shape
carat
color
clarity

OH MY GOG! My new E-ring!

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to share pictures of my brand new e-ring. Also, I felt compelled to write a review about GOG because they were super super awesome.

This stone is an upgraded stone, but the way in which my DH gave it to me was so sweet, especially for his level of romantic. A couple of months ago, my then fiance, his best man, and I went to GOG in person. It was the day before mother's day and the store was jam packed. They were serving meatballs, lemonade, and different sweets. It was such a great experience, everyone was so kind. Rhino's aunts were there, and they were the sweetest ladies ever. Rhino himself asked me to be in a video since we had traveled so far to see the store! but alas I am way too shy for that.

When we there, I fell in love with a solasfera princess cut and decided to upgrade. Unfortunately, the stone was accidentally filed a tiny bit during setting. They of course sent it off to be repolished (in the end it lost less than a point). It was getting close to my wedding though and I decided after reading about princess cuts getting "hurt" during settings that maybe an RB e-ring was best for me >< It honestly didn't phase GOG, and they were able to call in a beautiful stone for me! I still would really like to get a solasfera princess pendant in the future, that cut is amazing.

So the stone arrived to GOG just a few days before my wedding. (I am always down to the wire, haha) I lost one day because I was deciding on six prongs vs. 4 and another day due to issues with my bank. I definitely did not foresee the issues with my bank and thought my ring would come in they day before the wedding with no problem. Wrong! So at this point, I decided to have Vicki send me out the ring anyway. I figured I definitely wouldn't get it for my wedding as it was a morning wedding at 11 am and everyone would be gone from our house by 900 or 930. Saturday fedex deliveries are supposed to come before noon, and in my experience they come a little before the end of the limit. I thought though at least I could get it the following Monday. (No honeymoon because of work/school, hoping for a Christmas vacation honeymoon).

I stayed with my mom the night before the big day, and I told my dh to please please call me if fedex came, as you all know how it is when it's a fedex day. But I was still sure they wouldn't make it as they dont make it before 900 when the "deliver by time" is 10am during the weekdays. As I expected there was no such call from him that morning, but it didn't phase me as I was so busy. I remember thinking at some point that maybe dh would send it to the room I was getting ready in at the church as a sort of wedding gift if it arrived, but that didn't happen either.

As we are saying our vows during the actual ceremony, our son escaped my mom and ran right up to us in front of everyone. I took a moment to bend over and pick him up (he's just three). My dh took the opportunity to put the band together with the e-ring that had arrived unbeknownst to me. He slid both on my finger, and I didn't see until it was almost completely on. At the moment I gasped in front of everyone (despite the situation I still had the appropriate PS reaction). I was just shocked because I saw the best man give us only our two bands. It was sooo cool and in front of all those people, we still had our own private thing. Even though the moment was already so incredibly special and intense, he found a way to make it even better. He has supported me through my upgrades and knows how much I love diamonds. No one said they heard me gasp up there, but dh said it was hilarious.

Sorry that was too long, it's amazing if you got through it, really. Thank you for reading and even more thanks for all the education!

Also, GOG really made me happy, and Charles went the extra mile :appl: . They have a customer for life and my recommendation!

1.51 H VS2 GIA Ex
sz 5.5 in a temp 6 prong setting

_127.jpg

ajrings4.jpg

ajering9.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's beautiful and so classy!

Congrats!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So sweet how your DH presented it ::) It's beautiful, congrats!

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Thank you very much Laila and GemFever :) And yes, it was very sweet for him :lol: These are the last ones for now. Thank you for looking. Happy Independence Day for those of us here in the U.S.A!

imag0594.jpg

imag0601.jpg

imag0609.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, your kitty is sooo adorable!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is SOOOOOO sweet and romantic!!! what a wonderful surprise up at the altar!!! Congratulations on your wedding and the awesome service by GOG!

(cutest kitten EVER!!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous!!! Love the "temp" setting!!!

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are as beautiful as your story - congrats on the rings and the wedding!

Love the six prongs - think you made the right choice!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow that is gorgeous!!! Congrats :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, so sweet! And I know exactly what you mean by "romantic..for him"! :lol:

Your ring is gorgeous :love: and almost exactly like mine, same ring size, too! I think the temp setting looks great! I went with the Vatche U-113 from GOG and love it!

Congratulations!!!

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi, thank you he sure did surprise me, and I thought it to be nearly impossible.

Canuk-gal, thank you so much, and this setting will probably be worn for awhile haha. We want to save up now for our official honeymoon.

MissGotRocks, thanks especially as I like every piece of your jewelry :love:

Armywife, thank you, stunning is such a nice compliment!

DS, thanks so much, and yeah I didn't think he was capable of such a sweet surprise. When he proposed, if memory serves me correct, he came home from work, sat on the couch next to me, and said "You wanna get married?" And I was just checking out your thread the other day for setting ideas when I had learned we were able to get this stone shipped to GOG. It's beautiful.

Amysbling, thank you, and yes I think I will have a hard time upgrading this one:) But luckily I am finally currently satisfied haha.

Laila, thanks about the kitten, she's 9 weeks old and that picture is completely deceiving.

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Skippy, thank you very much :) , I feel sooo fortunate to own it.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet story, a gorgeous set, and a darling kitty!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
what a sweet gesture of your DH!!! love the ring, it looks beautiful and pretty perfect actually in that "temp" setting!!! also love that you are the same ring size as me so I am more solidified in the fact that I want finger coverage like yours heheh. congratulations on the wedding and happy 4th to you too!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kalrik|1341430265|3228603 said:
Skippy, thank you very much :) , I feel sooo fortunate to own it.

It's so nice when folks are appreciative and over the moon about their jewelry - I just loved this comment from you!

jacy

Shiny_Rock
It's a gorgeous diamond and lovely in the "temp" setting alongside your beautiful 5-stone band! Congrats and enjoy!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love a solitaire and five stone band set (I suppose I am a bit partial ;-)
What a sweet surprise from your DH!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set, the rings look perfect together! And your kitty is adorable!

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Minmin and Rosebloom, thank you very much and thanks for getting through the story, haha

Motownmama, Thank you so much! and I am a Motown Mama too ;-) lived here my whole life ;-) This heat is amazing lately.

Pandabee, it's so awesome I helped someone decide on her stone size. I think it's a really great size, especially for wearing everyday. It hasn't bothered me at all, but it does look to me to cover about 50% of my finger (O.O bling!) I sort of regret getting a wedding band with such comparably large stones as I think my center stone looks bigger with just the spacer, haha (just something to consider).

lknvrb4 and tuckins, thank you very much, each of your comments made me smile irl haha

MissGotRocks, I do so appreciate my rings. My dh says it's only worth it because of how often I admire them :halo:

Jacy, thanks a lot. I think you guys have changed my mind about my setting, and I think it may be more than temporary now hehe

Diamond Dana, it is a really great, classic look if I do say so myself; ) Thank you.

Alene, thank you and thank you. I'll post one more kitten picture, since she's so popular and so you get an idea of how tiny she is. We're trying to fatten her up!

(And a couple last pics just because:D)

_135.jpg

_134.jpg

_136.jpg

_137.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's so beautiful and classic! It would be my forever setting! =) Your kitty is adorable too!! ;))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh kitty bling. CONGRATULATIONS! Lovely, classic set!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results