shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures! My Cushion and Custom Greenlake Setting Have Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
O, where to start….Most people want to see the ring, I know, know, and I’ve taken plenty of pictures. However, I would like to mention a few things first. For those that have been following my progress https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-cushion-with-setting-to-follow-shortly.73335/
you know this has been a long process. A lot of that had to do with finding the stone, and that took about 2 months to locate. My experience with Greenlake, http://gljw.com/ was absolutely wonderful and I promise I will do a full write-up on the whole process for those who are interested.

I need to acknowledge Machick for getting me started https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-w-82-marquise-with-greenlake-jewelry-works-custom-setting.45411/ without her ring as my inspiration I don’t think I could have pulled this together from scratch. My stone was based off of Boston_Jeffs and Cehras, who have truly started a cult following with those old mine brilliants, especially Jeff’s. No need to post the link, I think the majority of us have the images burned into our brain.

1.gif
When I first met with Mark T. at ERD I started describing the stone I was looking for and told him I would send pictures. He asked me where I got the pictures from and I told him Pricescope.com. The next words out of his mouth were, “let me guess, Boston Jeff”? I just laughed. So long story short, before I saw that stone, I was really clueless and was considering emerald cuts. Once I saw that cushion though, I knew that was it! To note, I didn’t end up getting my stone from ERD (it’s a long story) but I can’t speak highly enough of Mark and ERD. If you’re in the market for a stone, you would be crazy not to call him.

As for the proposal, I’m going to keep that quiet for now; I’m still working out some of the details. It should be very soon though and I will post the whole story along with hand shots.

So, here it is….

DSC00799.JPG

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! I can''t wait to hear your story and see hand shots!

Good luck and wonderful taste!!!!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh.

Wow - I just love it, love it love it. When do you plan to propose? I hope we get to see hand pictures as well!

Bravo. Excellent job. You win the prize in my book.
36.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is amazingly beautiful - thank you for documenting the process so scrupulously! I''ve been enjoying every update. But, since I''m also a greedy rodent ... any chance of a head-on, face-up shot or two? The prongs look gorgeous!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
it''s simply beautiful, gorgeous, stunning.....I could go on and on!
IT really is one of a kind and beautiful. I love the double prongs, the head so you can see the whole thing, the sapphires, the engraving......

When will it be on your lady''s hand?
31.gif

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments guys! Truly apprecited. I couldn''t be happier with the way it turned out.

As for the handshots....within the next 2 weeks
1.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
pauly, it''s a lovely ring and honestly, I think it''s nicer in it''s proportions than where you started initially. I like the two sapphires closer together on your ring, it''s just lovely. Looks like it has plenty of fire too. Looking forward to seeing handshots once the proposal is done. Congrats dude, and well done!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
pauly,
It''s just gorgeous, she''s going to flip when she sees it!!! Love the setting, it''s a WOW!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
6.gif

Pauly, that is truly, truly phenomenal. A labour of love indeed! You should be proud to bursting and I''m sure your lady will be blown away!

Good luck with the engagement; not that you need it!
9.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Magnificent - I love it! It really is a perfect balance of deco and modern design elements.

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! It is simply AMAZING. She is one lucky girl to have a guy like you putting so much time and thought into her ring.

Congrats and Good luck...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous, pauly!! She is going to be totally blown away. Good luck on the proposal [not that you need it!] and please come back with lots of hand shots for us to drool over.
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2008 3:23:17 PM
Author: pauly1
OK, I''ll stop here for now.
Why stop now? Yer on a roll!

That is one beautiful, fawry diamond you have there. I do believe it would look good with a couple twist ties on the side.
9.gif
However, the setting you chose is much better.
2.gif

Congrats on putting together a truly unique piece. I would say good luck, but really, how could she say no??!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
PAULY!!!

THIS RING IS PHENOMENAL!
36.gif
30.gif

It looks incredible. I was staring at it and literally had to close my mouth. It is simply gorgeous.
I''m really happy for you and excited about your soon to be proposal.
Wishing you the best of luck & congratulations to you for the success that all of your hard work and dedication has created.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful pictures!!! I love the design of this ring. I also love those surprise sapphires. They are such a beautiful color, very nice melee! She is going to be thrilled, good luck with the proposal!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
My goodness, it turned out even better than the CAD drawing! It''s just beautiful, and I love the blue sapphire accents. The stone is beyond amazing!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Ooooo! Love the ''surprise'' sapphires! There''s a lot of fire in that stone! Nice job!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
love1.gif
Oh My Goodness, that ring is Perfection!!!!!!
love1.gif
The details and the sapphires and the delicious stone, ahhhhhhh
congrats.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i love love loveeee...your setting!! ::drooooooooooooooooolll::

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results