partnered with a large solitaire could jump in with their .02 please?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

Here's a thread where you can have a look at solitaire rings with eternity style bands (and some with plain bands).

Personally, I love the look at diamonds everywhere
9.gif
, but the look of a solitaire with diamond band is classic and will not go out of style. It depends on your own tastes as well - have u tried on different sized diamond bands to see which combination suits your ring better?

Edited to add: Ame had a diamond band to go with her solitaire ering, and it's in the thread referenced above too, and she's got a new plain band (and changed her eternity band) to go with her ring which is stunning too:

eringplainband1.jpg

wbandering1.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am planning to go with the half-eternity band. I am hoping to get a 2 carat RB in a 6 prong tiff setting as well. IMO- as long as the dimonds aren''t so large that they compete with THE diamond, then you are okay.

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
I have a small diamond solitaire but am partial to the diamond bands myself. Especially if your solitaire band is plain. It really makes a ring go "POW".

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
In addition to the band with small round diamnonds you may want to consider another option. How about something like this? I find that the contrast between the baguettes and the rounds looks very well next to a large round solitaire.

baguette round band.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. I love the look of a plain band of the same width next to your e-ring or the look of a band with smaller diamonds. My favorite is all three stacked.
12.gif
Just make sure if you go with a diamond band you choose smaller stones.

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, doing one diamond band on top and one on the bottom with the solitaire is also very cool. I prefer the smaller round diamonds, channel-set into a band.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2005 4:04:44 AM
Author: JadeLeaves
Hi!

Edited to add: Ame had a diamond band to go with her solitaire ering, and it''s in the thread referenced above too, and she''s got a new plain band (and changed her eternity band) to go with her ring which is stunning too:

eringplainband1.jpg

wbandering1.jpg
I say if it''s financially feasible, go with BOTH. Get a diamond band, Id say not full eternity though, and a plain one and you can wear all three or just one or the other, etc. It gives oyu more options.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Ame. Get both if you can afford it. I have a plain gold band that I wear alone or with my solitaire. I also have a full eternity band with channel set rounds, a half eternity band with 5 rows of channel set rounds, and a half eternity band with princess cuts. They all look great with my round solitaire. I didn''t get them all at once, obviously. I had the plain band first for a long time, and gradually added the diamond bands as funds became available for such purchases. I also have a five stone diamond prong set band that looks nice with my solitaire, but I prefer to wear that one as a RH ring.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out this thread ...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cosmo-bride-celebrity-rings-special-pics.26004/

I was suprised at how many celebs (Reese, Selma, others) with big bling wore it with a plain band. I LOVE that look.

Also, Carmen Electra (not a fan - but beautiful rings) has a big honkin'' solitaire with an eternity band.

But - also would echo the ladies that said, if you can, get both (at least eventually). What fun to mix & match ...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Personally I like the matched look, it is classic. However if you can afford it I dont see why both would be a bad option. You could have them both blessed at your wedding and then alternate depending on how you feel/are dressed.

Kaylan- I love your avatar!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results