shape
carat
color
clarity

Ok, So Shoot Me ... No pix

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
O.K., Deco, I''m on a mission . . . to find that band you''re looking for!
21.gif
I searched google for "half bezel set emerald cut band" since that''s the closest I can think of to what it is--half-bezel set. This is sort of like it, but with less bezel and the baguettes set east to west instead. Is that true? It''s from the diamondsatcost.com website.

diamondsatcost.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, by the way, the double milgrain band you posted the link to is nice.

This one''s from dimendscaasi.com. Is this what you mean, except the baguettes being horizontal with half-bezel around them?

dimendscaasi13439999.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
YESSS. The last one is very much like it, style-wise!! Only JUST baguettes, no rounds & the bags are so sizeable the almost look like mini-emeralds (like this pix does).

HURRAY!!

ETA: I'd probably have one made semi-eternity .. 1/2 or 3/4 with an engraved back part (hopefully matching the engraving on the back part of the e-ring.

Whaddaya think of it??

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Never would''ve thought of that going with the e-ring, but I bet it looks AWESOME in person! Here''s one from bluenile.

bluenile14586809999.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2006 11:52:06 PM
Author: lizz
Love it! Never would''ve thought of that going with the e-ring, but I bet it looks AWESOME in person!

Yeah it was funny ... in the tray it didn''t look like it would go (kinda more modern), but on my hand you just saw the baguettes, not the metal so much. And it was substantial enough to match up well ... but not over "bling bling" to compete with the e-ring.

They said they could milligrain the semi-bezel, but that might just draw more attention to it ... or that they could engrave the sides where it''s polished metal) ... but it would be bumpy so I dunno about that either.

Hmmmmm. Must. Get. Real. Hand Pix.
2.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I bet the bezel would look great with milgrain because, like you said, it looks more modern without the milgrain. It would match up better with milgraining, IMO.

You and I have the same jewelry style. I was just thinking of how brilliant a choice that band would be because it has that deco feel to it too. Good choice!

I just checked out the Vera Wang fan setting too. I had seen it before but forgotten what it looked like. I''m a step-cut/baguette person too. Loved it!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
***** UPDATE *******

I am doing a lot of "updating" it seems
3.gif
Anyhoo -- since Ol'' Stabby has become Sparkly 2.0 - AND because I spent a lot of time w/the Sweetie in the jewelers after picking up Sparkly 2.0 trying on BANDS ... the Great Band Hunt continues.

Here''s Sparkly 2.0.

5miniredeco5top.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Deco, I will be SO excited to see what kind of w-band goes with sparkly 2.0!!!

(Did you see the special shot I posted just for you on my thread??
31.gif
)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here's my current favorite band ... a Sholdt design that's kind of a wedge shape, with a flat side that sits against the e-ring.

It looked great paired with the band ... kind of sitting in the e-ring's shadow, but swooping down from it, flowy-like. AND with the added bonus of keeping the side view very similar ... small pave round stones.

THE BIG CATCH: Can't wear it alone! It's more like a ring guard than a ring really. I COULD HOWEVER get flanking ones and wear them together alone without the e-ring ... but

1) Would wearing two "wedge" bands together as an Wband be weird? Uncomfortable? Gap?
2) Should I just get one and always wear e-ring & band? Never plan to wear band only.

-- OR --

3) Get the "wedge" band to go with the e-ring and a cheapie plain 2mm band (not even platinum - maybe titanium? silver even?) to wear SOLO when necessary?

MORE DETAILS
It's kinda pricey for how small & subtle it is ... $1098 each? Part of why ONE for now sounds good to me! For the price of TWO of them I could get a sweet Signed Pieces asscher eternity band almost!

MORE QUESTIONS
Has anyone ever seen "wedge" bands like this elsewhere (in platinum) -- maybe just ENGRAVED, no diamonds?

Bruce, the owner of the AWESOME, awesome HUMMINGBIRD JEWELERS in Rhinebeck, NY (fixer of Sparkly 2.0 - via another Bruce, mega-talented goldsmith/designer) called the style of band "quarter round" like the carpentry trim term. Thought that was funny!

Ideas, Input ... HELP??!!!

sholdtband.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I think these are all good ideas....but really??? Couldn''t be worn alone at all--would it look funny?

I like the thought of 2 on either side?? HMMMMMM.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 6:48:18 PM
Author: blueroses
Couldn''t be worn alone at all--would it look funny?
It DID look funny. Like you split a rounded band in half down the equator middle - and are wearing "the bottom half" ... or in this case ...as if you''re wearing a knife edge, pave diamond band''s bottom half.

