shape
carat
color
clarity

Old ring kicked up a notch

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was my first piece of fine jewelry and I've liked the ring enough that I never get rid of it but I rarely wore it. The emerald is 5 x 4mm so fairly small. I thought of moving the emerald to a halo ring but I honestly like the style of the ring. My thoughts were to put a row of diamonds down from the existing diamond accent or replace the small diamond with a larger diamond (RB, EC, PC). My husband also suggested a row of small PC or 2 baguettes. I finally decided to go with a larger RB because my husband felt it would be the most structurally sound way to go and I already had a diamond to use.

The diamond is from a pendant I never wear anymore. It's a 1/2 carat without stats but it's near colorless and definitely a clean, lively diamond.

I will no doubt wear this ring now.

_340.jpeg

emeraldring.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the new stone is so much better proportioned with the emerald! Great idea! Very pretty! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Diamondseeker. It turned out better than I thought it would.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice update! Definitely catches the eye a little more!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great update!!!
I love the propotions of the updated ring and it looks fabulous on your hand. Enjoy wearing your ring.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say that I would never would have thought to put a round with a square cut in a bypass ring-in my mind it would have look awkward. BUT, your design is incredible and flawless. The metal work using the straight lines to envelope the emerald and the round lines cushioning the diamond-just brilliant as it really makes it work. :appl: I have a feeling that it will be copied often as there are a lot of mixed cuts out there just waiting to be set together. Love, love this ring. :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Tyty33. I was honestly surprised it turned out so well.

Thank you Acinom. I wore it again today. It seems to have brightened up the emerald as well.

Thank you Lambskin. I played around with different shaped stones and found the rounded corner of the ring really went well with the RB or oval. I am glad it turned out better than expected.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Miranda.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, great way to repurpose items that you love but you don't wear!!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the update really looks nice. The proportions are great! Such a wonderful way to repurpose and now you can enjoy wearing it! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, adding that diamond in place of the tiny chip that was there was genius. Your ring is GORGEOUS now and I love the proportions of the new diamond with the emerald. It is perfect. :love:

The change kicked it up more than a notch I daresay. Enjoy in health and happiness! :appl:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! :love: What a great idea your husband had. The new diamond really balances out your ring. It is so gorgeous :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Arkieb1. I am glad to have an emerald ring again since it’s my birthstone.

Thanks Rockinruby. For about the first hour I had it on my hand I thought the diamond was a little bit large but after that I thought it worked just fine.

Thank you Ricezo. It new diamond does balance out the ring.

Thanks Missy. I think it will be one of the rings I reach for frequently.

Thank you PattyCo. My husband definitely has an artistic eye. Using the RB turned out well.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a difference that made! The proportions really brightened things up a notch. Congratulations!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you maccers. I thought it brightened the emerald too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the new stone size makes a big difference! It indeed "kicks it up a notch!" :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Marcy, this turned out great! :love: The larger diamond really does kick things up, adds bling and balances out the emerald, it looks beautiful!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautifully fluid and balanced ring you have now! At first glance the ring looks like a music note where the diamond is the head and the emerald is being cradled by the flag of a music note. I love it!
Bravo!
:love:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy,

I love, love, love this ring!!! Marty's idea was fantastic!

Callie

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ccheartnurse. I even have an old emerald pendant I rarely wear so I can get that out again too.

Thank you Catmom. I like kicking bling up a notch.

Thank you Junebug. I was honestly impressed at how much the larger diamond enhanced the emerald.

Thank you pregcurious. I like new rings that don’t cost much.

Thank you Crystal24K. I can see what you mean about a musical note. That’s cool!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Callie. Marty really has an eye for what will look good.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy!! :wavey: :wavey: That emerald is a gorgeous color, :love: :love: & the reset made such a huge difference, it looks great, much better than the original! Congrats--it looks wonderful! :love:

I need to pop over to say hello to my NIRDI's, I've not been on much! Hope all is well you with you & everyone over there!! :wavey: :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Puppy4248. I think the ring is simple but has enough bling for me.

Thank you SarahB. I think I’ll enjoy wearing it now. I am good. How are you doing? I hope you are getting along well. Do drop in and say hi. We all wonder how you’ve been. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results