Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, the calming effect of a Paraiba blue-green sea

Tomorrow I will pick up my new split shank
ring by David Klass with Paraiba cabochon
stone by Paraiba International! I am so
looking forward to find out what the ring
looks like in real life.

I discovered the beauty of Paraiba's via PS.
And during a holiday in the Carribbean I was
inspired to start a search for my first
Paraiba Tourmaline. It resulted in a coveted
ring by Leon Mege with windex blue faceted
stone.

Since I am equally mesmerized by the
turquoise blue-green Paraiba's, I started my
second search. I immediately fell in love
with this sugarloaf cabochon cut stone
by Paraiba International. Adam was great to
work with.

I was thrilled to work with David Klass again.
He is very professional, talented and responsive.
David did a great job with this ring.

Here are some vendor shots:

_31457.jpg

_31458.jpg

_31459.jpg

_31460.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone specs
Paraiba sugarloaf cabochon
Weight: 5.42 ct
Dimensions: 11.30 x 9.20 x 7.20 mm
Color: neon green
Clarity: SI
Treatments: heat
Origin: Paraiba, Brazil
Hardness: 7.5

_31461.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting
The setting is a platinum split shank setting by David Klass. I got quite some help and support from very kind PSers in the CS section when I was looking for the perfect setting:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-setting-for-acinoms-green-sugarloaf-paraiba.207964/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-setting-for-acinoms-green-sugarloaf-paraiba.207964/[/URL]

And when I found my ideal setting I again got a lot of help choosing the right metal and whether I would engrave the ring or not:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paraiba-in-platinum-or-rg-engraving-or-not-poll.212115/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/paraiba-in-platinum-or-rg-engraving-or-not-poll.212115/[/URL]

I can hardly wait to see this ring on my hand! I will post handshots tomorrow when I have the ring on my finger.

_31462.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The ring looks amazing, just wish David wasn't showing it on those turquoise stones. It doesn't allow the pariba color to shine at all. :think:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Been anxiously awaiting the finished product. I am crazy about this ring, Acinom! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is really beautiful Acinom! :love: :love: You have an amazing collection, congrats & wear your new beauty in Health & Happiness! :appl: :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a lovely ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a pretty color! Pics when you get it!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful, original piece! Can't wait to see your pics, and hope it's as beautiful in person as DK's pics show! :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I don't know which is more stunning that incredible stone or that amazing setting :love: !

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, I was at a fancy custom jeweler in Scottsdale last weekend and they proudly showed me a loose stone they proclaimed was a paraiba. I was flummoxed, what to say? If it was certed to be a paraiba it was an ugly example, wrong color and no 'electricity' either. Just blah.

Yours is wonderful. But all your colored stones are wonderful and the settings you choose/create are always fab.

Who *are* you??????

(Rhetorical question but still would love to meet you :wavey: )

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks like another gorgeous stone ring for your fab collection! Hope you love it when you get it. =)

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
This looks like an amazing ring Acinom ! I can't believe we get to see another of your wonderful pieces! So excited to see the hand shots! Congratulations on your new addition to your incredible ring collection!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Acinom, thank you for sharing details and photos of your Paraiba sea resort ring journey! It's fabulous! I love the design, engraving and proportions of your new ring. I am curious as to how high this will sit and whether you plan to wear it as a right hand ring? You have an amazing collection and this beauty only adds to it! I am looking forward to updated "family" photos! Congrats! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thank you for your kind replies Upgradedable, derbygal, sarahb, dk, Laila, tyty, JoCoJenn, Arkieb, MissGotRocks, Sundial, azstonie, StoneHunter, bbziggy, Rockinruby . I am so excited to finally see the ring and especially what the stone looks like.

Rockinruby: this is indeed a RHR, but I wear my right hand rings on my left hand :lol:

Azstonie: thanks for sharing your experience. I hope I love mine when I see it in real life.

I am now on my way to the jeweller, but it will take a while before I get there: the high speed train tickets were sold out.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Different views on color...
What will the stone look like in real life?

_31478.jpg

_31479.jpg

_31480.jpg

_31481.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another lovely addition to your amazing collection, Acinom! I can't wait to see what you think when you receive it in person. It's been so interesting to see the journey from loose stone to finished ring. [emoji7]

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Mochiko :wavey:
I have the ring on my finger and I could not believe my eyes! The color ranges from turquoise green to an almost fake green or blue green.
The ring is more beautiful than I could have hoped for.
Unfortunately I am not able to capture the true colors with my iPhone. Normally I can make true to life pics with my phone, also from my windex blue faceted Paraiba. But now I just can't. I tried to make photo's of the weird glowing green, but on my screen and in the pics the stone turned more blue.

I am amazed by David's craftmanship! The ring is beautifully made. I love every detail. And the engraving! The flowing nature theme on the head and split is stunning. I can almost see the waves of the sea in the engraving of the head. The underside of the shank shows a stunning scroll design.

Here are some pics. The stone is much more beautiful in real life. Thank you Adam and David!!

_31484.jpg

_31486.jpg

_31487.jpg

_31488.jpg

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous and stunning! Great choice on the setting, it's very tastefully done. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, that is just an amazing stone. I am sure that we are missing half of it from the pictures. It kinda glows. Congratulations!! What are the colors remaining that you still need? :Up_to_something:

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It is stunning Acinom. Another worthy addition to your fabulous collection, yay!! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a beautiful ring Acinom! The engraving is divine! Once again, all the details are perfect, and I so love the the details!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been holding out for the photos of this stone, and I LOVE it, it is much cooler in person than all of the vendor pics!!!! :clap:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so refreshing and different! Acinom, if you start to run out of fingers, I'll gladly take some of your rings off your hands... pun intended. :naughty: :lol: :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your kind words. I enjoyed reading your posts SirGuy, Lovinggems, Tourmaline, ringcat, Lovinggems, luv2sparkle and Arkieb and msop04[\b]

I love how Paraiba's can be so mesmerizing and surprising Arkieb.
luv2sparkle: thank you! I enjoy looking at those details. Even the part underneath the stone looks cool. This ring was made with so much love and dedication.
Thank you for liking my new ring and my collection ringcat. I enjoy wearing my PS collection every day.
LLJsmom: Up until today I was fascinated about the quality of iPhone pics. It's so weird the camera cannot grasp the green. I just knew the stone and setting were going to be amazing. But not to this level!
Lovinggems: I love love love the neon glow of the stone. It's such an amazing 'feature' of Paraiba's. So glad I discovered them trough PS.
Tourmaline: thank you!
SirGuy: David indeed did an amazing job on this one.
msop04: thank you for the huge compliment

_31491.jpg

_31492.jpg

_31493.jpg

_31496.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results