shape
carat
color
clarity

Pairing eternity ring with low-colored engagement ring

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
My friend got his now fiancee a beautiful solitaire engagement ring with an M-colored diamond. Do you recommend getting a low-colored eternity band as well? I'm afraid that she'll notice the color in the diamond more if it's paired with something closer to the F-I range.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd suggest that she go try on various eternity bands and see what her preference/tolerance is...my center stone is an E and all of the stones in the setting are G/H and I don't see a difference, but I may be less color sensitive than she is...it's a very personal preference kind of thing.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think there will be noticeable contrast between the diamond and an eternity band, partly because of the color, and mostly because the optics of the smaller diamonds are different in that they look more like 'bright white dots'. I would recommend trying on bands and seeing if she likes the look. Dreamer had a M colored AVC for a while and took several pictures of it with her half eternity band...I will see if I can find those.

ETA here is the link
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/august-vintage-cushion-compared-to-a-bgd-round-brilliant.165243/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/august-vintage-cushion-compared-to-a-bgd-round-brilliant.165243/[/URL]

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the link, SLG! That was really helpful. I can definitely see the difference there.

yenny, I am the same way. My center stone is F, and the sides are H I believe.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
What's the shape and cut quality on the solitaire? Size? I have a J-K center haloed with F-G melee in a pendant, and don't notice a color contrast, but the center stone is only .5 ct and is an excellent modern RB cut. Other shapes, less ideal light performance, larger sides, I'd expect to see more color in the center stone.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a 1.5 J, and I'd recommend either getting a low-colored eternity, a plain metal band, or a colored stone band: I love the warmth of my stone, but contrasted against the white-white of most smaller stones, it clashes. So I wear the solitaire on one hand, and stack my bands on the other, or pair the solitaire with the above. Voila, it all works out. :mrgreen:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1328905351|3123452 said:
I have a 1.5 J, and I'd recommend either getting a low-colored eternity, a plain metal band, or a colored stone band: I love the warmth of my stone, but contrasted against the white-white of most smaller stones, it clashes. So I wear the solitaire on one hand, and stack my bands on the other, or pair the solitaire with the above. Voila, it all works out. :mrgreen:

agreed. I would look into lower color eternities or colored stone eternities- I would play up the warmth with an antique-esq set :)

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I currently wear an M colour 2.5 ct solitaire on my Rh with an F colour diamond band. I think they look nice together however you can notice a difference in colour (especially in certain lighting environments). I wish I was able to take good photos like Kenny. Unfortunately my photo abilities are poor and I don't think they would help in showcasing the colour difference. Colour is such a personal preference so I agree with other posters that it would be best to try on a variety of different rings with different colour stones.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1328905351|3123452 said:
I have a 1.5 J, and I'd recommend either getting a low-colored eternity, a plain metal band, or a colored stone band: I love the warmth of my stone, but contrasted against the white-white of most smaller stones, it clashes.
DITTO. Why suffer the comparison needlessly! Keep those whitey brighties far far away!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results