carat
color
clarity

Old european cut three stone ring by 23rd Street Jewelers

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Old european cut three stone ring by 23rd Street Jeweler

Enerchi|1337295874|3197755 said:
WHOA! That is amazing TGal! Just AMAZING! it is a perfect new "Heirloom antique" ring! Just gorgeous - Coatimundi found the perfect jumping off for you and then 23rd street just added further to the perfection of that setting - well done, TGal, well done! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I see the dots/milgraining comment you are speaking of. I kind of like how yours is as it enhances the 'strut's so to speak, of the mount portion, while the delicate prongs (oh, how I love me some delicate claw prongs....!) enhance the trilogy of the diamonds. If it were me, I'd stick with the way it is, but you'll have to sleep on it a bit to decide if you want to change it.

Your book/review (tee hee!!) was wonderful! I love all your details and thoughts that you pulled together for us to enjoy - thank you so much! You are a wonderful reviewer!!!

Enjoy this stunning ring - and many thanks for all of those gorgeous diamond **** shots - can never get enough!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Ha, thanks Enerchi!

It IS growing on me, but I do think it's best to think of it (assuming anything can even be done). I'm curious as to whether the engraver just went renegade, or if the bench that did the ring intended it this way. Either way, it is beautiful, just in a different way!

You are right in that this does seem to "panel" off each of the octagons more and differentiate each of the octagons more than I think the "blend" of one seamless line would be. So interesting, how PSers care about nuance, eh? And I think I'm one of the more laidback people around here when it comes to design. Or maybe just one of the less creative, artsy ones (which is probably more correct!) :lol:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1337296375|3197770 said:
TGal if you can post a Real Life Perspective type shot I'd love to see one :halo:

Sure! I will do one later! I also cleaned my J ideal cuts if anyone wants to see what those looked like next to these sides, but didn't get to take shots today.

Any other requests from anyone will be happily done! I love PS for research purposes, and that's why I'm always detailed to a fault when it comes to the SMTB round up. :cheeky:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is gorgeous, and seriously don't change a THING!!

I like and prefer the way yours was done over the yellow gold ring, for sure. :love:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Laila619|1337296605|3197782 said:
It is gorgeous, and seriously don't change a THING!!

I like and prefer the way yours was done over the yellow gold ring, for sure. :love:

LOL, maybe I should start a poll.

I am so happy with them (23rd street) though. The ring is just gorgeous. It's great to own something so cool!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Its beautiful. And of course I want one. Just like most rings I see on here these days.

Did you say what size the diamonds are? I read all of your write up and don't remember seeing it... It was actually a nice build up to seeing the ring. The vendor reviews are very helpful too.

Happy 40th birthday. I was 41 this month so I am definitely over the hill and on my way down the other side!

dani13

Ideal_Rock

LOOOOOVVVVVVEEEE THIS, TG!!!!! Your new ring is so so GORGEOUS!!!! I also loved reading about the whole process and your vendor reviews!!! Enjoy your new sparkly, and happy (early) birthday!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock

Yeah, I am still pretty much speechless as I said in the RT thread...but what I can say is that the ring is GORGEOUS! Looks like 23 Street Jewelers *got* what you were trying to achieve. It all came together beautifully. The fact that all three stones have their own personality, but yet go together kind of ties into your "3" theme as well.

And thanks for the reviews! I really appreciate the detailed description of each experience that you had.

Enjoy your amazing ring!!!! Happy early b-day also!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

My new favorite PS ring EVER!!! :love: :love: :love: It is absolutely stunning in every way possible. The high crown on the center stone is to die for! :lickout:

The detailing or the setting is to die for. As far the differences between the gold setting and yours, I think they both look amazing. You need to follow your gut about it, I would hate to see you choose one way or the other and be unsatisfied.

Happy early birthday!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Need I say more?!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Maisie|1337297245|3197792 said:
Its beautiful. And of course I want one. Just like most rings I see on here these days.

Did you say what size the diamonds are? I read all of your write up and don't remember seeing it... It was actually a nice build up to seeing the ring. The vendor reviews are very helpful too.

Happy 40th birthday. I was 41 this month so I am definitely over the hill and on my way down the other side!

They weren't measured, but they are 1.15 carat center and the oec side is .48, the other is .41 (but the spread is about the same). I'm guessing they are about 6.3 or 6.4 and 5mm on the sides. Gah, if I were more anal, I would have asked, but by the time I did (because Dreamer asked me) the stones were already set!!!

Also wanted to say I'm sorry again about yesterday, and I hope all goes well for you!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1337298122|3197808 said:

They weren't measured, but they are 1.15 carat center and the oec side is .48, the other is .41 (but the spread is about the same). I'm guessing they are about 6.3 or 6.4 and 5mm on the sides. Gah, if I were more anal, I would have asked, but by the time I did (because Dreamer asked me) the stones were already set!!!

Also wanted to say I'm sorry again about yesterday, and I hope all goes well for you!

Thank you. I appreciate that. :))

The diamonds look much bigger to me. Thats always a good thing right?!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Maisie|1337298544|3197821 said:
TravelingGal|1337298122|3197808 said:

Thank you. I appreciate that. :))

The diamonds look much bigger to me. Thats always a good thing right?!

5.25 finger size babee! Actually in the pics, it's on my left as I can't take pics with the left. Left is a 4.75 finger size!

