shape
carat
color
clarity

OK Girls is this what you are talking about ????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
My ring looks completely different without the diamond bands. Sometimes, I like the plain look better... it makes the center POP much more and simple. I think your ring is beautiful and too much bling on your bands may detract from the beauty.. IMO...

I am so glad someone agrees... I thought the idea of too much bling could be deemed sacrilegious!!!
31.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Like this:

It is a whole different personalty.. I know my stone is filthy.. sorry

plainwithbands67.JPG

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
or:

I just think two thin bands will give you the band and frame the ring.\

Oops... I double posted a picture

plainwithbands5.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMO It''s not about too much or too little bling, it''s about finding something that WORKS and actually goes with the e-ring...to me that is the biggest problem. Her e-ring pops all on it''s own, it''s massive. So adding more metal to the sides, to me is not going to make the e-ring look better but I think would almost make it look worse.

Woo, actually I would totally suggest having matching bands made, maybe with super thin long baguettes but the same height as your ering now (taller) so that the three look like a set, but 2mm or less in width. Baguettes aren''t blingy really but I think that if you really want to go with a band or two, get something that really matches!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo, I like the two plain bands with your set but LOVE LOVE LOVE the diamond ones :) It is beautiful. Mara you are very sweet and wise. Maybe I will have whiteflash look at it. my jeweler just isn''t getting me what I want

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Woo, I definitely like this look the best. But I wouldn''t get a third band, I''d leave it as is.

Date: 3/23/2006 3:32:40 PM
Author: woobug02
wooo, I like the two plain bands with your set but LOVE LOVE LOVE the diamond ones :) It is beautiful. Mara you are very sweet and wise. Maybe I will have whiteflash look at it. my jeweler just isn''t getting me what I want
And I agree, I think it is time you start talking to other jewelers. Hopefully one of them will show you something that really jumps at you!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
here are some viachi sets look at the bands

982WMB.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo

949WMBT.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo

P32A699T.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woooo, my jeweler tried to do the same and missed the mark so how. Here is my set with what he made. i called Viachi and they said they show their sets with .75-1.25ct stones so my stone is the right size

t545.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo

4Tjp.JPG

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wooo...I had that same problem with wedding bands and my last setting with the marquise/baguette combo. I just couldn''t find anything to match quite right and it drove me nuts. I thought my new setting because it has RBs on the side was going to match my eternity band but the RBs in the setting are a bit bigger so it doesn''t look as good as I hoped but it does sit almost flush (can barely see any distance as opposed to my other setting) so that''s a step up from before. I was going to get a matching band made but with finding my new RB and getting my eternity band and also new setting I just didn''t feel like spending another 1400-1700 on the matching band. Maybe in the future but who knows??? I just think baguettes in general detract from the center diamond...they almost make things dull. I loved my old setting when I first got it but now...the RBs really help next to my marquise.
I''m the same as Mara though...I really like matching sets or at least whatever I have to sit flush. What you showed looks nice together and if you like it I say go for it. If not...just keep looking til you find that perfect band that ultimately makes you happy
1.gif
Good luck!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
WOOOOOOO, Wow Woo I didn''t know that you had that diamond band. I to think it looks awesome with your ering. I''m sorry I''ve been working on some paper work this evening for my hubby''s company and this morning me my mom and my three cousins are going to the beach next month for a week and we were renting our beach house. But I looooove, that band with your ring best by a long shot. You should have showed it to me sooner. Oh yeah hubby called me and said that he was bringing me home something were I''ve worked so hard for him these past two days. I have no idea what it is, but I do know that it jewelry!!!
31.gif
It wont be nothing big but I know it will be nice. Oh and were my new ering is wide and with the small diamond band with it it feels no different then the three rings I wore before... I love your new look!!!
30.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
woooo, do you have a top view of this ring? is this the one that had the notches from the marquise?

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
here''s the attachment

wootopview.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo, yes it has the notches. I stopped by the jeweler and picked up my RHR.....woo pictures tomorrow :) While I was there he sat down with me and talked about my concerns over the bands and the thick platinum.... He was very nice and said he could thin out the high polished area, fill in the v notches and then do a little engraving in that area to take away from the high polished look.... He is going to begin on Monday :) He was really nice. He said he would do it till I was happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We''ll see :)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 7:38:46 PM
I stopped by the jeweler .. While I was there he sat down with me and talked about my concerns over the bands and the thick platinum.... He was very nice and said he could thin out the high polished area, fill in the v notches and then do a little engraving in that area to take away from the high polished look.... He is going to begin on Monday :) He was really nice. He said he would do it till I was happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We''ll see :)

