shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Jetmal, please . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jetmal,

I just went back to look at your old thread. Would you mind telling us where you found your OEC? And, did you have your setting custom made after all? It is beautiful!

Thanks,
LV

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi LV......its a new purchase from Jewels By Erica Grace.......I don''t have it yet...the setting is from Ari at Singlestone.
I am so excited!!! I can''t wait to get it!!!!
36.gif

Grace was wonderful to work with, very professional and a super sweet gal.

I''ll post a thread once I get it....but for now, here is a pic.

transitionalC.25273950_std[1].jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it''s perfect!!! Love the setting and the stone is wonderful. Love.those.facets!! So, this is a different OEC than the one you wrote about a month or two back?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Holy Cow!!!!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
yes, this is a different one....this is actually a Transitional Cut....

I still have my .71 oec....I''m stuggling with what to do with it.....my thoughts or options are
1. set it in a bezel pendant necklace
2. keep it and search for a matching one for martini WF studs....
3. sell it- I love it, but my funds are wiped out now, LOL....

What would you do?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I guess I never answered your question about my .71 oec....I got it from an independant seller on a different board....
it is a gorgeous stone too
37.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2008 1:28:11 PM
Author: jetmal
yes, this is a different one....this is actually a Transitional Cut....

I still have my .71 oec....I''m stuggling with what to do with it.....my thoughts or options are
1. set it in a bezel pendant necklace
2. keep it and search for a matching one for martini WF studs....
3. sell it- I love it, but my funds are wiped out now, LOL....

What would you do?
Ohhhhhhhhh. You know, I would tuck that .71 oec away for a while and save it for a gift for yourself in the future. (I do stuff like this. I still have a special tea cup, from a trip to Japan, wrapped up in a box for myself for when I accomplish something special. I''ve had it for over three years, so I better get on to setting some goals, huh?) That''ll allow you some time to save up for the setting you want.

I personally would set it in a pendant, not sure about a bezel though, but only because my first diamond was a .50 bezel set in a pendant and it constantly tipped forward because the chain/setting were never quite right. That was also a gift for myself for a special accomplishment. I think I was 23 at the time and knew nothing about diamonds! I also wouldn''t sell it because it sounds like you love it.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Holysmokes! You are the one who bought it!?! I checked it out last night on their website and saw it sold and was wondering who is the lucky person!! Congratulations on your lovely purchase!!

I've been lemming it for awhile and even asked my FI if he'll consider an OEC as beautiful as this as an Ering but was a no.
7.gif
He prefers the traditional ring.

You must post some pictures for us once it's in!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2008 1:52:40 PM
Author: GoodSoul
Holysmokes! You are the one who bought it!?! I checked it out last night on their website and saw it sold and was wondering who is the lucky person!! Congratulations on your lovely purchase!!

I''ve been lemming it for awhile and even asked my FI if he''ll consider an OEC as beautiful as this as an Ering but was a no.
7.gif

You must post some pictures for us once it''s in!
Hi GS - I''m curious . . . what doesn''t your FI like about the OEC? Do you mean that he only wants to get a classic solitaire setting, when you say he prefers a traditional ring?

When I started looking at engagement rings, I wanted an ideal cut round stone, then a HOF, but was completely sold on OECs after learning about them on PS. I just think they are so special, and if you want one, then we just have to convince your FI to see how special they are too!
2.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 2:06:14 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
Date: 10/10/2008 1:52:40 PM

Author: GoodSoul

I''ve been lemming it for awhile and even asked my FI if he''ll consider an OEC as beautiful as this as an Ering but was a no.
7.gif

You must post some pictures for us once it''s in!

Hi GS - I''m curious . . . what doesn''t your FI like about the OEC? Do you mean that he only wants to get a classic solitaire setting, when you say he prefers a traditional ring?

When I started looking at engagement rings, I wanted an ideal cut round stone, then a HOF, but was completely sold on OECs after learning about them on PS. I just think they are so special, and if you want one, then we just have to convince your FI to see how special they are too!
2.gif

Sorry LovesVintage... totally missed out on this post. :) My FI is a traditional dude who wants the Ering to be a round brilliant stone. I''ve shown him Surfgirl''s ring, the one that Jetmal just bought as well as a few that I saw here. He is very sweet and said that I can get as a RHR in the future.... I am guessing not anytime soon though.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results