shape
carat
color
clarity

Pears, Baguettes, & Rounds. - oh my!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I finally have my forever mounting! It only took 328 tries (just kidding..sort of :lol: ) but I'm so happy! I had set my diamond into a platinum solitaire mounting and while it was pretty, after having a halo it was someone blah. I knew I would eventually reset again but thought I wanted to go back to a halo but wasn't 100% sure. I went through all of the ring pictures I've saved over the years and saw a common theme- milgraining, bezels, some pave, blue sapphires. Most of them with a edwardian or art deco feel to them. I've posted several times how much I adore Tacori E-rings set and decided I wanted a ring that had a similar feel to it. I thought I would have to go custom ir would be searching for awhile but ended up stumbling upon a setting that was 1) exactly what I wanted 2) discounted heavily so it was within my budget and most importantly 3) DH LOVED it! He's not a ring guy, but when I showed him the picture of it he have two thumbs up. :bigsmile: The best part is, while I don't plan on changing the setting, I DO plan on changing the center stone in a few years. Possibly an emerald cut or a larger round. It was important to me that the setting be able to change heads.

It is .50tcw, pave on the sides :love: , milgraining :love: , bezel pears with milgraining :love: :love: , and baguettes :love: ! I changed the head from a 4 prong to a 6 prong platinum head and asked the jeweler to set it as low as possible. I'm currently pairing it with a plain 2mm band until I decide what type of diamond band. I love Vesper's ID Jewelers sapphire and diamond band and had planned on buying one this fall. I think it would go wonderfully together! But am open to suggestions on other bands as well!

newringlovingit.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
My boys were playing with a Lite Brite set early this morning and I thought it made for a cool background shot! :lol:

litebritenewringbeautiful.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I think this is the last shot... Can you tell I just love this ring? I was so excited to get it back I was practically bouncing in the car on the way to pick it up! lol

bluerocks111.jpg

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful... :knockout: What are the stats on the center stone?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!! Good choice on the 6 prong head. Is the setting from Jared?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's REALLY pretty! I love how unique it is and I love everything about it. The lite brite pic is so cute!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful! I love it with the round, but I think an emerald cut would be beautiful in it too. I agree that it is traditional in a non-traditional way. It is very unique (I mean that in the best way!)

Congratulations

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Anastasia- Thank you! 8)

HappyNewLife- Thank you so much! I can't wait to see your new ring! I hope you post pictures 8)

Laila- Thank you! It is from Jared's (Jared.com from their Vault Value section) which was the last place I really was planning on purchasing from. Not because I think badly of them but because I really didn't think I would find what I wanted there. :)

RHBgirl- Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate it 8)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!!!! How could it not be anybody's "cup of tea!" It looks great on your hand!!!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It's so pretty with such gorgeous details! Glad you found your forever ring.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Motownmama- well, given the :knockout: post above, it's clearly not everyone's and that's ok! It's my ring and no one else's. Thank you for the kind words! :D

Legra- Thank you so much! :))

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!! Its so beautiful :love: :love: :love:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
And here is the stock photo of the side view. The prongs that came with it were scary- poke your eye out- big! I had them change it out to platinum 6 prong head, set as low as possible. Love it so much more!

Jared 2.jpg

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
It's not usually what I would favor, but I think your new ring is truly lovely! And so much prettier on you IRL than in the Jared glamour shot!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its def my cup of tea! I really like it! It has lots to look at. Very pretty!

nice ice

Shiny_Rock
many thumbs up, and another cup of tea, please~ I love this ring :love: :love: :love: well done

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Feb03Bride said:
Motownmama- well, given the :knockout: post above, it's clearly not everyone's and that's ok! It's my ring and no one else's. Thank you for the kind words! :D

Feb03Bride....I am sorry if you thought I didn't like your ring. It is quite pretty..... :love: ...So sorry!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Taylorbug! said:
Feb03Bride said:

Feb03Bride....I am sorry if you thought I didn't like your ring. It is quite pretty..... :love: ...So sorry!

It's ok Taylor! I thought since you posted the :knockout: you didn't care for it! Thank you for the compliment!! :)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Eskie- Thank you! I felt like I was taking a chance because from the stock photo, it does look like it's got a whole lot going on ;-) But in real life it's much more subtle!

Tyty- Thank you so much!! :bigsmile:

Niceice- Thank you! Your ring is to die for! I just posted in your thread. Your ring is gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results