shape
carat
color
clarity

Plain and simple. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nabwong

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Just got my simple ering from JA. Stats click here

It looks pretty good. The only thing is that on the date of the cert on the top left ( on the website ) was missing and when I got the cert, it was dated 2004. Don''t know if it''s a big deal to get a diamond with a 4 year old cert. What do you think?

Here are some pics. Gonna propose this week!
36.gif

diamond 1 small copy.jpg

nabwong

Rough_Rock
pic 2. Notice the fiber at the 8 o'clock prong. Should I pull it out?

diamond 2 small copy.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think the ring looks beautiful! I don''t know about the four year old cert... It doesn''t seem like a big deal to me, but standards may have changed in 4 years, so it mihjt be graded a little differently now. But, if you like the way it looks, who cares? As for the fiber... just have the ring cleaned before you give it to her if your worried about everything looking perfect. Good luck with your engagement!! Give us some hand shots!!
19.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous! Come back with hand shots after you propose, please!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring and very nice stone. Good luck with the proposal!

I wouldn''t worry about the fuzzy. She can swipe it out with a baby toothbrush when she cleans her ring. I don''t think I''ve ever gotten a new ring without a few fuzzies. It happens during the setting process.

nabwong

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the nice comments. I just got my beginner''s ideal scope today. It was kinda hard to analyze what I saw because

1. The diamond is already set - I don''t know if this affects the outcome
2. I probably don''t have the right light - I used my table lamp and tried to diffuse it with paper
3. Can''t compare with other stones - cos this is my first

Anyway, under all these circumstances, the overall color was more pinkish than reddish. The table part of the stone was slightly lighter than the outer part, so I guess my stone, according to idealscope is a little deeper ( got a HCA of 1.5 ). I could also see the arrows, though not perfectly symmetrical.

The good news is that I could not find the inclusions using this 6x scope. I tried for 10 mins and gave up. I have a 10x and 20x loupe coming. So maybe I can find it then; hopefully not though.
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful ring, such a classic look. I am sure that your GF will love it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, it is beautiful!!! More pics please!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the ring and the upcoming proposal.
36.gif

The ring is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the hand shots.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
I am going to echo what everyone else has said and ask for more pictures! The ring looks lovely and graceful. Congratulations!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, and I don''t think you have much to worry about with the stone. But...is it me or does the head look like it''s rotated a few degrees clockwise compared with the band? I''m not sure if that''s noticeable in person, but I would try to have it corrected before you propose.

nabwong

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments! You know what, I love how the ring looks on her finger. I''m quite convinced I got what I wanted. She''s also very happy with it.

I proposed to her during the fireworks finale at the 4th of July celebration in Boston. Her office overlooks the charles river, so we had a perfect view and it was nice, cozy and private. I haven''t had time to take handshots but I will try to. She''s rushing to finish her thesis, which is due in a week.

The head does look slightly rotated, doesn''t it. I''m gonna have to return it to have it resized, so I think I will ask JA to correct the alignment. I got a 10x and 20x scope recently but I''m struggling to find the inclusions. Maybe I''m just a novice and don''t know how to do it. Anyway, we''ll be getting the diamond appraised next week, so I''m sure they''ll be able to show me where the inclusions are. :)

nabwong

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Here is the handshot. Sorry I took so long. This diamond looks so much nicer on a finger.

*pic taken with my engagement gift =)

handshot sx100.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results