shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics taken with my NEW Canon Rebel XSI, what a difference !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
What a difference the camera makes. These pics were taken with the 55-200mm lens (Macro), and turned out so clear, crisp, and in focus! This is my newly reset diamond solitaire and bezel eternity band. I LOVE THIS CAMERA!!

Rings with the XSi.jpg

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
wow...those pics could be in a catalog! amazing...beautiful!!!
your rings are stunning!!!
I''m just starting to fall in love with bezel set bands...yours is gorgeous!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that camera does wonders!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I love your rings!!! Nice shots........
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks..I took some amazing pics outside (non-jewelry), and I uploaded them to my computer. I am still trying to re-size, and play with them a bit. HUGE learning curve!! I am taking courses, and who knows..this could turn into a small business for me. I LOVE photography, especially with the new camera!! It's pretty much impossible to get a decent pic of something as small as a ring with a Macro lens, or Macro, and a great camera! Glad you like them!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
NIIIIICE! Wow, beau13, those new shots are incredible! Beautiful photos and stunning rings!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Dover Jewelers in Miami, they sell on E-bay too!
Date: 7/14/2008 7:20:04 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Uhm Beau... where did you find your band? I know you''d said before but I can''t remember??
33.gif
So perfect with your solitaire!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''ve been waiting for some ps diamond macros with a nice new canon rebel! i''ve been wanting one for a while, but i''ve never seen any macro diamond pics. and when i borrowed a friend''s she didn''t have the macro lens. and as hard as i tried, i thought my regular canon took better pics
6.gif

whoo hoo! thank you!!

diamond_lover1

Rough_Rock
your rings are gorgeous and the pics are great! i want a new camera, i was thinking about a canon but i dont remember the model, something with a "U" in it i think. gotta wait a bit, theres a "freeze" on right now
emwink.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Last shot of the rings..das all I got!!
Wait until I really master my camera..Muaaaahhhh!
emwink.gif

canon XSI lovely rings.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What great pictures Beau. What a difference a new camera makes. Love your rings!!!!!!

Linda

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Beau - when I saw your photos, my draw dropped. They are fantastic! From the looks of them, it seems as if you have figured out your camera, well done!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 8:06:46 PM
Author: omieluv
Beau - when I saw your photos, my draw dropped. They are fantastic! From the looks of them, it seems as if you have figured out your camera, well done!
Nooooo..far from it..Macro is easy, all the rest is like Chinese. It will take hours and hours for months and months for me to really familarize myself with the camera. Next test shot is the "water droplet"..not as easy as it looks!
emwink.gif

Thanks for the feedback on the pics. Do you think there is a market for "jewelry photographer"? HA! Babies and weddings would be far more fun I think! (on 2nd thought, I do love photographing sparklie diamonds!)

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow beau, those are amazing shots! If you set your rings against a pale gray background like Whiteflash does, or a charcoal background like Leon does, they''d look like pro shots. They''re incredibly clear, crisp and dimensional. Please take some more.
You need practice, right?
2.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Great pics beau! I don''t think I''ve figured out macro mode yet. Mine don''t come out anything like that.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2008 8:33:39 PM
Author: gemgirl
Wow beau, those are amazing shots! If you set your rings against a pale gray background like Whiteflash does, or a charcoal background like Leon does, they''d look like pro shots. They''re incredibly clear, crisp and dimensional. Please take some more.
You need practice, right?
2.gif
I never noticed the backdrop for Leon''s and WF''s pics..I will have to check that out, and come up with my own unique style for photographing jewlery. I will need a couple for my portfolio.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
i adore that bezel set band, so beautiful!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
YEY Beau! Great shots - you are so enthusiastic - I love that about you!!!

Um, that pic on the basketweave = GORGOSSITY!!!

wanna come to my house and photograph my set?
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I knew you would love the macro lens! You just wait - go out and find some flowers, you''ll be AMAZED at the bokeh.

Your rings are really amazing, I LOVE your bezel band like everyone else :D

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MelaLu..I would definitely come to your house and photograph your beautiful collection! That would be FUN,FUN,FUN! Be there in what..3 hrs? lol
Thanks for the link Omieluv, I will check it out most definitely
I can see me studying, researching, practicing, and soaking in soooo much about photography over the next few months! (why wasn''t I that enthusiastic about University)?
emotion-19.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
You and your canon take spectacular photos! Of course, if you had crappy rings they''d just be crappy photos . . .

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 10:20:38 AM
Author: RxTechRN2b
You and your canon take spectacular photos! Of course, if you had crappy rings they''d just be crappy photos . . .
You''re funny Terry. Thanks. I believe a GREA photographer can make ANYTHING look beautiful in images. As a makeup artist, I''ve seen some bridal party members that I''ve worked on, look worse or even better (when I;m done with them) in a photo depending on the photographer!

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
These photos are spectacular!! And of course, again, your rings are lovely! I love that you found such a great band to go with the legato setting!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 10:57:30 AM
Author: legatogirl
These photos are spectacular!! And of course, again, your rings are lovely! I love that you found such a great band to go with the legato setting!
Thanks Legatogirl, HOWEVER it is not a Legato setting (I wish), just a rinky dink cathedral setting, that has a Stuller solstice head attached to look a little different!! I love it though!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow......those are beatiful shots....Can you take some floral ones for us too?
9.gif
I bet those would look fabulous. thanks for sharing. Now I want a new camera!
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results