shape
carat
color
clarity

Ordering Tiffany Rings - Frustrated!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mb418

Shiny_Rock
I am interested in buying the Tiffany Atlas Open-Style Ring (see pictures), but the Tiffany''s here in UAE do not carry my size (size 4 or 4 1/2). The sales associate here called New York to see if it''s available there, and apparently it was not. He is now telling me that somehow it needed to be shipped from Italy to here (UAE), and it will take 3 months!!

What I do not understand is why Italy? (actually I am going to Italy for vacation in July, so I did call them to see if the ring is available in my size there, and they told me they don''t carry the ring that I wanted in size 4 or 4 1/2. The smaller size is a 5)

I know that it is available in Singapore and Jakarta. Well maybe there is some sort of policy so they cannot order rings from just any other Tiffany?? 2nd, why would it take 3 months?!?!? It isn''t like they are making the ring! Are they literally shipping it over!? I am so frustrated!

Do you have similar experiences dealing with Tiffany''s ordering? Aw .......
14.gif

18531186_M_OVER.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
From what the tiffany's SA told me here in OZ they can essentially order the stock from any Tiff's in the world but Tiff's in some countries are harder to get stock from then others. So depending on where it comes from the wait can vary, however 3mths sounds a little excessive.

ETA: Beautiful ring I hope you get it soon :).

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
There''s one on Ebay right now listed at $1,999. I don''t remember what size it is but if it works for you, I''d contact the seller and offer $1,700. It has been relisted with no interest at least 5-6 times.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
A 3 month time quote probably means that they need to have the ring made and then shipped to them.A size 4 ring is rarely ordered for regular stock and the usual turn a round time is 4-6 weeks for a special order size. The last jeweler I worked for quoted 10 weeks for a special order.Italy has many manufacturing companies(The biggest percentage of gold and silver chain is produced in Italy for the world market) that are contracted by name brand jewelers to make their exclusive designs.

mb418

Shiny_Rock
jewelerman, you are definitely right!
9.gif
I talked to the sales associate today, and they are really getting it from the manufacturer in Italy. I wish they would just transfer it from another country though knowing that they have it in stock in other countries.
15.gif
At least if I order it, it would be made for me (sorta)
Date: 6/24/2008 12:14:15 PM
Author: jewelerman
A 3 month time quote probably means that they need to have the ring made and then shipped to them.A size 4 ring is rarely ordered for regular stock and the usual turn a round time is 4-6 weeks for a special order size. The last jeweler I worked for quoted 10 weeks for a special order.Italy has many manufacturing companies(The biggest percentage of gold and silver chain is produced in Italy for the world market) that are contracted by name brand jewelers to make their exclusive designs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results