I tried different ways to stack, but I'm going with what's in the pics. Joni liked the smaller band stacked first, but I bought the small one to space the two platinums. First world problems..... :rolleyes:

I believe that the spread of the big octagon is almost 7mm? Hard to measure and know for sure.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Also thank you EVERYONE for the enthusiasm. I am totally still so delighted (I was actually semi speechless yesterday at the jeweler). This is a present from my TGuy AND my mom, and with the help of the PS community, it's a pretty cool way of celebrating not-yet-40. :bigsmile:

I am not efficient at posting replies to everyone by name, so just wanted to post an overall thank you again!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock

It looks wonderful! :appl: It was certainly a long project, but it looks like all the effort was worth it. I've been following the other thread.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

TGal, that turned out to be one STUNNING ring, holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cut on the stones is gorgeous and THOSE PRONGS! :love: :love: :love: I see what you are saying about the "dots" being different but I don't think either is better/worse than the other. Its beautiful the way it is :love: :love:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is one gorgeous ring, TGal! Thanks for your detailed vendor reviews also, really helpful!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really have to say - I love love love your ring - the stones are so perfectly showcased in that setting, which I think was beautifully executed - those prongs! the engraving! (which I do favor - maybe to me that style highlights the octagon shape? but I also really like the gold ring engraving style). I think it is neat this Three-Stone Ring has so many meanings for you and your family, and the fact the stones are old cuts taken en suite from a vintage piece makes it that much more special. Thanks also the great vendor write-up.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, it's gorgeous T-gal!!! :love: It turned out beautifully and looks so substantial on you hand! As far as the difference in the settings, personally I like the way yours is done!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

Holy cow Tgal that's gorgeous! :love: I love love love rounds in different shaped bezels. Love. Aaaaand I like it w/the dots going up the prongs too.

Um..and I did a really loud guffaw that you're turning 40..I always thought you were younger than I, so that kinda shocked me!

tigian

Ideal_Rock

Your detailed reviews were great! (One of the few threads I didn't just scroll down to the pics.)
But then, I saw the pictures and I. Couldn't. Breathe.
Your ring is absolutely breathtaking and I love, love, love it!
Couldn't be more perfect! I see your issue with the engraving, but honestly, it doesn't change the beauty of your ring.
The whole thing turned out great! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Good heavens, this ring is to die for!

I love it. Very well done, TGal!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Bravo, TGal! :appl:
It's stunning. Love the combo of delicate prongs and outer bezel. The engraving is lovely--just the right touch. And I *love* those stones. The brooch was nice and all, but this takes it, hands down. (Plus, you can wear it with those Juicy (I-know-you-don't-really-wear) sweats--har-de-har)

Well done! Enjoy, and wear it in the best of health.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock

I love what it represents! With your excellent choice of setting, it's an instant heirloom piece TravelingGal. :love:

Thanks for sharing your experience and your beautiful ring with us.

Cachette :))

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

ps...we need a Faye Cullen-esque mouse shot. :bigsmile:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

coatimundi|1337302622|3197895 said:
Bravo, TGal! :appl:
It's stunning. Love the combo of delicate prongs and outer bezel. The engraving is lovely--just the right touch. And I *love* those stones. The brooch was nice and all, but this takes it, hands down. (Plus, you can wear it with those Juicy (I-know-you-don't-really-wear) sweats--har-de-har)

Well done! Enjoy, and wear it in the best of health.

I dunno...I feel so blinged out when I wear it, I feel like I should be like those housewives of beverly hills (or whatever they are, as I don't watch no TV) and juicy myself up a bit........

Thanks again coati for posting the pic that made me go, aha!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

coatimundi|1337302784|3197899 said:
ps...we need a Faye Cullen-esque mouse shot. :bigsmile:

LOL, WHAT is that???

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

haha

4_1111111111222222222233333333334444444444551.jpg

Oh and I expect to see some terry-cloth-in-the-background shots. Own it--SoCal! :naughty:
(I don't mean this, but I'd be thrilled to see it--hahaha)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

coatimundi|1337303185|3197915 said:
haha

4_1111111111222222222233333333334444444444551.jpg

Oh and I expect to see some terry-cloth-in-the-background shots. Own it--SoCal! :naughty:
(I don't mean this, but I'd be thrilled to see it--hahaha)

And I had that pic posted earlier... :rolleyes:

I tell ya, the sign of a good ring is that you don't notice the mouse. I NEVER noticed the mouse in that pic. Ever. No wonder I'm not the most anal jewelry designer around........ :rodent:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It turned out beautifully! I love how the stones almost look like they are floating on the top of the finger and yet you have some beautiful metal work from the sideview. I really like the little bonus stones on the shank as well. My only fear was that it would look too chunky but it does not! It looks really great with your stacking bands and I think it's a very nice compliment to your ering.

Hats off to you and 23rd Street - probably not a style I would have picked out but I am very impressed with the look. Congrats to you on the birthday and all the things this ring represents to you!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

TG You ring is amazing! :love: I can't remember the story of the brooch, it was one you picked up from ebay if I remember right? I was in a hurry to see the pics so I didn't go back and read the back story. :lol: Do you have future plans for it now? :naughty: Congratulations, it's always awesome when things work out better than you had hoped!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results