shape
carat
color
clarity

OK Girls is this what you are talking about ????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 9:25:58 PM
Author: woobug02
Decode do you have a picture of your er I would love to see
Sure, Woo. People are probably pretty sick of this particular pix though!
3.gif

For what it''s worth - I''m having a little pickle with it right now. The prongs have never been perfectly symmetrical -- with one prong just slightly off the corner. Ya can probably see it in the pix. Well, the appraiser said don''t fix it because the stone was set so well, why risk it. Cut to four months later - stone gets loose. Go get it tightened. Ask about the wonky prong & am told it''s a "big job" to fix because of the way the prongs are (diamonds on top). That IF it becomes loose again, they''ll have to build a basket to keep the platinum prongs together in a tight box ... WELL ONE DAY LATER, less than eight hours of wear, it was loose again. I''ve been too busy & discouraged to go back to the city (4 hours round trip) to get it fixed again ASAP, so right now I''m goin'' ringless!
39.gif
39.gif

We gotta suffer for beauty I guess!

decoringtop.jpg

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Woo, do you mind if I give my personal opinion? I''ve just skimmed the posts on here because I''m trying to talk to my mom and read PS at the same time. I agree with Mara that your engagement ring would look fabulous by itself, but if you REALLY want a band or two to go with it: I think that one or two bands with the same engraving as the band on your engagement ring would look ok or plain bands that are shaped the same way as the band on your e-ring (not comfort-fit or rounded). When you have a ring that''s got so much design and uniqueness, a band that matches is my personal preference.

BTW, I LOVE your engagement ring!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOOD DECODE.............FABULOUS!!! Now tell me with an er like that what will you do or have you done for a wedding band???? It is wonderful

I appreciate all of your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, either get rid of the thick metal bars up top of the w-rings OR thin them down...but what i would do is get rid of them and maybe put baguettes there. i really don''t like all that blocky metal. they are totally distracting and i didn''t realize til kaleigh said it that they were there because of the marquis which makes sense, with a round now it''s a whole different ballgame.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 10:11:45 PM
OH MY GOOD DECODE.............FABULOUS!!! Now tell me with an er like that what will you do or have you done for a wedding band???? It is wonderful

I agree. Deco I LOVE your ER. Reminds me of yummy Kirk Kara designs.

Woo-I still stand by my no engraving opinion. The top of your ring is so sleek and modern I think the engraving is just an odd pairing. No offense. I know this has been a LONGGGGGG road so I really hope this time it is PERFECT. There is nothing wrong with wearing a w-band with it. I am in a similar situation (with a wider/busier e-ring). I know there is the perfect band out there just waiting to be found. Don''t give up hope.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would your jeweler take the ering mounting in trade toward another mounting?

It seems to be a rather impossible task to take those bands and remake them so that they would compliment the ering rather than take away from it.

Maybe you should look at the diamonds in the bands and the ering and see what you could come up with if you did a whole new mounting. I know it is alot of $$ but by the time you get done remaking everything you will have alot of money in that as well. The mounting originally had a marquise stone - the bands were made for that mounting. Now you have changed the stone to a RB and you now have a completely different look. Is this ering the one that you really want? If you could start again, what would you choose? You also want to upgrade the center stone. Will you be faced with changing things around again to accomodate a larger center stone?

Just some thoughts. Maybe it''s time to stop and figure out exactly what you want this wedding set to look like. If you can''t accomplish it with the mounting you have, maybe that''s the place to start.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, she loves the mounting!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Woo ~
emrose.gif

I think your ering with the RB is very substantial looking. I agree with trying to thin out as much metal on those erings as possible, and replacing a bag where that blocky bar is.

Also, I agree with MissGotRocks ... If you could choose a setting today, what would you choose? It might just save you some headaches later if you think about "Is this the ring for me now that I have a RB?"