With the e-ring it looks cool, like it''s snuggling up against the e-ring & kinda an "extention" of it rather than a "whole new thing"

(KIWI 4-EVAR
2.gif
)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ah. Ok, now I get it--I couldn''t picture it before.

Well I don''t mind the idea of one flanking each side of the e-ring....that seems more logical I guess than having the "half" w-band and another 2mm plain one (though that isn''t bad either)

BUT if you''re NEVER going to wear it alone.....then does it matter?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I have the solution.

wbanddecokiwi.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 7:07:43 PM
Author: blueroses
I have the solution.
LOL!!!
31.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I really like the last band you posted & think it''s probably more important to have a band that looks great with your e-ring than one that will also look nice alone, unless you plan to wear it alone quite often. I''ve seen WG bands on eBay for under $50 if you want to have a band to wear without your e-ring. (Or, you could get the single wedge band now & if you find you want to wear it alone frequenetly, you could get a matching band at a later date...)

I think the kiwi might be too soft for everyday wear.
2.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I think that if you have found a band that works with your ring, JUMP on it. Average-bear bands don''t like gorgeous many-dimensional rings like yours. They get jealous.

My guess is there will be very few times you''ll want to be without your asscher, and if you do, there are loads of inexpensive options out there for a stand in band.

Wooooo eeee!!!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Coming from someone with the same setting as yours, I would get that band. I see how well it would go with the e-ring. And I agree, you probably won''t want to be without your ering. I know I never am.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
decodelighted........i dunno much about wedding bands...but, i sure wish you luck. oh, Sparkly 2.0? beautiful ring girl!! congratulations!!! well done....

ron....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
******FURTHER UPDATE*********

AIIGH. I went back with my friend over the weekend and she thought the Sholdt "wedge" band was too "dinky" for my e-ring. On second & third & umpteenth glance I started to agree with her.

D''OH!

But --- saw THIS band over at Blueroses'' Tiffany thread?? Whaddya think? It''s kinda deco-ish? AND ... TIFFANY''S, yet affordable ''cause of the no diamonds dealie....

wedband_legacy_ring7.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say get thee to a Tiff''s and try that sucker on!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 4:42:24 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I say get thee to a Tiff''s and try that sucker on!
31.gif
31.gif
Dat''s me plan, ma''am!
2.gif

I was trying to figure out if White Plains or Westport was closer to me (hee hee) ... of course, I''ll probably be in NYC for work before I can drag the Sweetie to either ''burb. Hmmmmmm. We have a wedding in UpupupState NY this weekend or I''d try to finegle something asap.

darling

Shiny_Rock
www.jameselliotonline.com has bands (more modern though) that offer a similar look (knife edge) if two quarter round bands are worn together.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 5:27:02 PM
Author: darling
www.jameselliotonline.com has bands (more modern though) that offer a similar look (knife edge) if two quarter round bands are worn together.
WHAT AN AMAZING SITE. Look what krazzzeee thing I found there. *faint*

fancyblueasscher.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That blue Asscher makes me feel funny in my pants. Am I the only one?
11.gif

By the way, I really do like the Tiffany band for your , but I just adore the semi-bezel 5 stone Asscher for a RHR. Going to have to start working on my hubby for the 5 yr. anniversary present!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 6:07:07 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
11.gif

Oh, Lauren, I almost died laughing at this.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Deco, I love your ring. The Asscher is beautiful and that setting is just so gorgeous from every angle. It is one of my all time favorite PS rings. Who made the setting?

I would love to see hand pics of the wedding rings you are considering next to the e-ring. Right now, I just can''t picture putting anything next to Sparkly 2.0. The side view of your ring is fabulous, I don''t think I would want to put anything next to it if it were my ring. I''d either wear it alone as one perfect ring for both e-ring and w-ring, or if you really want a separate wedding ring, I''d get an eternity band for the left hand and wear the e-ring alone on the right hand after the wedding.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2006 6:07:07 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
11.gif
Tee, hee -- me too! I adore that blue Asscher. Is that a blue diamond? I don''t care for the setting, but the stone is amazing. Every since I saw a large yellow diamond Asscher at the Smithsonian, I have been craving one in blue. I could never afford a blue diamond, but I would love to find a well-cut Asscher style aquamarine, blue topaz, or pale sapphire. Anyone have an idea where I could look for one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results