shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of my cushion halo, and a question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Hi everybody! I wanted to post some pictures of my e-ring and get your honest advice.

My ring is a 1.55 F VS2 cushion brilliant with a Saturn micropave halo setting. My finger is a size 4.

I really love my ring--no question about that--and I think my fiance is the sweetest, most caring guy in the world. I absolutely do not want to hurt his feelings.

My concern about the ring is the opposite of that of many of the ladies here on Pricescope: I love it, but I fear that it''s a bit larger and more glamorous than a ring that I would have chosen for myself. I''ve worn it for about a year now figuring that DSS would eventually take care of the "problem" LOL, but my feelings are still mixed.

So what I''m now wondering is, do you think that removing the halo would preserve the beauty of the ring but reduce the glam factor to a manageable level? Or should I just get over myself and continue to grow into this look?

I adore cushions and do think that I would prefer a simpler setting on my own hand, but I *do not* want to make my guy feel that he did a bad thing by going all out for me (he was so proud of himself!) -- so if removing the halo wouldn''t really simplify the ring, it''s not worth the trouble.

Thanks for listening and for any words of wisdom!

RingReduced01.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would wait a little longer and see how you feel. It is a gorgeous ring and the older you get, you may appreciate the bling factor. I liked very simple when I was a young bride
at 20, but within 5 years, I was ready for more sparkle. Since you ring is undeniably beautiful, I would probably give it a little longer.

That said, I am sure your guy would want you to be happy. I would get a gemstone to fit that baby and wear it as a right hand ring, if you changed to a simpler setting. Make sure you go
and try a few cushion solitaires on before you make a final decision. Good luck. Your ring is simply beautiful.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW, I don''t think the ring looks too big on your hand. The ring is absolutely beautiful, but if you aren''t comfortable with it, a reset would not be difficult. If you decide you don''t like it, you always have your OG setting.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think the ring is gorgeous and looks great on your finger. It''s not too blingy but if you feel uncomfortable .. a non-halo setting will be more simply.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
lightningbug, I think i remember you - don''t you have the Saturn setting? I LOVE this ring (it sent me calling the company even!), and seems perfect with the stone and your finger size. You''ve had this awhile now, so I''m not sure that more time woud change your feelings. I''d just hate to see such a gorgeous ring taken apart!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a gorgeous ring! Not overly flashy at all, it's quite lovely.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Personally, it''s a stunning ring! See how you feel after giving it some more time, but if you''re still uncomfortable, then see about having it reset in a simplier setting. Go out and try on a cushion solitaire in your carat and check out how it looks on your finger, then use the original setting as a gemstone RHR.

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, guys -- that''s good, practical advice. I think it makes a ton of sense to at least go TRY ON a 1.5 cushion solitaire, instead of squinting at my ring with one eye and trying to imagine it without the halo. :) I don''t know why I didn''t do that from the beginning, doh. So then...I''ll do that, and unless I just love the look of a simpler setting on my hand I''ll be patient and reassess down the road. I agree that the worst thing would be to take a pretty ring apart and then have regrets in 5 years, but it''s also true that if I keep the setting for a RHR I''ll always have the option to go back. I can''t lose.

Thanks for the compliments, too.

Cellentani, yes, that was me! :) Hi!
35.gif

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is sheer perfection and you should just rock it and enjoy!

You should try it on with wedding bands too. You may find that when you add a second ring it changes the look and somehow makes the whole thing feel more "you".

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that the ring is a true perfection exactly the way it is and it doesn''t look huge (in the bad way
5.gif
)on your hand at all. It looks wonderful on your hand and honestly i feell that it would be such a sin to take something so beautiful, so perfect, so...
30.gif
and alter it in any way
17.gif
. I''m sorry to express such a strong opinion on the matter, but since you''re asking us for our true opinion, i thought i''d give it to you! I lllllove your ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I''m jealous of it
27.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I think your ring looks PERFECT on your hand! The size, the proportions - all of it just looks RIGHT. I wouldn''t change a thing
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful!
I think it''s awesome that you are not a conventional type of girl. I''m sure your individuality is what made your guy fall in love with you. Personally, I''ve also tried on bigger diamond rings and felt uncomfortable with the way they look, so I totally understand how you feel.
Your ring is stunning and looks great on you, but it''s not about what we think, it''s how you feel that matters. If it''s been a year I don''t think it will grow on you any more than it has.
Removing the halo will take away some of the "bling factor", and make it appear a bit smaller without shrinking it right down (it will still be much bigger than average).
You could always explain to your guy that you feel a bit uncomfortable wearing a ring with so many diamonds where they can get knocked out, and that it would make you feel more comfortable to wear it every day if you removed the halo.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so pretty that I had to add it to the cushion thread. Hope you don''t mind!
9.gif

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thanks for your kind compliments, everybody. Laila619, thank you for adding me to the cushion thread--my ring is honored to be in such beautiful company. Nataliesamaras, you are adorable and so sweet, and I surely do appreciate your vote of confidence (and yours too, Brown.Eyed.Girl!). Kribbie, I hear you and that''s good advice. I know that HE would prefer that I wear it everyday, so emphasizing practicality might be persuasive without sacrificing sentimentality. Also, thank you for your thoughtfulness. I work for a public interest/non-profit type organization and encounter a lot of people who have fewer financial resources and educational opportunities than I''ve had, so it''s a balance. Dreamer_daschsie, I''ll work on rocking the rock, and you''re right--trying on bands might change my perspective.

I''ll keep y''all posted. Thanks again!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I love, love, love your setting!!! Why don''t you give it a little more time before you decide what to do. I think you may end up LOVING your beautiful bling!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

eyue

Rough_Rock
Lightningbug, I think your ring looks PERFECT on your hand. It is gorgeous and delicate at the same time. However, I know what you mean when you say you sometimes wish you had a simpler setting. I also have a halo e-ring that I just love, but I''ve occasionally wished for a classic solitaire setting (grass is greener?). So what did I do...? I went online and bought a CZ solitaire to play around with. Sometimes I''ll wear it on my right hand, sometimes I''ll wear it at home for a few hours and pretend it''s my e-ring. And I love the simple classic look. The funny thing is though, since I''ve gotten it (a month), I''ve almost gotten over the urge of having a solitaire and I don''t really wear it much. I love my halo and the intricate design and would never change it. But when the urge strikes me for a simpler ring, I just break out the CZ and then the urge is gone.

Try that, and if it turns out you still want the solitaire, then you can invest in it.

See the CZ I got from Emitations. (Just to give you an idea, since I don''t want to show off a CZ in this forum.)

tpa_2090_2153922582.jpg

Collee

Shiny_Rock
IMO, your stone AND setting is PURE perfection.
30.gif
I am beyond hoping that my *in progress* 1.67ct cushion (halo setting, ring size 5) has same PERFECTLY SIZED finger coverage as yours does.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I say wear it and see if it grows on you. Do you just feel out of place wearing it? Do you think people are looking at you weird or something? Exactly what is it that bothers you?

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness I LOVE it, I think the proportions are just perfect on your hand. I don''t think it''s too blingy at all, but that''s personal.
Only you know how your FI would react to changing the ring. Some guys have a lot of pride about picking the perfect ring, as they should if they put work and thought into it! But if it makes you uncomfortable, hopefully he would understand removing the halo.

Would you consider pairing it with a plain wedding band to make the look a little simpler?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Step away from the ring
27.gif
It''s perfectly beautiful just the way it is!! Truly, it''s a wonderful piece and looks just right on your hand
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results