Good luck and best wishes on your search and journey. Take care,
35.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 10:28:37 PM
Author: Mara
I agree, either get rid of the thick metal bars up top of the w-rings OR thin them down...but what i would do is get rid of them and maybe put baguettes there. i really don''t like all that blocky metal. they are totally distracting and i didn''t realize til kaleigh said it that they were there because of the marquis which makes sense, with a round now it''s a whole different ballgame.
I had blocky metal on my old setting and it sucked! It was on the end of the baguettes and it totally drove me bananas. That''s the main reason why I reset. I had to go back and reread the post where it showed the top view to understand the placement of her blocky metal. It does make more sense with the marquise. I second getting rid of the metal blocks or at least thinning them as much as possible. I found it to be distracting so I can imagine you must too!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with those who say the e-ring looks best stand-alone. If you must wear a w-band with it, then definitely just one, and not a wide or big one.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Hi all ;-) Ok, I have an art department here at work and they have taken some pictures of my bands and are going to modify the photos to see if we can get some examples :)

I am considering the redo of the bands but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my ER and just can''t part with it
7.gif
So whatever I do I want to keep my ER. The day I saw it in the jeweler I knew it was for me. It is just a me setting. I like heavy different things. I could be considered a little gaudy
emsmileo.gif
at times. I flipped my bands over so you could see just metal with engraving. I know no engraving but this is the style that Viachi recommends

MVC-p13S.JPG

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 10:11:45 PM

Here''s aphisiglovessae''s e-ring & 2 plain bands. Maybe something like this could work with your e-ring, woobug. (I agree that your e-ring would look fabulous alone as well...)

ring3.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo, remember I am eventually going for the 2.0+ ct so what I do now I want to work with anything...

MVC-01pS.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That is really pretty.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo, on a good note, I love my new right hand ring. Pictures are blurry sorry

MVC-0j5S.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the new RHR. I got 2 2mm wg bands for fun (thanks mara!) and tried the same look for fun. This isn''t what I am going to do for my wedding set but I thought maybe you would want to see another example.

Tacori-e-ring_2mm bands234.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
another view. Excuse the kitty scratch
4.gif

Tacori-e-ring_2mm bands94.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
here are some before and after from my work art department

MVC-z02S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOO

MVC-j02S.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wow Tacori, that looks really good. I love the way your sapphires look :)

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
last one. no notches and thined out. WOOOO

wuled.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
same photo before :)

r17T.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Woo,
The pix of the "bands" alone really helps. I DO, DO, DO think it's the taper of the baquettes themselves that's affecting the look of the rings, that combined with the tapering of the metal bars in between them to try & even out the stones.

I've posted a Leon Mege ring that uses tapered baguettes and places them end to end, right against each other. I wonder of that technique could be used remaking your bands, if you choose to do so?

Though I still like the e-ring by itself!
2.gif

(p.s. - I still don't know what I'll choose for an e-ring. I like symmetry as much as you do & my e-ring is a little tricky to fit. stay tuned!)

leonmegetaper.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i like that 2nd to the last picture with no notches and thinned out, that seems to look the best with the rings, i''d even go a bit thinner with the metal if possible and make it as unobstrusive as possible.

i don''t really love the underside of the bands with the ring because to me they look like ''add ons'' and not matching, they are pretty on their own but not with that ring (underside wise).

so far i think i like the shaving down of the metal and taking the notches out and turning them into regular ole bands to work the best with your existing setting. it''s still alot of metal and wide but i think you are going to get that look regardless.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait! Woo! Out of all the combo''s you''ve tried so far I actually like the thin engraved bands best. They kind of "take a backseat" to the e-ring, but create they symmetrical look you like.

I know you really want more bling, but it''s kinda like that diamond broach on a sparkly shirt idea I mentioned before .. your ering with the engraved band is like a diamond broach on a black dress! Or a neutral dress, really. It SHINES more BRIGHTLY!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2006 1:40:38 PM
Author: decodelighted
Wait! Woo! Out of all the combo''s you''ve tried so far I actually like the thin engraved bands best. They kind of ''take a backseat'' to the e-ring, but create they symmetrical look you like.

I agree! The thin engraved bands is my favorite of all those options! I think they''re really elegant!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOO, stay tuned they are trying one more thing with the photos...... HANG WITH ME :) WOOOOOOOOOO

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Decodedelight....that band is fabulous.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
WOOOOOOOO, girl you have been hard at work haven''t you!!! heheh
face20.gif
lol... I''ve been around the world in half aday. I really like the look of just the two bands the pic were you turned your bands over... and I also like the look of them thinned down, IMO, either way would be a winner!!!!
face23.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OK, look at this. They took the metal out of the center very similar to the one on Viachi''s website

ringset copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results