shape
carat
color
clarity

Photos so huge they won't upload

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Finally, I have some photos of my rings. Lovely photos that I'd like to share. However, I don't know if I'm a lousy photographer and don't know my camera well enough to take the right photos to start with, or if I'm just exceedingly lame at making my photos smaller. Currently, even though they appear normal sized in my files, they are HUGE when I open them. As in "WHOA, those are massive!" :o

Am I an idiot who needs to carefully read the tutorial about photo posting, or is this a much simpler fix that can be explained to me "Photo Sizing For Dummies" style?

Help! Maybe I can get these long awaited photos posted. Outside of stock photos, no one here has actually seen my rings.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In my program, when I scroll over the photo, it gives me an "Edit" option: I click edit, go to the taskbar to "Tools," go to "Resize," and then make the photo 10% of what it is by default - like, 300 x 300 as opposed to 3000 x 3000. Good luck, I can't wait to see!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1308174830|2946930 said:
In my program, when I scroll over the photo, it gives me an "Edit" option: I click edit, go to the taskbar to "Tools," go to "Resize," and then make the photo 10% of what it is by default - like, 300 x 300 as opposed to 3000 x 3000. Good luck, I can't wait to see!

I've tried the usual things that one would normally do. If I use your suggestion, it makes a smaller photo by giving me only the upper left corner of the photo. So I get background and no ring. It isn't actually resizing the image so much as it is cropping it.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
We (DH and I) emailed these photos from his computer to mine. Should we resize, attempt to resize, the original images on his computer? Probably, huh?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hm, actually, it sounds like you're trying to resize in Photoshop - same thing happens to me when I mess around with that. Hopefully, someone who knows that program will chime in.

I have much better luck with Microsoft Picture Manager. Do either of you have that on your computers? Can you download it, perhaps?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I have Picture Manager, so I'll resize there. I attempted at 50% of the original size, and it's still telling me it is "invalid". Could it still be too large?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I think I may have just done my first photo! Yeah! On to the next one!

IMG_0177[1].JPG

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
The last photo was e-ring and new Memoire band.

This photo has wedding band in between:

(I think I won't do 'autocorrect' on the color anymore. I'm not pink IRL. :bigsmile: )

IMG_0157[1].JPG

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I bought this ruby and diamond OGI band from my jeweler with money I had saved on my wedding florals. Before the wedding, I kept the e-ring company by wearing this on my middle finger.

IMG_0165[1].JPG

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
The four I wear most ever day; the Amy Levine seed bead band on my middle finger.

With flash and without flash:

IMG_0181[1].JPG

IMG_0186[1].JPG

Eilonwy

Shiny_Rock
How funny I was only today thinking about a princess cut halo ering with a plain band and here it materialises on your finger! Gorgeous BTW! What's the specs?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
The nitty gritty specs like exact measurements are long out of my head; I'd have to look them up. Wherever the papers are . . .

Center stone is .92, F, VS2. It has 24 diamonds in the halo, and 10 additional diamonds between the basket and the halo. Total cts. are somewhere around 1.20. If I remember correctly, it was a VG cut, EX polish, no fluorescence.

But ask me breadth, depth, and girdle and I dunno.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results