I thought you''d decided AGAINST engraving or milligrain or anything "antiquey" with your e-ring. Is he charging you for the fix, even though you didn''t originally WANT those fixed?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the pix so everyone doesn''t have to "topic hop"
1.gif

wooringtop.JPG

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I think the engraving on these bands are okay because it matches her e-ring. It just needs to be tweeked a bit. I don''t think the jeweler should have ever gave it back to her without fixing the notches. It''d like to see baguettes there and not more gold.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that if the big metal part in the center of each side band with the notches was thinned out, it would look very similar to some of the ring suggestions people have given you. I bet if the big notched part was fixed and thinned down, it would be the best match for your set if you are intent on wearing more than just the ering.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo, thank you for posting a picture for me. I was in the jewerly store for over an hour discussing all of the issues. Yes, I had decided high polish only..(like Tacori suggested) but that is one of the things I disliked so much about these bands. When he started looking and hearing my true concerns he started making suggestions. Here was my list: hate the large thick areas in the center of the bands, really dislike the v notches, to much metal, soooo heavy and highly polished that my nice diamond is lost. Would like to be able to wear the bands alone sometimes, or only one with the er and it no look funny.................... So after all of that info he said he would thin the center way down and make it just look like a band instead of the thick area that goes into the er. He said he would completely fill in the notches and if we thought there was just way to much open platinum he would place a small amount of viachi engraving in that area. He said he really thought that would tone down the top of the band and make them wearable alone if i wanted to do so. He promised to do and redo the rings until I was happy. He did say he could put a small round diamond or bag. in that section but I don''t really want anymore BAGGUETTS...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deco, that pic helps a lot. What I would like to see is to have the bands re done from scratch. Melting them down and starting over. That way you will achieve the look you really want. I like the idea of long baguettes where the V notches were. That would match your ring nicely. But altering these bands isn''t going to do it IMHO. Good luck!!!
1.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
emteeth.gif
thank you firegodess and marvel, I took in several pictures that marvel had sent me. The one from facets almost looks exactly like the top of my bands except I have that out of control center section.

Small thank you for you support. This has been a difficult situation. What should have been a great upgrade has turned into a nightmare. I will prevail and overcome
face20.gif
this crazy time.

My hubby wants me to fix these bands....he told me to fix them because we paid alot for them and they weren''t cheap. He told me to get them the way I want.

If I ever get them fixed I will be able to wear just one and it should look GOOD

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The difference between the custom bands & the ones others have posted as inspiration ... and the one that seems most difficult to fix is the fact that the baquettes in the two flanking bands aren''t just rectangular baquettes as is customary. The stones themselves are angled. They were made from stones from your old set, no?

Is he proposing to just engrave on the tops where the V is now? Or engrave all the exposed metal all over both rings and the e-ring. No engraving is currently visible from the top view of the set. In my imagination it seems odd to just have two little bitty bars of engraving on that set ...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo...I feel so bad you seem so stressed about this! I think Lisa is right. It might be cheaper to get different bands than to try to rework your current ones. I STILL think you should order that super thin channel set band just to see what that look would be like. It is thin and simple so I think it will really make your e-ring stand out vs. taking attention away.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
good question. I never thought out the diamond shapes of the bagguetts being different.....maybe that is why it doesn''t look quite right!!!! Good analysis. Yes, he was saying just on the long center area. Can you tell I have never done this before. This is my first time at this and when we started had a picture in my mind that I paid for but haven''t gotten yet
7.gif

Ok, so the angled diamonds could be causing some of the issues with the bands appearance....hum.... Sooooooooooooooooooooooo what if I do like was mentioned and just melt down the rings and start over (husband is going to kill me) but then what. If I make one band that matches...no bagguetts just metal or add RB. I feel ill...
face24.gif
I must get thru this... Decode do you have a picture of your er I would love to see

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Tacori, Before going to the jeweler I have contacted the company about the really thin band and their return policy....just in case. but for the platinum band it is only $650. that is a great buy! I wish this situation on no one
39.gif
I think I am about to lose it
32.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 9:25:58 PM
good question. I never thought out the diamond shapes of the bagguetts being different.....maybe that is why it doesn''t look quite right!!!! Good analysis. Yes, he was saying just on the long center area. Can you tell I have never done this before. This is my first time at this and when we started had a picture in my mind that I paid for but haven''t gotten yet
7.gif

Ok, so the angled diamonds could be causing some of the issues with the bands appearance....hum.... Sooooooooooooooooooooooo what if I do like was mentioned and just melt down the rings and start over (husband is going to kill me) but then what. If I make one band that matches...no bagguetts just metal or add RB. I feel ill...
face24.gif
I must get thru this... Decode do you have a picture of your er I would love to see
This can be rectified. Think of it this way. The bands were made for you when you had a marquise right?? You don''t have the marquise anymore and the bands need to reflect that. That is why I suggested having them melted down and doing new bands to fit the character of your ring as is. But I am a designer at heart. And that''s what I would do. You are using your stones, just having them done in a more stream lined manner. I think this will work without tooo much money. Really. At least ask your jeweler about it. Lisa
1.gif
Hang in there, not all projects are easy. Trust me on that.
3.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be brutally honest, I really don''t like the look of the eternity bands with your ring. Sorry woo. It sounds like what your jeweler is going to try and do to your current bands would look really good. I would try to make the current ones as delicate as you can and maybe do a brushed finish so they aren''t so shiny. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results