shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of the finished engagment ring with wedding band!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rob79

Rough_Rock
Here is the engagment ring that I posted on here before, now with the finished band, Please let me know what you think. It is Plat 950. The details of the engagement ring have been posted previously, but I welcome comments on both pieces''s. Thanks

Rob794.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
How are you posting your pictures? I just can't seem to get it right.

Rob79

Rough_Rock
You have to have a unique name to them, I use Rob791,2,3,4. Then they have to be under 100K. I use photoshop to optomize them. I hope this helps, but you did not comment on the rings >
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Rob, lots of bling going on there.
It's lovely. Thanks for sharing the pics. And nice ones I might add.
Do you have the link to the original thread?

Rob79

Rough_Rock
Here is the original Thread.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-princess-cut-3-stone-ring.14710/

The specs on everything are throughout this thread.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you designed it too. How special.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Finally I have pictures of my engagement ring. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to post the pictures. Oh well, no dramatic story to tell on the diamond search except that my fiancee' who is in the Navy Reserves had basically a 2 days notice that he would be deployed for training and then off to Iraq. This killed our budget and my engagement ring size went from about 1 carat to about 3/4 carat. The good news is that I am extremely happy with my ring. It is so beautiful! It sparkles like crazy and the compliments just keep coming. I said it before but I know for a fact that I would not have been able to get such a gorgeous ring if it were not for the price scope members advice and knowledge.

I got the ring from Blue Nile and they sent an in house appraisal but of course I had to have the ring checked out by a local appraiser. By the way I was trying to use one of the appraisers, Penney Jones-Napier that was listed on price scope but the number wasn't working right, so I had an appraisal done by D. Spadea who works up and down the east coast. He said that diamond is absolutely beautiful and that he does many appraisals on online jewelry venders. He asked me twice how much the diamond was ~:>) and was impressed! Thanks again.

The specs are

.71 Round
I color
VS-1 clarity
61.9% Depth
57% Table
Good Polish
Good Symmetry
Platinum 6 prongs
18 karat yellow gold setting
Seller Blue Nile
GIA # Laser Inscribed
Blue Nile In-house appraisal $4800
Independent Appraisal $5000

Rob79

Rough_Rock
Some people wanted me to post my proposal from the original thread, this is how it went, I booked the Roman Luxry theme room at the West Edmonton Fantasy land Hotel. I then Told my fiance to be that I had a business meeting up there and she could come as it was a two day thing. I then phoned the Fantasy land Grill and got them to mail me the menu so that I could customize it. We went up and I pretended to go to my conference, while she shopped, really I was gettign everything ready and making sure everything would go according to plan. I had the hotel have it so we would not go to the real hotel room until after supper. They put us in one of the executive suites. She had a nap there and then we went to supper, we had a nice supper and then I had them bring us this menu. As she read it over I waited until she got to the bottom, than I got on one knee and said the bottom part out loud. She started to cry and said Yes, Of Course, Yes.
We than went back to our hotel room the real one after supper, and she was even more suprised. I added the romance package to the room so we got a bottle of champge to robes, some bailey's, two champagne glasses, etc and got to keep them all (Nice memory). So that is my story. I hope this has pleased some, and I guess I should post this in the proposal section. also.

menu6.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OH that's beautiful Rob. So romantic.
Congrats.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, thanks a whole lot for making me cry! Darn beautiful story...

That'll teach me to feed my PS addiction over my lunch break!

Seriously, nicely done, CONGRATS!!!
1.gif

Rob79

Rough_Rock
Well, I am glad someone got some enjoyment out of my story. I am very happy with how the pieces turned out. For my ring I am thinking of getting a titanium band as it is very light which I like for my line of work plus it is hypoalagenic.

Rob79

Rough_Rock
Should be receiving the peices today, please keep the comments coming, positive and negative and I appreciate both >
2.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rob,
Let me first congratulate you on the beautiful choice of stones (I just checked the original post) and I'm really impressed with the specs of the stones. They are really great princess cuts with beatiful table % and crown height. I personally own a princess cut with less than perfect cut, and I always wish I could do is over again.

As for the critique you asked for, here goes: I am not overly fond of the L-shaped prongs on princess cuts. Even though jewelers have told me that it's safer (protects the corners etc), and makes the stone appear larger etc etc. I think the design would look cleaner (especially since it's a 3-stone ring) with just regular sturdy round prongs. That's JMO!

Crawling back under my rock!

PS: congratulations on your upcoming engagement!

Rob79

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments on the stones, I am very happy with the stones I have chosen, they are amazing preformers. As for the prongs, I ended up going with the V-shape (L-Shape) prong for the reason you presented, the protection factor, my Fiance is a grade 3 teacher and uses her hands alot as I am sure you can imagine, I talked with lots of custom jewelers and they all said for the protection factor they would suggest it if I wanted it to be a lifelong peice, so I went with it. After I had gotten that decided, I started to design the setting's. I decided since I am going with the V-prong I should probably keep the rest of the settings with the squared look, especially since I was also using princess stones. I did want something unique so I actually used the side setting of the middle stone to hold the side stones inside corners, it is quite unique I think as I have not seen this done. Anyways, I appreciate your comments, keep them coming!!! >
2.gif

SLH

Shiny_Rock
Rob79,

I love this design. In fact, Mark Morrell is working on a ring for me with the same design concept.

SLH

Rob79

Rough_Rock
SLH

Thanks for the comments, you will have to post your ring when it is done, I am sure Mark will create something absolutly stunning!! >
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results